16. Phasing and Love and Lust

KIKI

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Seth yells. I take a deep breath, and Leah watches him carefully.

"Seth, take a deep breath." Leah says.

"Shut your whore mouth Leah!" He snaps naturally. I lightly smirk.

"Seth, why don't you and I go outside?" I suggest. He nods and follows me onto the porch. "Kinda sucks being so young doesn't it?" I scoff leaning on the railing beside him. He leans on it and stares out into the woods.

"Yeah, it does." He states nodding.

"You'll probably get really pissed in a few seconds, and your vision will change, then you might run and then shift and the first time it hurts, like a bitch, but anytime after that you feel nothing." I say.

"Great." He grumbles.

"If you start running now, you might not have to deal with anyone until you need help shifting back." I state.

"What?" He asks.

"You might want to book it." I pat his back and turn walk off. "I'm serious." He nods and makes a break for it. I smirk and walk back inside.

"What the hell did you just do!?!" Embry yells.

"Gave him a word of advice." I mutter.

"What did you tell him?" Leah asks.

"Told him if he wanted to be alone, that he should start running before he got pissed again, we know what he feels after he shifts, just not during, if he needs help shifting back we'll know." I reply with a shrug.

"Are you brain dead!?!" Embry yells. "How stupid are you!?!" I roll my eyes.

"Embry leave your sister alone." Sam says.

"What the hell is wrong with you Kiara!?!" Embry doesn't stop.

"Embry!" He scolds.

"You're so fucking dumb!" Embry keeps going. "No wonder-"

"Finish that sentence. I dare you." I sneer.

"No wonder mom-" Embry starts to say but gets cut off by Jake punching him. I smirk and Embry glares at Jake.

"Embry, stop being such a dick." Emily orders.

∅∅∅

I rest my head on his chest and pull the blanket up over my shoulders. Jake pulls me closer to his chest and I smile slightly. I wrap my leg across his and slide my fingers through his. He rubs my back and my eyes flutter a few times.

"Are you tired?" He chuckles.

"No. Okay maybe, only because you're making me." I grumble. "And it's starting to piss me off." He chuckles again.

"I love you so much." He smiles.

"You're an asshole." I smack his chest.

"But you love me." He states. I nod before straddling his waist and smiling down at him.

"Maybe." I smirk. He quirks a brow.

"How much?" He asks. I lean down and attach our lips. I slowly pull back. "Is that it?" I scoff before pulling my shirt off over my head and shaking my hair out slightly.

"Obviously not." I state leaning back down and reattaching our lips. We roll over, him now on top. I tug on the bottom of his shirt. "This has got to go." He throws his shirt off and I smile before our lips meet again. His hands move to my hips as his lips attack my lips in a way that could make a girl forget how to breathe. My arms hook around his neck, keeping him close. We both slightly smile before kissing again.

∅∅∅

"KIARA BROOKLYN!!!" Sam booms from the living room. I groan and roll out of bed. I put on a pair of shorts and a shirt before walking to the living room to find Sam shaking.

"What?" I snap rubbing my eyes.

"What in the hell did you do to my damn car!?!" He growls.

"Nothing, you drove it last." I place my hands on my hips.

"Bullshit!" His voice raises and I hold perfectly still.

"You drove it last and you can't fucking tell me any different unless you let someone else use it after you drove me home from seeing Morrell." I state. He glares at me. I roll my eyes and turn around.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" He yells.

"You weren't fucking talking!" I scream turning back around. I clench my fists and spin back around walking toward my room. I fling my door open and slam it shut. "YOU FUCKING PRICK!!!" I yell through the door. Jake looks at me with concern while I start pacing.

"What's that all about?" He asks sitting up. I shake my head and continue to pace. "Kiki, what's wrong?" I bite my lip and stare at the ground. I hear him move from the bed and put his clothes on. He places a hand on my shoulder and I slowly lift my head. "Why were you two yelling?" I shake my head and lean it against his shoulder.

"Do you think you could take me to my Dad's?" I ask. He gently rubs my back.

"Are you sure?" He replies. I nod slightly. "Then yeah, I'll take you to see him." I nod again and he wraps his arms around me. "I love you." He presses his lips to the side of my head.

"I love you too." I whisper.