4.2

Valerie's P.O.V.

I looked out at the cold but calm waters and sucked in a breathe. We were the only house in this area other than the Lawson's so we pretty much had our own little cove. Boats very rarely ventured into our backyards which I was grateful for. I usually just come out here when I need to think. Or when I'm mad. But right now I'm not mad, and I don't need to think. I'm happy, and thinking. A small smile formed on my face as I watched Harper engulf the plate of tater tots. Paying no mind to the grilled cheese. He ate his and left mine untouched. I rolled my eyes and stood up, he looked at me with curious eyes and stuffed mouth.

"Where are you going?" He swallowed.

"I have to change my tampon." My mouth transformed into a thin line.

"Oh." His mouth paused. As if he was going to say some thing else but didn't have the courage.

"What?"

"Does it um, does it hurt when you have to take it out and put a new one in?" His hands connected and he looked down.

"It depends on if it's full or not. And seeing as how I haven't changed mine since about 8:30 this morning and it's 5. It's been 9 hours and 30 minutes. I need to change it. Before I get TSS."

He nodded and I walked back inside to grab a tampon. I raced up the stairs and ran around the corner and into my room. Opening my drawer and pulling out a small blue package. I carried it into the bathroom and did my thing.

I threw the wrapper away and scrubbed at my hands. Before I wiped them off on my towel and jogged back down the stairs and outside. Harper had his hands placed on the railing of the deck spread apart by his body, and his body was pressing against the wood. He stared off at the peaceful water and trees with slight wind blowing. I shivered and closed the door behind me. Cutting off the warmth that previously surrounded my body. I walked up behind Harper and brushed against his arm. Wrapping my hands around it. Tracing my fingers up and down the veins. He looked down at me and a small small replaced his blank face.

"It's pretty this time of night." I looked up at the sky.

"Yeah." He nodded and turned his head up to face the sky as well.

"Do you want to get in the hot tub?" I laid my head on his arm.

"Can you with your...." He stopped himself again.

Baby.

"Period Harper. Period. It's not a bad word."

"Can you get in the hot tub while you are on your period?" He mumbled the last word. Atleast he said it.

"Yes. That's what tampons are for." I laughed. He smiled a crooked smile and chuckled. "You know what's insane?"

"What?" He looked down at me.

"That we met yesterday."

He paused and thought silently for a second. Before his eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

"I didn't even realize that. It feels like we've known eachother forever."

"I know right!! I'm gonna go get in my swimsuit. You can just put your legs in if you want. Since you don't have a swimsuit."

"I have a pair of shorts in my car."

I nodded and he walked in the house before me. I closed the sliding door and sighed before I paused.

"What did I come in here for again?" I stood still and squinted. Trying to remember. "Oh yeah!!"

I walked to the stairs and made the journey into my bedroom again before I pulled a black one piece swimsuit out with a pair of light yellow shorts. Pulling my clothes off my body and tossing them into the hamper. I pulled the slick material over my tan skin and tied the shorts around my waist. I made sure my hair was out of the way and walked out of room to get a towel.

I heard the front door close and saw Harper walking through the house in his shorts. Already shirtless. Figures. I jumped down the stairs and landed at the bottom with a smile. Skipping over to the door before Harper closed it. I squeezed through the crack and finished closing the door. We are gonna have 4,000,000 flies in our house by the end of the night. Harper walked over to the hot tub and pushed the top open. Folding it back, as steam rose off the top. His back flexed as he pushed his body onto the side of the hot tub and plopped into the water. Even though there were stairs right there. I set my towel down and the extra one I had grabbed for Harper and took the easy way. Climbing the steps and setting my feet in the warm steamy water. Harper walked to the other side of the large hot tub and placed his hands how he had them on the deck. His shorts draped his waist loosely. I'm positive he didn't tie the strings. I licked my lips and swam over to him, floating up next to him. He looked down at me and his arm muscles contracted. The tattoos that lined his skin popped in the dim light, making them almost impossible not to touch. Sure enough the strings on his shorts weren't tied, the V on his lower abdomen was very visible. I probably should've just asked him to tie them but that's too simple. I want to make him squirm, I smirked and reached down. Hooking my fingers on his shorts. He looked down at my hands and stopped breathing, I pulled his shorts up and tied the white strings tightly. Pulling my hands away.

"Did you change in my front yard?"

"Yeah."

"You took your shirt and pants off in my front yard?"

"Don't forget underwear!" He chipped in.

I put my palms on my face and shook my head.

"Don't worry. If anyone saw, I bet they liked the show." He winked at me.

Side note: make sure to hit him with a spoon later.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

So I actually wrote this without internet so you guys won't see this until Friday! But, don't worry about Harper and Val. They are strictly friends. It's crazy that they met a day ago right?! They met in chapter 2.9 and this is 4.3. A day has passed in all these chapters. Well two technically. But I like to stretch stuff out to make the story longer. I didn't want it to end right away. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and ily all❤️ Sorry it's kinda short. And by the way, since I didn't have anything better to do I was going over some other chapters and noticed a few mistakes. I fixed them but wasn't able to publish again, without Internet so sorry if you wanted to re-read those.

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹