4.1

Valerie's P.O.V.

After the movie ended I insisted that we watched another one but Harper wanted to make dinner and eat out on the deck and of course he got his way. I shut the tv off and popped the disc back into its case. Sliding it back in the cabinet and closing it. I stood up and followed Harper out of my room, taking a peek at my door and wincing. That's worse than I thought.

"So what's for dinner?"

"What do you want?"

"I was thinking some thing grilled cheese and tater tots?" I pursed my lips together.

"Sounds good to me." He jogged down the stairs. Turning around the corner and disappearing into the kitchen. I sauntered in after him and leaned against the counter. "Well, you gonna help?" He looked over at me as he opened the fridge and pulled the cheese out. Laying it on the island behind him. He closed the fridge and opened the freezer to get the tater tots out. He tossed them to me and they hit me in the face, making me tumble backwards. He burst into laughter and tears slipped out of his piercing green eyes. I picked the bag of frozen potatoes up off the ground and threw it back at him with all the strength I could. It hit him in the stomach and he toppled over onto the ground, a frown forming in place of his smile. I snickered and pulled the bread off of the top of the fridge.

Unlike every girl you hear about, I wasn't a short stack of pancakes. In fact I was almost the same height as Harper and Carson was just freakishly tall. I stood at 5'10, Harper was 5'11. And Carson stood at a staggering 6'1. Robin however was a shortie, she was 5'6. I had always been tall growing up and I never had much trouble reaching stuff on taller store shelves and that didn't bother me. I liked being tall but at the same time I didn't. I was teased when I was younger and and that did bother me, people called me "Bigfoot" and "GodZilla" but the worst one I ever had was "worthless." I had been called a lot but that hurt the most. After I moved schools it got better, my dad became the mayor. People liked me, I was popular. But that never mattered.

Harper snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hello?!"

"Sorry, I was thinking."

"Well are we gonna cook or not?"

"Yeah yeah, I got the bread." I picked the loaf wrapped in plastic up and set it down by the stove. Pulling a pan out and spraying it with cooking spray. I set it on the stove and turned the dial to high. Harper pulled a cooking sheet out and sprayed the same spray I put on my pan. He dropped tater tots onto the sheet and opened the oven, sliding the slick grey metal onto the rack and closing the door.

"You wanna make your sandwich?"

He nodded and picked up two pieces of bread, pulling some shredded cheddar cheese out of the small baggie and sprinkling it on the bread. He slapped the two pieces back together and spread butter across both of them. He dropped the un cooked sandwich into the sizzling pan and I did the same. I watched as the butter browned the sandwiches and a content smile grew on my face.

"So, do you plan on calling Carson?"

"Not today. I just need space away from him. I'm supposed to have my bridal party tomorrow but I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to work if we aren't speaking."

"Well you have to talk to him at some point." He picked the spatula up and flipped our sandwiches to let them cook.

"I know, but right now. Is not some point." I put my pointer finger on my temple and applied a little pressure. Hoping to relieve some pain.

"I get that." He pulled our sandwiches off of the stove and set them down on two separate plates.

I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of fry sauce. When I lived in Colorado I heard about this thing they had in Utah called fry sauce. It was a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup. (If you haven't tried it. Do it now) I set the bottle down next to our plates as he slid the tray out of the oven and set it down on the counter. I stuck the spatula under a group of tater tots and dumped them on my own plate. Leaving the spatula behind for Harper. He picked it up and served his own food.

"Do you want fry sauce?" I picked the bottle up and swung it back and forth in my fingers.

"Never had it." He popped a crispy tater tot into his mouth.

"Okay well then you, are trying it." I picked my full plate up and carried it out to the deck. Sliding the door open before me. Harper trailed along behind me and closed the door. I plopped down in a chair and turned my head to see long legs sit down next to me.

I squirted some fry sauce on his plate and he stared at it for a second before he hesitantly picked up a tot and dipped it, careful not to get too much sauce. As if he thought it was gonna kill him. I rolled my eyes as he dramatically brought the food up to his mouth and closed his eyes, scrunching up his nose and throwing the crispy potato covered in light peachy cream color into his waiting mouth. He closed it and chewed slowly. Before he picked up the pace and a look of awe enveloped his features. He dipped another tot and repeated the same process as before.

"Like it?" I laughed.

"I don't like it." He paused. " I LOVE IT." I love that song.

I laughed slightly before watching him stuff his face with food. Barely able to eat anything from the sickening sight playing out before me.

"What's in this stuff anyway?" He slurred with a full mouth.

"First off. Don't talk with your mouth full and second of all. Horse shit." I held down my laughs.

His mouth fell open and he began to spit his already chewed food out. I gagged and pushed my plate away. "You know I was kidding right? It's ketchup and mayonnaise."

He sighed and began to pick up the bits he spit out. Shrugging and stuffing them back into his mouth."On second thought, I'm not really hungry anymore. You want mine?" I held my plate up at eye level.

"Yes!" He moaned and snatched the white ceramic dish from my hands.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

Okay, you guys. I am officially dead. I didn't really enjoy this chapter, but I am leaving to go somewhere tomorrow and won't be back until Friday. Once again, no internet😐 So, this is my last update until Friday. Hopefully I will be able to think about the whole situation as far as Carson and Valerie goes. Anyway, Harper is like my spirit animal. And before I change my mind about Carson and Val being together and switching it to Harper. I need to think about how to make myself like Carson again. Anyway. Back to the whole dead thing. So the same guy that plays Carson, Frank Rossi posted another picture right and I went to like it and decided. Why don't I comment again? So I commented 'you make my days brighter☀️❤️😍' and went back to attempting to write this chapter. Like the first time I got the notification, my heart stopped. It read itsfrankie as the beginning of the username and I clicked on it before I read the comment. It said 'how is your day going?☺️'  needless to say. I got tingles and just became incredibly happy. I am so amazed that he actually has responded to me, not once but twice!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I love you all. Just I case you might not believe me. I have proof😏

 I have proof😏

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹