0.2

Valerie's P.O.V.

The color of white light beamed through my eyes. They flickered open lightly but not all the way. I saw a silhouette of Carson and James talking in the corner of my room. Their voices were mumbled but I could tell which one was who. James sounded serious as usual but so did Carson, which he never sounded serious.

I listened for a little longer before I could finally hear what they were saying. Their voices didn't raise above a whisper.

"Yeah Carson. She will be fine." James said in a hushed tone.

"I know, but just seeing her in that bed makes me shiver." Carson looked over at me with worried features.

James nodded and walked out of the room, Carson sat down and rested his elbows on his knees, clamping his hands together. I looked over at him and opened my eyes all the way. His hair covered his face so I couldn't see if he was worried or not.

"Carson." I spoke weakly "Can you get me some water?" My voice cracked slightly.

"Of course." He stood up and jogged out of the room looking both ways before taking off in the left direction.

He came back in a couple of minutes and handed me a water with a couple Aspirins. I put the blue pills in my mouth and swallowed them with water. Setting the cup down on the little wooden rollable table by my bed.

"Thanks." I smiled slightly

"Anytime. Does it hurt?" He asked looking down at my swollen ankle that was beginning to turn purple.

"Yeah. Like a bitch. But I will live." I laughed jokingly.

He nodded and returned a small laugh before coughing a little and looking back at me.

"Val, I'm sorry about today." He looked into my eyes with his own sky blue orbs.

"It's okay Carson, it wasn't your fault." I looked back at him.

"I know but I feel bad you got hurt. They closed the lake down and aren't letting anyone swim until they get all the moccasins out of there." He smiled hopefully.

"That's good. But what are we all supposed to do? That is this towns only source of entertainment." I rubbed my temple in hopes to relieve some of the pain from my ankle.

"Yeah. But there are plenty of other things we can do." He winked at me.

My cheeks heated up and my eyes shot down to the pink blanket wrapped tightly around my torso.

Carson chuckled lightly at my embarrassed actions. I looked back up when I saw a few other people walking in.

"Alright Ms.Rosemont. You are being discharged." I heard the doctor say happily.

----
I got home and pulled the crutches out of our white Mini Cooper. Putting all my weight on the metal frames. I slowly walked up to the house with Janie behind me. She steadied me whenever I tipped slightly. When I got inside I was so tired I continuously crashed into the walls of our 3 story house. Once I finally got to my room and collapsed on my bed I fell asleep almost instantly.

~~~~
2 hours later
I woke up as a result of my bed bouncing furiously. My eyes shot open and saw Carson and Janie jumping happily on my king sized bed. I huffed and threw everything in reach at them. They started laughing and jumped on top of me, crushing me in a pile of bodies. I pushed one of them off and punched the other one, not knowing who was who. I heard a groan and a snort as well. I assumed the snort was Janie. Every time she fell asleep or laughed she always let out a small snort at the end. I thought it was cute. I saw a head pop up from the ground and another pop up from the other side of my bed. One was an angry Janie and the other was a stunned Carson.

I looked over at Janie and whispered to her "He has no idea how badly I want to hurl myself at him and kiss the crap out of him." I dreamed lazily.

She laughed and shoved me backwards.

"What??" Carson's voice chipped in suddenly.

"Oh. Nothing." I replied sheepishly.

"Yeah, sure." he rolled his eyes.

I sat up and crawled towards him, Earning surprised looks from both of them. I landed in Carson's lap with a plop. He groaned slightly, I felt a not so greatly hidden stiffness form from under his white shorts. A blush crept up my cheeks. I turned around and laid my head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My back pressed against his chest and he did his best to hide the evident bulge in his pants that continued to grow.

I let out a small laugh that made him look at me.

"What?" He questioned with a unknown smirk.

"You my friend are hard." I looked at Janie who slept peacefully on the floor which for once I was thankful for.

"Oh you-u felt that to-o huh?" He stuttered quietly.

"Don't be embarrassed Carson. It would happen to any guy if a girl sat on his lap." I spoke truthfully

"But you aren't just any girl. Not any girl can do this to me." He pointed down.

I didn't look down because I already knew what he was pointing at.

"Then what am I?" I questioned lightly

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹