50. Mockingbird

KIKI

I open the car door and step out. I look back over my shoulder to Jake and half smile. I take a deep breath and go to walk to the house. I stop walking and sigh. I shake my head and continue to the house. Jake starts up the stairs and I camouflage into the wall. I slowly make my way up the stairs and Renesmee stares at me.

"What do you see?" Bella asks.

"Well, you'd all see her too but she decided to play chameleon." She replies.

"Who?" Blondie asks.

"Me." I state materializing from the wall. They all gape at me, with the exclusion of Jake and Renesmee. "You literally just saw me yesterday."

"They thought they were hallucinating." Ness states.

"I thought you were going to tell them?" I ask.

"What was I supposed say?" She exclaims. "Oh, you remember Kiki, the one that set herself up to die, yeah well I pulled her out of hell and now she's alive."

"Pretty much!" I wave a hand.

"Well then they'd look at me like I'm the crazy one!" She throws her hands up.

"I'm not crazy." I deadpan.

"Okay, because sane people climb up walls and turn their heads 180 degrees around." She says.

"That wasn't me, that was the Nephilium featuring the perigee syzygy."

"It was still your body." She shrugs.

"I was entirely unconscious and unaware of what my lovely roommate was doing." I retort.

"So is that what you call her now?" Muscles-for-brains asks.

"Oh, no, Sierra died, if not she's annoying the shit out of Peter, or she's free. My newest inner bitch is legit a demon, but I like this one. She has no desire to take of body, she just wants me to get my wolf back so she can sleep." I reply. "And so she no longer has to deal with my obsessive inner monologue."

"Then wouldn't the pack have to deal with it?" Esme asks.

"Well, it'd just be Jake, Seth and Leah since someone finally got the balls to stand up to Sam and leave, even though he shouldn't have turned down alpha and Ephraim, Henry, and John agree with me." I state.

"You're not gonna let that go are you?" Jake sighs. "Turning it down seemed like a good idea at the time."

"Well just so you know, the elders, including your grandfather the chief are very displeased that you turned down alpha but are starting to get over it because you left." I stick up my nose.

"Wow, and you're not even a mutt anymore and you still act like one." Blondie scoffs. I form a fire ball on my fist and turn toward her.

"Would you like a repeat of chemistry because I'm pretty sure setting your hair on fire again will be just as fun a second time." I smirk.

"Wait." Renesmee pulls me down onto my knees and the flame on my hand goes out. She pushes my hair away from my face and looks closely at my skin. She lifts my head and looks at my neck. She checks my arms and hands and then furrows her eyebrows. "Where are the scars? Or at least still burns?"

"They healed." I state.

"No, that's impossible. Not even a Nephilium can heal that fast." She retorts.

"It healed."

"No they didn't, your heart skipped a beat." She says.

"My heart hasn't worked properly since I came back, that's what happens when you die and come back." I retort.

"You didn't heal that fast Kiara, I know better." She doesn't back down.

"It healed, end of story." I stand up and walk toward the window.

"It couldn't have." I spin around and roar. She flinches slightly.

"Enough." I growl.

"Or what? You don't have enough power to do anything and keep the burns hidden." She sasses. My eyes turn completely black.

"She doesn't but I do." The Nephilium speaks. "Shut up about the burns don't bring up anything about hell, Peter, her mother, or any of it. Don't even bring up about what happened at Eichen. She just got out of hell, don't make her go back." She gives be back control over our vessel and I shake my head.

"I like her better than the other one." Edward states.

"Everyone does." I half nod.

"Are we just going to neglect that she just became someone totally different threatened the child's life then switched back!?!" Someone exclaims.

"She's done worse." Carlisle shrugs.

"That mass murder spree was Sierra." I retort.

"You've still done worse on your own." Jake states.

"Really?" I sass.

"Getting in fights, setting Blondie's hair on fire, almost killing your brother- multiple times, that one time you snapped Bella's arm in like four pieces, snapping a nurse's neck, oh and um eating like 90% of the staff at Eichen." He pauses. "Need I continue?"

"Wait, when did you snap Bella's arm in four places?" Muscles-for-brains asks.

"We were eight, and my story was the fell off the slide." I reply.

"What really happened?" Esme asks.

"Ooh, this is going to be fun. You see, Bella and I are the only ones who know the real story." I reply. "So it was around the middle of the day, about time for kickoff and we knew that Billy would be bringing Jake over to watch the game. Bella had the great idea to say something about either Jake liking her more or Jake would say hi to her first, and well I wasn't gonna have that. I said something along the lines of, 'he can't if you're in the hospital when he gets here' and gave her a compound fracture."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Carlisle asks.

"I didn't want her to break my other arm." Bella replies.