1.8

Valerie's P.O.V.

For the first time since we started dating. I am genuinely terrified for our relationship.

We never fought, we were never rude. We never even argued. So this was all new to me. He hadn't come back all night. But when I woke up all of his stuff was gone. His suitcases, shoes. Toothbrush and all.

I climbed out of the bed and sucked in a deep breath before walking into the bathroom to get ready. I pulled my hair into a pony tail and curled it. Applying a little makeup and turning Pandora on from the silence that surrounded me.

I was pulling my shirt over my head when I heard a knock on the door. I didn't have pants on so I checked through the peep hole on the door and saw Carson. I opened the door slowly and to my surprise he didn't even seem to notice I didn't have pants on.

"We're leaving now. Either you come or you don't. I don't care. I would prefer you to stay but if you come just don't talk to me." He spoke blankly and walked away.

I closed the door and felt a single tear slide out of my eye and down my cheek. My legs carried me back to the bathroom where I slid my pants on and grabbed my water bottle and purse before shutting all the lights off and leaving as fast as I could.

I saw Janie and Isaac walking hand in hand down the hallway and ran over to meet them. They both looked at me and their faces went soft. Janie pulled me in for a hug and Isaac smiled weakly at me. I squeezed Janie and cried softly onto her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Val." She rubbed my back.

"I don't e-even know why he is so u-upset." I stuttered through my sniffles.

"He really wants to marry you and when you said that you temporarily broke his heart." Isaac scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I was joking!" I half yelled and burst into tears again. You know that feeling you get when you need someone to hug you and it isn't just anyone. It's your crush, the person you love. Your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife.

"He will get over it Val, I promise." Isaac assured me.

"Yeah but the question is when." I started walking towards the elevator. Janie and Isaac close behind me. We got in the elevator and just like previously, the ride was silent. No one made an effort to say anything. We got downstairs and I saw Jesse sitting in the front with Carson in the drivers side. James held the door open for us. Isaac climbed in the back and Janie instructed James to get in the back with Isaac. She let me climb in first so I wouldn't have to see Carson's face and she filed in after me.

As soon as we started driving I knew this was going to be a quiet and awkward ride. Carson didn't check on me. He didn't look at me. Smile. Nothing. He was like a man that had gotten his heart taken out. We drove in complete silence.

We got to the parking lot and parked in the spot that was closest to the entrance of the park. It was 6:00. The park opened at 8. We got there super early so we could do this thing called magical morning. Where they let you in to go on rides and stuff early. We got out of the car and since we were in no rush, we just walked really slowly. Everyone arrived at the entrance and set all their stuff down so the security people could check it all. As I suspected we didn't have anything in our bags so they let us go. There was barely anyone here.

"Okay. So what ride do you guys want to go on first?" Jesse asked. Finally someone broke the silence.

"Tower of terror." James piped in.

"I agree." Isaac nodded his head as did Janie and I.

"Yeah. Tower of terror." Carson finally spoke.

"Alright. Then It's settled. Tower of terror." Janie smiled at me. I smiled weakly back at her.

We got into the park and walked slowly towards tower of terror. Everyone had their own separate conversation. Janie and I talked, James and Isaac were laughing about who knows what, and Jesse and Carson were quietly talking back and forth. Or maybe they were arguing, I was trying my hardest to ignore him all together. The more and more I thought about it, I shouldn't be sad. I should be mad. He can't just do this because of a joke. I love him, but that doesn't give him the right to be a douchebag.

We got to the ride and we were able to go in immediately. There was a group of two people, then one more group of three. They filed us into the elevator where they told us the cheesy ghost story, before they actually put us in our seats. Janie wanted to sit by Isaac so I got to sit in the corner by James. Sitting in the front row always made me nervous but I loved this ride. James noticed my worry and reached for my hand. Taking it in his own. He smiled a small smile at me and squeezed my hand in his own.

"It's going to be okay Val. Just remember we are all here for you. No matter what happens." He nodded his head.

"Thanks James." I laid my head on his shoulder.

He looked forward as we rose to the top of the ride and looked at me one last time before we dropped and I screamed as loud as I could. It felt amazing to get everything out. Anger, sadness, confusion. It all came out in screams. No longer was I upset he wouldn't talk to me. I was furious that I had picked him as my boyfriend. I was starting to regret the last few choices I had made. Who knows. Maybe I picked the wrong Lawson.

But one last zing of hope shot through me as I saw Carson look at James and I holding hands. His face went sad before we made eye contact and the same look I had been dreading stared me right in the eyes.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹