3.1

Harper's P.O.V.

As much as I want her to be able to sleep, I am not carrying a passed out Green Bean to my car. I shook her lightly after about 5 minutes of peace and quiet. She twitched slightly but didn't wake up. I rubbed my thumb across her left cheek and she wrapped her small arms around me. I lifted her up and she slumped against me, her back laying against my chest.

"Val? Agent Green Bean. Cinderella." I laughed quietly.

She yawned but didn't move.

"Hey, babe. Get up please!" I sat her up and did the only thing I thought would work. I took her hand and licked it. Her eyes shot open and she looked around before looking at me.

"Haprer! Why did you let that dog lick me?!" She pointed to a pot of flowers.

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't let you fall asleep yet."

"OOOOO!!! I know! I'm going to get a tattoo."

"No! No! That sounds terrible!"

"No it does not. I will get love tattooed on my wrist." She traced her fingers along
the sensitive skin.

"You can not do that! Your parents will kill you!"

"I don't care. I want to do something for myself. I haven't had actual fun since about 2 weeks ago. I haven't had sex in two years, my best friend isn't even the same girl I met all those years ago. I need to do something for myself, something to make me happy. I need to smile and laugh with two people that I actually like. Robin and Haprer. So I am getting a tattoo whether you come with me or not." She looked at me and her eyes filled with tears.

"Please don't cry Val, we can go. Let's find Robin." I looked hopefully at her, she nodded and stood up. Linking her arm with mine and laying her head on my shoulder. She actually isn't as drunk as I expected her to be. And no sex in two years. Damn that's gotta be rough. I mean it's been 5 for me but I don't know how it is for girls. Maybe it's harder for them but I am trying to find a girlfriend before I have sex again. It's meaningless when it's just with a random girl at a club. I want to have an actual connection with someone. Not just some one night stand where you wake up and never see the girl again. That's happened to me way to many times.

"I see her!! She's over there talking to Hippo man." She tugged me along behind her.

"Hey Robin, Val wants to get a tattoo and she wants you to come with us. Please don't leave me alone with Green Bean." I pleaded.

Valerie looked off at the lights illuminating the dance floor where random groups of people danced or talked while they drank.

"Yeah sure, maybe I will get one too. I have been thinking about it for a while now but I have never figured out what to get. I was thinking an infinity symbol on my ankle or maybe something a little bigger but not by much. Yeah sure I'll go. I'll see you later Clark." She kissed the tall mans cheek, he nodded and gave her a small smile. She gripped Val's other arm with her hand and we walked out of the bustling club.

The valet service pulled my car around and I helped Valerie inside the car before waiting with Robin until her car came. Her white jeep pulled up and she waved me to go before climbing inside her car. I hope she didn't drink too much.

"Can I ask you a question?" She looked at me.

"Yeah sure." I pulled out of the packed lot.

"Why would Carson lie to me about having a son?"

Carson? Carson? Carson.

"To be honest Val, I'm not sure. Are you positive it's his son? Maybe something else is going on."

"I just don't get it. He gave me a hug today and I couldn't help but hug him back. One of my best friends had just gotten into a car accident and therefor I was a mess. But I don't miss being scared that he could fall out of love with me. I don't miss thinking that I would never be good enough for him. I don't miss feeling like my body isn't what he wants. We are still together but it doesn't feel like it right now. I don't miss waking up and worrying about running to the bathroom to brush my teeth before he kissed me. Even though I haven't woken up without him yet but I will miss that. He's the love of my life but that won't change all the flaws I have and all the things I am terrified that he doesn't like about me." She wiped a tear away.

"I-I don't know what to say other than. If he doesn't love you for you then it isn't meant to be. You have the perfect look, your smile is brighter than those twinkle lights outside the club and I thought I was going to go blind from those. Your laugh is the most contagious thing I have ever come in contact with. Don't even get me started on your body because there is a list of things I could say and none. NONE. Of them would be bad. Nothing about you is bad Val. You are perfect in every way possible. I mean every word of that." I put my hand on hers and looked at her reassuringly.

"You think all that but I don't and what if he doesn't? Is that why he didn't tell me he has a son? Does he not trust me?" She really was confused.

"He didn't tell you because he's an idiot."

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

You know, I am really beginning to love Harper. He's adorable, don't worry about Carson. Things will work out as they are supposed to.

Thanks for reading this far my lovelies!!! This chapter is for ItsJustEm03 . Thank you so much for all your feedback and just making me feel better about my writing. It means lot. Anyway, goodnight or good morning, maybe even good afternoon to all of you. I hope you liked the chapter!!

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹