6. Fun Size

KIKI

One week later...

I pull my hair up in a ponytail and grab clothes for a shower. I set them on the sink and start the water. I take my clothes off and step into shower. The water runs along my toned skin, instantly cooling me. I scrub my body and rinse off. I stand under the water for a few minutes before shutting it off and getting out. I wrap a towel around me and dry off before getting dressed. I walk out of the bathroom and look around my room. I walk to the window and peek out. I watch Sam walk out into the yard, followed by Jared. I cross my arms and watch closely. Billy's truck pulls in and Jacob gets out- his hair is a lot shorter and he has a tattoo on his arm- just like mine and the others that are in the- wait. Did Jake phase and then they just didn't tell me? I furrow my eyebrows and close my curtain before leaving my room. I walk out onto the porch and cross my arms- glaring at Sam and Jared.

"Care to explain?" I snap watching them carefully. All four look toward me. "How long did you think you'd be able to go without telling me someone else phased?"

"We were going to tell you." Sam states.

"I'd love to believe that Sam, but you know for some reason I don't. Why didn't you tell me?" I growl.

"It was easier to avoid at the time." Jared replies calmly. I roll my eyes.

"Please, I'm not an idiot." I scoff.

"Kiki, we were going to tell you the other day, but you ran off." Sam says dragging a hand down his face.

"You could've told me when I got back." I state flatly. I glance at Jake to say something to him, but when our eyes meet- gravity shifts. Everything gets clearer and I'm no longer angry. Everything is calm, the wind gently blows and the birds stop calling, then everything returns to how it was, only gravity didn't shift back. I blink a few times and shake my head.

"You both owe me twenty bucks." I hear Billy say. I look up to catch Sam and Jared looking between me and Jake. "I told you it would be them." Billy smiles. I look over at Jake and smile.

"Haven't seen you in a while." I state. "How've you been?"

"Okay, I guess, it was different not seeing you all the time." He replies with a slightly smile. "What about you?"

"I've been stuck dealing with Sam and Jared all the time, what do you think?" I scoff. He smiles widely and rolls his eyes.

"Of course." He says.

"So, because I know those assholes won't tell me, when did you finally phase?" I jump up and sit on the railing.

"Like four days ago." He replies walking toward me. He leans against the porch and I smirk.

"Ha ha, I'm taller than you." I tease slightly nudging him with my foot. He rolls his eyes.

"If you're taller, why don't you come down here and square up?" He teases back. I jump off and stand in front of him crossing my arms. He smirks at me and I stomp my foot.

"Dammit." I mutter. I hear Jake laugh and I shove against his chest. "Shut up, I'm short, I know." He rolls his eyes.

"I thought you were just fun size?" He retorts using the same phrase I used when someone called me short. I push myself up and sit on the porch, resting my arms on legs so my head doesn't hit the railing.

"Well, I'm travel size now." I state.

"So you go from fun size to travel size, what's next pocket size?" He tease.

"No." I murmur. He grins.

"Then what's the next thing to avoid saying that you're short?" He asks.

"I dunno." I shrug.