4. "Something bad, really bad."

KIKI

I had to work on finding a loop hole and quick. Being stuck with Sam almost all the time is starting to get to me. Really starting to get to me. I groan and stretch out in front of the fan.

"Get used to it Kiki." Sam says.

"It's hot!" I whine.

"Sam, give her a break, she's not used to always being over heated." Emily aids my complaint.

"She's going to have to get used to it." Sam retorts.

"Give her time, she's barely sixteen." Emily sends a sweet smile my way. I think I just found my loop hole.

"Em, she's going to have to suck it up sooner or later." He sighs. I whine again and roll on to my stomach.

"Leave her alone for now Sam." Emily says walking back to the kitchen. She walks back in and tosses a Popsicle in my direction. I quickly open it and eat it ridiculously fast. "Kiki, I wouldn't eat that fast if I were you." I throw the plastic down and lay back on my stomach.

"I don't care." I mumble. I bury my head in my arms, my hair draped around them.

"Well you should." Sam states.

"Who the hell put you in charge of me?" I snap lifting my head from arms, my hair falling over my shoulders.

"Kiki, calm down." He says.

"No! I can do whatever in the hell I want! Don't fucking tell me what I can and can't do!" I yell.

"That's enough." He steps toward me.

"Leave me the hell alone!" I jump to my feet.

"Kiara that's enough!" He slightly raises his voice.

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" I get louder.

"KIARA THAT IS ENOUGH!!!" Sam booms. I narrow my eyes at him. I turn and grab my keys before walking out the door and starting my truck. I pull out and speed off. I grip the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white as I drive down the road. I pull into Paul's drive way and let go of the wheel. I jerk the key out and throw it at the dash. My chest continues to heave as I stare at the dashboard.

"Kiki?" I hear Paul come closer. "You okay?"

"Maybe. Yes? No? I don't know." I sigh resting my head against the steering wheel.

"It's hard, I know." He says, his eyes flick to a picture in my dash. "You want to see him, don't you?"

"I just want to get away for a while. Being forced to stay near Sam is driving me over the edge." I state.

"What are you thinking?" Paul asks.

"Using Emily as a loop hole to get away. She's been taking up for me, not letting Sam be a total dick all the time. Even though he doesn't really listen. It works for a little while." I reply raising my head and gazing out the front glass.

"He doesn't realize that he's only making it worse for you." Paul states. "He could probably end up getting you sent back, and that would be another kind of hell."

"What would happen if they did end up sending me back?" I ask looking at him.

"Something bad, really bad." He replies.