0.4

Valerie's P.O.V.
I walked into the living room with teenagers eating their food and grabbed Janie's arm. Tugging her out of the room in one swift movement. She swallowed her food and looked at me.

"Yes?" She asked in a monotone voice.

"Carson just kissed me." I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

Her eyes went wide. Her jaw dropping and forming into a smirk.

"Well!" She asked in a hushed tone.

"It was amazing, but I don't like him that much." I gushed quietly. I felt awful leading him on but there is a chance that feelings could form.

"Why don't you like him! What's not to like!" She said a little more loudly than I would've liked.

"Shut up would you! I said I liked him a little bit but not a lot!" I half yelled at the blond wide eyed girl in front of me.

"Okay but you can't tell him that." She put her hands on my shoulders. I nodded and grabbed her hand, pulling her back out to the living room to finish eating.

We all finished and talked a little more before we sat down for truth or dare.

"Wait guys. Why don't we do this out on the deck?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure that sounds good." Isaac stood up and everyone else followed. We walked out and took our places on the ground on top of a blanket. I felt small goosebumps rise on my skin from the night time cold summer air.

Carson noticed and scooted closer to me, pulling me against his chest. I didn't argue because of his body heat that seemed to radiate off of him and onto me. I instantly warmed up and smiled slightly.

"Okay. Why doesn't James start?" Carson's chest vibrated as he spoke.

"Fine. Dare." He huffed.

"Okay. I dare you to get the attention of someone on their boat and flash them." He chuckled loudly. His whole body seemed to hum at the gesture. Making my body vibrate as well.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes and stood up. Looking around for a boat. He saw one and started waving his arms in the air.

"Hey!!! Over here!!" He yelled loudly as the white boat sped towards the back of my house.

He jumped up on the railing of the deck and pulled his pants down in the front. I noticed he was tan past the line of his shorts.

The girls that were in the boat whistled loudly and clapped their hands. He laughed and pulled his pants back up, sitting back down on the ground next to Janie.

James looked at Jesse and grinned.

"Jess. Truth or dare."

"First off. Don't call me Jess. Second off. Truth." He responds, glaring at James in the process.

"How old were you when you lost your virginity?" He asked with curios eyes.

"I'm still a virgin." He mumbled under his breath. James leaned over to him and patted him on the back. "I'm proud of you. I was 16. And I regret it every time I think about it." He assured his brother. Making him smile smugly.

"Okay. Janie truth or dare?" He asked changing the subject.

"Dare." She spoke coyly.

"I dare you to drink a spoon full of hot sauce." A low laugh erupted from his chest. Janie absolutely hated spicy stuff and every time she ate it she puked it up.

"You are such an ass." She muttered before standing up and going to get the hot sauce. We heard the fridge open and the drawer as well. Then a scream from Janie. We all laughed and I doubled over into Carson's lap. His laugh was hot. Oh my gosh his laugh was hot.

She came back out with her ears practically flaming. She had burning red features and clenched teeth. She sat back down and Isaac rubbed her back.

"Carson truth or dare?" She asked.

"Dare." He accepted.

"I dare you to sit in your underwear for the rest of the game." She smiled through the pain that was evident on her face.

"Well someone's horny." He laughed and stood up. Pulling his shirt over his head and taking his sweatpants off shortly after. His white Calvin Klein's fit tightly on his legs and he didn't have a tan line either. His muscles flexed in his back as he sat back down. Pulling me over by the loops on my pants. And pulling me into his grip. My breath hitched in the back of my throat. He seemed to notice as he rubbed his thumb on the small of my back to calm me down.

"Alright." He looked at me.

"Val, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to at any time. And this doesn't have any meaning at all. I'm serious. I dare you to make a move on me, preferably today. Or tomorrow." He smirked.

"You really do want to get into my pants don't you?" I asked him seriously.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "No Val. That's not all I want." He looked into my eyes and I found small hints of sadness in his own.

"Guys!" Isaac waved his hands in our faces to regain our attention.

"Sorry Isaac. Truth or dare?" I asked. Trying to ignore the fact that Carson hand his hand on my thigh.

"Took you guys long enough. Dare." He shook his head in an annoyed manner.

"Don't you shake your head at me. I'm about to give you the best dare of your life. Go have sex with Janie." I felt Carson's hand squeeze my thigh.

"What?" They both said at the same time.

"I'm serious. We all know you want to. So go." I stood up and pushed them inside the house.

They loitered there for a minute before he looked down and picked her hand up in his own. She looked up at him and he questioned her without saying anything. She nodded and they turned around, walking towards the guest bedroom.

"Well. What do you guys want to do now?" Jesse asked.

"We could. Swim. Sit in the hot tub. Play sports. Light the fire and play a board game or something." I suggested openly.

"Why don't we light the fire. Roast some hotdogs. Play a board game then sit in the hot tub." James spoke lowly. We all agreed and stood up.

Carson put his pants on and kept his shirt off which I was happy about.

He lit the fire pit and went inside to grab the hotdogs and skewers. He came running back out and closed the door with a slam. I gave him a questioning look.

"I never thought I would hear my brother and your best friend moaning that much." He shook his head. I laughed and walked over to grab the hotdogs from his hands and take them over to the fire pit.

James and Jesse picked the game out; monopoly. And waited until we all finished eating to set it up.

"I call the dog!!" I screamed over everyone and grabbed the silver piece. Jesse laughed and grabbed the top hat. Carson taking the cat, and James taking the car.

"Of course you would pick the cat." I mumbled to Carson and he leaned over and whispered in my ear "I pick good cats too." His voice was raspy and sent shivers down my spine.

We started to play when Isaac and Janie walked out of the house hand in hand.

"Awe how cute!" James said, sarcasm laced in his words.

"Shut up." Isaac growled back at him. He threw his hands up in surrender and looked back at the game board.

"I'm getting bored. I have a better idea than sitting in the hot tub." Jesse's face turned into a giant grin.

"What?" Janie and I ask in unison.

"Let's skinny dip. At a closed pool."

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹