3.8

Valerie's New Hair Color and Hair length
Valerie's P.O.V.

"Okay let me go grab your dye really quick, I will be back."

"Kay." I picked my water bottle up and untwisted the cap to take a sip.

Marsy walked back in with her hands full and set the bottles and color down on the table in front of me. (Idk a lot about hair dye stuff so let's just pretend I do)

*******
"Okay now let's just go wash your hair, and I will be ready to cut it."

I stood up and she set me down in the same chair with the sink, she took the tinfoil out of my hair and began to wash it. The soap poured down the drain as she scrubbed at my newly died roots. "Let's move to the chair now so I can blow dry your hair and cut it." I nodded and she dried my hair slightly with a navy blue towel to move me to the stylist chair. She pulled a black blow dryer with pink stripes on it. Warm air began to hit my face as my hair blew in every direction in an attempt to dry. She set it down and brushed my hair out so she could cut it.

"Hey could you spin me around so I can't see how it turns out and then I want you to crimp it after wards."

"Yeah sure." She turned my chair so I was facing her instead of the mirror.

She began to chop large pieces of my hair off and I watched them fall to the ground, a look of subtle terror crossed over my features, I have never cut my hair. Not since I was a little girl, it grows incredibly slow. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as she continued to clip my hair. I felt a crimper glide through my hair and stop to hold a piece. I was wondering why she wasn't crimping my hair farther down but then I realized I cut my hair off. She switched pieces and held the crimper.

5 minutes later

I opened my eyes as Marsy dusted my shoulders off and fluffed my hair. She turned my chair around as I looked up into the mirror and almost didn't recognize myself. My hands shot up slowly to feel my now bare shoulders. A small smile grew on my face slowly as I grew to like my new hair cut. I stood up and shook my hair back and forth to feel the new light weight.

"I love it already."

"But will Carson? I mean there won't be much for him to pull on while you're having ahem.."

"Oh my gosh Marsy!!" My face went beat red.

"Sorry, I'm just saying." She hid her smirk as she walked me to the counter so I could pay. "Okay that will be 108$ even."

"Wow, that never happens." I dug into my wallet to pull out a hundred dollar bill and a ten dollar bill as well. I handed them to her and she accepted them with a smile. She handed me two dollars back and I stuffed them into my wallet.

"Bye Marsy! I'll see you soon." I waved to her as I walked out the door.

"Bye!!"

I walked out to my car and climbed in, I slid my sunglasses on my face and closed my car door with a smile. The radio turned on immediately with the turn of my key and I backed out. I sped down the road with my hair flying back, not in my face for once.

20 minutes after Val left from the salon.

I turned my car off and made sure I looked okay before I opened my car door to go inside. My feet carried me up the steps and into my house. The smell of laundry soap and scented candles filled my nose as I closed the door behind me.

"I'm home!!"

"Val?.." Carson peered out into the doorway.

"Hi." I smiled at him.

"You- you cut your-" he pointed at my hair. His jaw dropped as he stepped closer to me to run his fingers through my hair, as if he was trying to find out if it was really gone.

"Do you like it?" I pursed my lips.

"I-I love it." His fingers curled around my newly cut and dyed hair.

I sighed in relief and looked up at him to make eye contact. He smiled down at me and tucked my hair behind both ears. He cupped my face in his hands and leaned down to place a soft kiss on my lips. I placed my hands on his chest as he picked me up, he held me by my thighs and carried me up the stairs slowly. He pushed my bedroom door open with his foot and closed it the same way. Pressing me against the soft folds of my blankets. He backed away from my body when he heard a groan from the next room.

"Wait, are Harper and Robin still here?" I spoke up.

"I don't think so but I never saw them leave so I'm not sure." I sat up and propped myself up on my elbows.

"Let me go check." He walked out of the room cautiously, only to pop back in seconds later. "Yeah, Robin is in there groaning on and on about how she drank too much and as far as I can tell Harper is still asleep."

"Well, since they are still here. We could talk about the wedding?" I glanced down at my still ring less finger.

"Oh yeah!" He pulled a small box out of his pocket and opened it to slide the ring back on my finger. A contempt smile grew across my face as I felt the slick silver glide over my skin.

"So what day did you have in mind, and where?"

"I was thinking we could have the wedding in a week or two weeks? And as far as the place goes, I know exactly where we could go." A smirk covered his lips.

"What did you have in mind? And where are we going on our honey moon?"

"For the honey moon, I want to go somewhere in the woods with a natural hot spring. But we could have the wedding up in the Forrest by here, the one that looks like fairies and stuff live in it. We could put lights up and have log benches and just a natural thing."

"I like that, I like that a lot. Now we just need to figure out what specific day, and you! Need to have a bachelors party." I smiled devilishly.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

Okay I have no excuse as to why I didn't update, I had an AMAZING weekend and when it was over I was kind of just sad and very tired so I didn't have anything to write. I hope this chapter is good enough, I have a mini type of writers block but I will try and update more often. They will be getting married soon, and they will both have parties! Plus Val still has to go dress and lingerie shopping😁 I have a picture in my head of how I want the wedding so be ready for that!! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Bye!

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹