1.9

Valerie's P.O.V.

I locked my eyes with his and glared at him. He didn't expect it either because he slumped back against his seat. I smirked in achievement and James smiled at me.

"Good for you Val." He nodded to me.

"Thanks, that felt good." I laughed.

"I bet. I would've kicked him in the balls by now though.." He joined in on the laughter.

"No! I will not kick him in the balls. I actually want to have kids when I get older." I blushed.

"Wait. What?" He gave me a confused look.

"Nothing." I blushed again. The ride came to a stop and we unbuckled our belts and stood up.

"Valerie. This conversation is not over." He whispered to me before walking away. When Carson whispered to me I always got shivers. I guess that means he is the right Lawson boy for me.

"So. What's next?" I questioned everyone.

"We are going to go over to Goofy." Isaac said without looking at me.

"Alrighty." I smiled at him and walked up to Janie.

"Hello friend." She smiled at me.

"Hello friend." I repeated her same gesture.

"Are you excited to go on goofy?" She asked me with the biggest grin.

"Yes I am excited to go on goofy." I laughed at her expression.

"Good, obviously so am I." We walked into the gates of the roller coaster and went up the ramp. The same people from tower of terror were in the line for goofy. A group of 2 and a group of 3. The lady walked over to us "do we have anyone in a group of 2?" She looked at everyone.

"Well there are 6 of us altogether so you would have to split us up anyway. Can we do three in 2 cars?" Jesse asked.

"Yes, that's fine." She walked away.

We got to the front of the line and our cart pulled around. Jesse, Isaac and James got into the first one and as soon as the second one pulled around. Realization hit me, I have to sit with Carson. Janie ran to get into the back and sat on the edge so I couldn't get in.

"Janie. Please don't make me sit in the front." I whispered to her.

"I'm not moving. You are sitting in the front with your boyfriend." She said without blinking.

I cringed at the word boyfriend and looked at Carson who had just sat down. I sat next to him without looking at him and pulled my bar down. This ride was extremely jerky so every corner you go around. You pretty much crash into the person next to you.

We got to the top of the ride and everyone started laughing. Including my boyfriend which as I have said before has the sexiest laugh. But just as we were coming around the last corner my arm bumped his and he pulled away from me.

"Don't touch me." He glared at me.

My eyes burned with anger."You know what stupid. This is a ride where you kind of have to touch the person next to you. I tried to sit next to Janie and she wouldn't let me. Believe me, I didn't want to sit by you. Let alone touch you." I spat at him.

His jaw dropped at my remark. Clearly he doesn't know how rude I can be. I got out of my seat and grabbed Janie by the arm, pulling her off to the side. "You are never going to do that to me again." I spoke in a serious tone. She nodded her head and gave me an apologetic look.

"Okay, we are heading to the swings now." James looked back at me.

I ran up to him ahead of everyone else and stopped him. "I really need a hug." Tears formed in my eyes.

He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. "What did he do to you Val." He asked the air. Not talking to me or anyone really.

I cried on his shoulder to the point where it was so bad I couldn't breath. Have you ever cried that hard? Yeah well it really sucks. James picked me up bridal style and carried me over to the nearest bench. Waving Janie, Isaac and Jesse over.

"Okay. This has to end now. I can't stand him doing this to her, what did he say to her on that ride?" James looked at Janie.

"He um, he told her not to touch him when she bumped his arm on the last turn." Janie flicked her eyes to the ground.

James's face filled with anger. "HE WHAT?! SHE CAN'T HELP THAT!!" His voice boomed throughout the empty area. "I am going to kill that son of a bitch." He looked over at Carson who was on his phone. "What did she do to deserve this?! Seriously. She is the sweetest person. Carson has to be blind to not notice that." His voice softened.

James stood up and walked over to Carson. Ripping his phone out of his hand.

"Hey! What was that for." I heard Carson yell at James.

"Because you're a douchebag. Do you love Valerie?" James asked him seriously.

"I don't know." Carson replied.

"Do you love Valerie!" James repeated the question but louder.

"Yes okay." Carson looked down.

"Then what seems to be the problem?! You have made her cry already and it's only 6:30." James glared at him.

"Have you guys thought that maybe I am hurting too? Not just her. I have feelings too and James." He pulled him farther away so we couldn't hear what they were saying. But whatever it was James hugged Carson so. He walked back over to us and grabbed me by the hand. Standing me up.

"Val can you come here?" Carson's voice broke the silence.

I walked over to him cautiously. "What?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"I'm sorry about what I said on goofy." He looked into my eyes.

"I would say it's fine. But it's not." I shot back at him.

"I know it's not." He said as if I was stupid.

"I'm not going to stand here and let you be a jerk Carson. That's not why I c-" he cut me off and hugged me. I needed him to hug me too. As soon as he did my arms wrapped around him as instinct. He laid his head on top of mine "I'm so sorry kitten." Once again I started crying. He held me even tighter as a result.

"I just don't understand why you would do that to me" I whispered.

"It hurt. When you said you wouldn't marry me and you wouldn't take it back." He looked me in the eyes.

"But I didn't mean it. You should've known that." I wiped away my tears.

"I'm stupid okay and sometimes I don't know." He laughed lightly.

"Damn I want to kiss you." I thought to myself. "Wait. Did I just say that out loud?" I closed my eyes and scrunched my nose.

"Yes you did Kitten." Carson titled my chin up so he could see me.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Don't be." He leaned down and kissed me. Sparks seemed to fly all around us. My heart beat sped up. My body quivered. This is what he does to me. Or maybe I just need help. Either way. Damn him.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹