0.3

Valerie's P.O.V.
1 month after bite

My ankle started to feel better a long time after it healed. I couldn't walk on it up until last week. Carson was always around to help me when I needed it and so was Janie.

"Hey Carson?" I yelled down the hallway.

"What's up baby girl?" He asked in a serious tone.

He adopted the nicknames a little over 2 weeks ago. My least favorite one was sweet cheeks but I didn't tell him that.

"Have you seen my phone charger?" I searched through a drawer in my bedroom anxiously.

"Right here." He smiled handing me the white cord.

"You are my savior." I held it in my hand as if it was a new born baby.

He let out a small chuckle before disappearing into the guest bedroom. He had stayed here with me every night to make sure I didn't need anything. The more he was around the more I got used to him. Sometimes we went over to his house and hung out there but we never slept over there. I slept over at Janie's every Thursday which was tomorrow. My mom was always home and checked on us often. My dad was the mayor of the town so he was often gone. Carson's dad worked alongside mine and our mothers were very fond of us being around each other.

I didn't actually officially meet Carson until my 13th birthday when I crashed my bike in the middle of the road and a car turned down my street. He ran out and picked me up, carrying me to the grass before he pulled my bike out of the way. He smiled at his 'bravery' and said I owed him and favor. He hasn't brought it up since but knowing him he never forgot about it.

I plugged my phone in and walked out of my room to Carson's room. I opened the door and my eyes went wide. He stood there in his white Calvin Klein underwear. He turned around and looked at me.

"Did you need something?" He questioned while pulling a sweatshirt over his shoulders.

"Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted to order Chinese and watch a movie?" I asked. Not totally controlling my eyesight. He slid a pair of sweat pants on and nodded before ruffling with his hair and walking towards me.

"Sounds good. You want the usual?" He asked while pulling his phone out. A picture of us together when we first met popped up as his screen saver.

"Yeah." I smiled slightly before heading down the stairs to pick a movie.

I heard his voice trailing behind me from upstairs. My eyes skimmed over the choices of my Netflix account before stopping on "Amber Alert" my favorite movie. I clicked on it and waited for Carson before I pressed play. He came down stairs with a blanket in his hands and a pair of socks in the other. He tossed the socks to me and I great fully accepted by pulling the light pink fabric over my feet.

I felt the couch dip and a blanket be thrown over me. I scooted closer to Carson and sat in between his legs. I pulled the blanket around us and snuggled my head against his arm. He nestled his head in the crook of my neck and I felt his heart beat against my back.

"Amber alert?" He asked looking up at the T.V. Screen with a wide grin.

"You know me so well." I ruffled his hair and pressed play.

He watched intently as the screen changed rapidly. His eyes zooming back and forth between the different characters.

"We should play a game." I interrupted already knowing what was going to happen next.

"Why now?" Carson whined.

"Awe poor baby." I cooed while pinching his cheek.

"Shit." I heard him cuss under his breath.

"Wha-" I was cut off by a feeling I hadn't felt for a month.

"I'm sorry. I can't exactly control it, it's just. Whenever you touch me." He looked down in embarrassment. His cheeks a rosy pink.

"How do you know I'm not feeling the same thing? You can't see it." I turned his head towards me.

"Well are you?" He asked as he searched my eyes intently for any sign of a yes. Finding nothing.

"I don't know how to explain I-" I got cut off by the door bell.

His sighed and I stood up, running to open the door for our food. I was surprised when I saw Janie, Isaac, James, and Jesse standing in the doorway with Chinese food in their hands. They all showed smiles and glistening eyes.

I invited them in and closed the door. Carson looked kind of disappointed at the interruption.

"We are going to eat and play truth or dare." Isaac spoke roughly.

We all nodded and sat down taking our food of choice.

I ate quickly and not saying much in the process. Carson wouldn't look at me at all. I stood up and grabbed him by the sweatshirt pulling him behind me. No one seemed to notice as I pulled him around the corner.

"What the hell?" He hissed.

"Carson. Seriously just stop. I don't get yo-" he cut me off by pushing me against the wall. He kissed me as if his life depended on it. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my stomach against his. I curled my fingers in his hair and felt his body shift so he was holding me up. He pulled away leaning his head against mine.

"You have no idea. How long I have waited to do that." He said in between breathes.

I looked in his eyes and studied him for any sign of lying but I came up empty handed. I didn't really want to ruin the moment by telling him I only liked him a little. So I avoided that and said something that was 100% true instead.

"I will give you this Lawson. You are a hell of a good kisser." I pecked his lips and walked away.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹