26. Focus

KIKI

"Stay with me, even if it is just for tonight, stay with me." Jake says running a hand through my hair. "Dad's going to be out all night, it'll be just us."

"Okay. Besides, I miss being with you." I smile slightly. "And I miss being able to sleep indoors, but I miss you more." He slightly laughs then kisses my temple.

"I miss you too, Kiki." He whispers.

"I love you."

"I love you."

∅∅∅

I play with his hair gently, his head on my stomach. I smile as his arms slightly wrap around my sides. He mumbles something impossible to make out and I laugh.

"I might have heightened hearing, but it doesn't work when you aren't saying actual words." I tease. He groggily lifts his head.

"What happened in South America?" He asks.

"A lot of stuff, Jake." I reply.

"So you'll tell Paul but you won't tell me?" He raises and eyebrow and sits up.

"Mainly because I knew Paul wouldn't flip out." I state.

"Why would I flip out?" He continues to press the subject.

"I don't know, maybe because I almost died multiple times. I almost got caught multiple times. I hurt a lot of people, I almost killed a lot of people Jake."

"Almost, Kiara. Almost." He says. "But you're here and alive, that's all that matters." I purse my lips and nod to myself.

"So what your saying is I can kill people as long as I stay with you and alive? Seems fair."

"That's not what I meant." He slightly grumbles.

"I know." I smile rustling his hair with my hand.

"C'mere." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me against him. I laugh slightly and straddle his waist. "I love you."

"Just shut up and kiss me." I roll my eyes and lean down before our lips meet. His hands grip my hips as our lips work together. I miss this kind of thing. I pull my shirt off and throw it aimlessly onto the floor. He does the same before our lips meet again. We flip and he pins me to the bed. His lips migrate to my neck and chest, his hands holding my arms by my head. I subconsciously bite my lip.

∅∅∅

I roll over and rest my head on his chest before closing my eyes and pulling the blanket up over my face. Warmth surrounds me and I smile. I open my eyes and I'm on cement floors- and naked. I slowly raise up and look around me. Blood. Smoke. Fire. Dead bodies. Shattered glass. I slowly stand and walk around, careful not to step on anything. I find an outfit in perfect condition and put it on. I'm still barefoot but continue to walk around. I get up to a gate with a door. Eichen? I place my hands against the door and the area becomes blue and something pushes against me. I let go and step back. I thrust my hands forward and the door flies off. I walk through and the blue still pushes against me. It throws me back amongst the chaos and dead bodies and flames. I get up and pull the glass from my skin. A redhead walks by me and goes right through it. I furrow my eyebrows at her. She turns around and furrows her eyebrows.

"Aren't you coming?" She asks.

"I can't get through it." I reply shaking my head.

"Yes you can, just try." She states. I walk and go to step through but it throws me back. "Focus." I get up and narrow my eyes at the forcefield or whatever is keeping me from going through. I walk toward it and place my hands against it. My eyes glow and I push against it. It throws me back and I slowly raise.

"I can't go through it, dumb ass." I growl.

"Try harder." She says. I run at it and it launches me back among the chaos. I get up and growl at the girl. "I said try harder not do something ridiculous." I stomp toward it and press against the field. "Now focus." I make my eyes glow. "Focus." The blue pushes against me. "Kiara, focus." I growl and press harder. "FOCUS!!!!!!"

I shoot upwards and look around. I'm in the woods, luckily with clothes on. I slowly climb to my feet then look around. I start walking, though I'm not sure where to.

"Kiki what the hell!?!" Jake exclaims as he stops running.

"Jake? What are you doing out here?" I ask.

"I woke up and you were gone, I've been looking for you for hours." He replies.

"What?"