33. Last Time

KIKI

I brush my hair and sigh.

Day Six, over.

∅∅∅

Day Seven. Make it worth it.

I roll over to find Jacob is gone. I furrow my eyebrows before sitting up. The door opens and he walks in with a smile on his face.

"Well, now I don't have to wake you up and get bitched at, but I brought food." He states before plopping down beside me and throwing a box of cupcakes at me.

"You catch on quick." I smirk ripping open the box. My smirk quickly fades as I find the box is empty. I growl slightly. "Where the hell are my cupcakes?"

"In a safe place." He replies before flinching when I smack him with the box. "That's abuse." I smack him again.

"Where the hell are my motherfucking cupcakes!?!" I growl playfully.

"Ouch, damn woman, they're under the bed." He says before rubbing his arm where I had hit him with the box. I throw the box down and lean over the edge of the bed to look under. I smile and grab three of the cupcakes before sitting back up.

"You're services are greatly appreciated." I hand him one and eat the other two.

"Why the hell do you get two?" He asks.

"The inner bitch has to eat too." I reply.

Yeah, I deserve cupcakes every now and then.

"You piss me off sometimes you know that right?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Oh shut up, you like it." I narrow my eyes.

"Is that so?" He smirks. I press my lips to his and his hands meet my waist.

"I love you."

"I love you too." We kiss again, sparks rushing through my body, my eyes threatening to glow. I force it back. Today is all I have with him, and I don't want to let it go. I could die in Eichen and this is the last I'll have. I'm not ready to leave. I don't want to lose every last bit of me I have. Tomorrow is the day I will teach myself how to remember what I can't. Who knows, it could be a millennium before I'm brought out of captivity and back into the world. Remember. This could be the last time I ever see the world outside. Remember. I need to teach myself how to do the impossible, I need to teach myself who I am. Remember. I need to find away to come back. I need to learn what I am from myself. Remember. I need to find a way to pull myself back. I need to find away back to freedom. I need to learn who I am. Remember.

∅∅∅

I gently kiss his chest before closing my eyes and basking in his warmth. Thunder rolls outside and rain hits the window, sliding down.

"I can't imagine what it's like on that mountain." I state. "Poor Seth, he's probably freezing his ass off."

"Werewolves don't get cold." Jake says running his hand up and down my arm. "He's fine."

"Yeah, it's just hard to believe that he's actually a freaking werewolf instead of tiny weak Seth. He's huge now." I say. "He grew up too fast."

"He's a good kid. I'll take care of him." He gently kisses my head. "And Leah and Sue, and Emily, and Kim."

"Who's gonna take care of you then?" I ask.

"I can take care of myself Kiki." He replies.

"Don't wear yourself thin, Jacob." I say.

"I won't baby, don't you worry." He states. I softly smile as the storm lightens. I bury my face in his chest as I pull the blanket up further.

"I love you, Jacob." I declare for the last time.

"I love you too, Kiki."