57. The Raven (Part 2)

The trickster stories, the coyote, the raven and the fox, they all crave the same thing - power.

"Kiara what the hell!?!" Dad yells.

"Peter's still alive." I say hoarsely.

"How? You went overboard when you killed him." Embry places a hand on my back.

"It wasn't actually him. It was a trick." I state.

"Are you sure he's alive?" Jake asks. I manage a nod.

"He's using my own mind against me. He wants me to lose control." I run a hand through my hair. "His body is dead, but that was just his human body."

"What do you mean?" Seth asks.

"Coyote." I growl.

"I think you're just letting your anxiety get the best of you." Embry gently rubs my back. "Trust me, he's dead, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten your power back."

"Plus we burned what was still left of him." Dad adds. "He's gone Kiki, burning in hell where he deserves to be."

"You have no way to prove that." I retort.

"Kiki, he's gone. You're mind is just playing tricks on you." Jake states.

"I know what I saw." I growl.

"I would've saw it too." Embry shrugs. "You're starting to get to yourself."

"I'M NOT CRAZY AND I KNOW IT WAS HIM!" I yell slamming my hands down.

"Kiara, there was nothing there. It's just anxiety." Jake says stepping closer.

"I know what I saw." I mutter turning to walk away. Jake gently grabs my arm. I make my arm heat up and he lets go.

"Kiki come on, let's go take a walk or something." Jake says. I nod and take his hand. I let him lead me outside.

"Jake, I'm not crazy." I whisper. "I swear I'm not crazy."

"No one ever said that you were." He retorts gently swinging our arms. "You experienced a lot of traumatizing shit Kiki, it's perfectly normal for you to react to everything like you are."

"I'm not crazy." I shake my head and stare at the ground.

"Kiara stop." He says sternly. "That's enough. I don't want to hear you say it anymore."

"Well stop treating me like I'm crazy." I retort stepping back.

"I'm treating you like someone who could use some help." He states. "Because honestly you could. If you keep doing this shit you'll end up killing yourself." He shakes his head. "Is that what you want?"

"No." I bite my lip. "No it's not."

"Then stop letting your thoughts get to you and just let us help you. Let me help you." He sighs.

"It's not that easy." I murmur staring at the ground.

"Neither is being a teenage werewolf dating a demon yet here we are." He scoffs.

"I'm only half demon you ass." I gently push his chest.

"Come on, let's go to La Push." He grabs my hand and I giggle as we make our way toward the beach.

///

I sit out on a rock with my feet dangling above the water. My hair daintily dangles by my face as the sun starts to set. A raven flies past and into the trees. Then goes another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another.

One for sorrow,
Two for mirth,
Three for a wedding,
Four for birth,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

I look over toward Jake who is also watching the strange birds.

"Jake?" I slowly climb off the rock.

"I think we should probably get going." He says grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, me too." I press my body against his as we walk. The birds start circling and I grip his hand tighter. I blink and we're at my dad's house. I quickly wrap my arms around Jake's torso and cling to him. He gently rubs my back.

"It's okay." He whispers, "it's all okay."

Okay so remember when I said that I'd have this book finished by the end of 2018 at the latest? Yeah so I lied. I have terrible writer's block like 90% of the time and a lot of school work. So updates are probably still going to be very slow on this just like they are on every other book. But hey, I'm trying. It's the thought that counts right?
Anyways, since I don't know when the next chapter will go up, Happy Holidays and Joyous Chrysler and Happy New Year.

You Know Who I Am