3.5

Valerie's P.O.V.

The next few words that left his pink lips made me ecstatic. I felt like I was floating on clouds. His smile beamed at me and that in itself was enough to make me want to smile back.

"Hold on." I ran into the bathroom and he followed me in just in case. I picked up my toothbrush and he laughed. After I finished brushing my teeth I turned around and flung myself at him. He stumbled backwards and made a few steps before he toppled onto my bed. I jumped on top of him and he gripped my waist mid air. His breathing made his chest rise up and down very quickly.

"I want a kiss." I whined.

"Patience Kitten." He lowered me down very slowly to taunt me. I squirmed in his arms as he finally laid me down on his chest. I leaned down and placed my lips to his. Little tingles erupted as he placed the tips of his fingers on my cheeks. I don't understand how we can only go one day without talking, but it feels like forever.

"How did you get to be such a good kisser?"

"Well. I practiced on my pillow when I was little." He winked at me.

I stifled a laugh and he turned me over very slowly so I was laying under him.

"I like the pajamas." He whispered in my ear.

"Hey me too." I smiled back at him.

"Go to sleep kitty, I know you're tired." He smirked against my skin. Making me blush.

"Shut up." I mumbled. Trying not to smile.

"Come on just sleep." He kissed right behind my ear making my eyes close and my heart flutter. I rolled over and looked at him. He smiled a genuine smile at me. It didn't overwhelm me, it made me feel comfortable and safe. It was a lip smile, which means he didn't show any of his white teeth but it didn't matter.

"I love you." I flicked my eyes back and forth between his eyes and smile.

"I love you too. But. Go to sleep." He pressed a kiss to my forehead and I obeyed. I closed my eyes and instantly clenched his shirt in my hands. He chuckled quietly and hugged me close to him. The smell of him; meaning cinnamon filled my nose and made me even more tired. I grumbled lightly as I buried my head into his chest and darkness enveloped me. I felt his body tear away from mine reluctantly and I opened my eyes a crack to see him exiting the room.

"Carson, stay with me please." I groaned in frustration.

"I will be back, I promise. I just have to do something really quick."

"Fine but if you aren't back in 10 minutes I'm coming to find you." I yawned.

He laughed and shook his head before he kept walking.

10 minutes feels like 46 years. Where the hell is he. Right as I thought that, my bedroom door opened and a little ray of light hit me right in the eyes. I hissed like Edward Cullin and rolled over. A low raspy laugh filled my ears and the door closed with the voice on the same side as me. Quiet footsteps sounded closer to my bed before a dip formed and I rolled back wards into warm bare arms. I placed my hands on Carson's clothed chest and inhaled deeply before I closed my eyes again and this time, wrapped my arms so tightly around his waist that if he tried to leave, I was coming with him. He exhaled and a minty touch hit my skin. Making it cold but hot at the same time.

"Goodnight Carson." I said in a whisper.

"Goodnight Valerie." He whispered back.

"God don't call me that. It makes me sound old."