0.1

Valerie's P.O.V.
My head suddenly heard a loud barking noise. Rascal. Stupid dog.

"Rascal! SHUT UP!" I screamed through my pillow at my Boston Terrier.

The barking stopped. I sat up already awake and threw my pillow at the window. Seeing stupid Carson sleeping peacefully in his bed. His hair laid in small tussles framing his jaw and sparkling blue eyes.

I climbed off my bed and went to my closet to pick out a dress for the day. A white dress with roses called my name. I slid it over my head and curled my hair before doing my makeup. My cat Mason drooped down the stairs. Clearly as tired as I was. I ran my fingers through my brown hair and licked my lips before running down the stairs in record speed. I got to the bottom and was greeted by my mom. She held my white leather backpack out for me. I grabbed it kissing her cheek and running out the door with a goodbye.

I walked out into the road and felt my curls bouncing against my shoulders. For once I didn't hear an annoying boy calling my name. I walked up to my best friends door and she popped out just as I was about to knock.

"Janie! I missed you." I hugged her tightly. She hugged me and turned around just in time to pull me inside the door of her house.

"What the he-" she cut me off.

"Carson. James. Jesse. Isaac." She pointed out the window to four flawless boys walking down the street. Shoving and punching each other. Carson wore black swim shorts and no shirt. They hung low on his hips as they did with all the other boys. Jesse wore white shorts. Isaac wore lime green shorts. And James wore hot pink shorts. All of them had bare chests and toned stomachs. Their hair ruffling in the wind.

I thanked Janie silently. She nodded and we walked out the door after we saw that they were far enough.

"Is it just me. Or are they all amazingly hot?" She asked turning her head towards me.

"No, no. It's not just you. Trust me." I sucked in a deep breathe and looked over at the lake that sparkled in the sun.

We grew closer to the lake and my eyes started to roll as I saw Jesse pushing Isaac into the water following a laugh. Carson ran up behind him and shoved him in the water. Jumping in shortly after him. James shook his head lowly. He was definitely the most mature, never shoving or messing around with the boys. But I mean, he is 21. Jesse is 16. Isaac is 18. And Carson is 19. But for some reason they were all absolutely gorgeous. I don't know how but they are.

We walked up beside the water and set our stuff down. Janie took her cover up off of her and threw it down before running towards the water and cannon balling with a giant splash. I took my dress off and did the same thing. I never went anywhere up here without my swimsuit, I was always prepared. I swam over to her and pulled her down under the water with me. She popped back up with a breath and smiled at me.

I looked over just in time to see Carson swimming towards us. Great.

He stood up and started walking towards us, his shorts hanging dangerously low on his waist. The V line on his pelvis showing. He ran his hands through his hair and smirked at us. If he wasn't so gorgeous I wouldn't be staring at him like the stalker I am.

"Val." His voice was low and a little raspy from being under water. He cleared his throat and the raspiness disappeared.

"Hi Carson." I responded before dunking my head under the water and coming back up, slicking my hair back with my hands. He stared at my eyes, his sky blue ones piercing my soul.

"Do you girls want to play a game with us?" He asked, gesturing to both me and Janie.

"What game?" I questioned.

"Shark." he replied instantly.

Every time we played this game he always found a way to pull me under the water and scared the shit out of me. But we accepted his offer. He turned around, beckoning us towards him and his 3 brothers.

We swam off and met them in the middle of the lake. I couldn't touch here and neither could Janie which is what made it so scary.

"Alright. Jesse and Isaac will be the Sharks. Carson will be the life guard. Janie, Val, and I will be the people." James decided with no arguing.

We all nodded and Janie and James swam off in the same direction as me. James venturing off on his own as he usually did. This lake was pretty much crystal clear so we could see what was under us or in front of us at all times. I saw Jesse swimming towards me and I turned around kicking my legs as fast as I could. He snatched my feet and attempted to pull me under. But Carson swam out of no where. Pulling me out of Jesse's grip and collecting me in his arms.

"God damn Carson." I looked at his face and was stunned. He was very attractive and made it incredibly hard to think or look any where else.

"What? Are you okay?" He asked curiously, inspecting my body.

"Yeah, I'm fine you horndog." I said. Slapping his arm hard enough to receive a small ow.

He dropped me into the water and I looked over to see Janie still anxiously waiting to be pulled under. Isaac swam under her and grabbed her left foot. Pulling her down under the cold water in one swift move. I saw Carson cursing under his breath.

A laugh erupted from my chest as did James. We swam towards eachother and continued laughing. Making it hard to stay afloat. James gripped my waist so I wouldn't go under. He was always like an older brother to me. Incredibly sweet but very protective and serious when needed. Isaac floated around in circles with Janie by him and Jesse swam to Carson and attempted to pull his shorts down. Carson put him in a head lock and pulled on his hair earning several painful groans. I laughed lightly and looked back at James. Telling him it was okay to let me go, he nodded and released me back into the flowing water. I swam over to Janie and Isaac. They talked as usual about random shit that no one else found interesting. I heard them say something about fish and swam the other way.

I was coming up behind Carson when I felt something wrap around my ankle.

"Guys! I thought we were done playing!" I yelled out to everyone.

"We are." they all yelled back in unison.

"Then what is wrapping around my ankle!" I yelled back in a shriek.

I heard James shout fuck and swim towards me in a violent manner.

"CARSON!!! It's a water moccasin!!" Isaac yelled at his brother.

Carson's face fell. As did mine. A water moccasin, out of all the things it could've been it had to be that. They surrounded me within a matter of seconds and circled around the black snake coiling itself around my ankle in a painful way. I felt a stinging run up my leg and through the rest of my body.

"Isaac. I think it bit her." Was the last thing I heard Janie say before a pair of strong arms drug me out of the water.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹