2.7

Valerie's P.O.V.

The only thing I can think right now is ways to kill him. Maybe I will strangle him or push him down the stairs. How could he not to tell me he had a kid?! Out of all the things he could hide of course this had to be one of them.

"Explain yourself! You have literally one minute. Or I'm leaving." I folded my arms across my chest and glared at him.

"Valerie I swear he's not mine! I didn't have sex with her a year ago! Please you can't believe her." He looked at me like a lost puppy.

"How am I not going to believe her? He has your eyes and your." My voice started to crack from the tears in my eyes. "He has your skin tone and your facial structure Carson. I need to go." I broke into tears. I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. I pulled a bag out and started to pack clothes and other items I use in every day life. I was zipping my bag up when I saw a Shiny glint in my eyes. I looked at my hand and saw a beautiful engagement ring on my finger. I started to tear up again and I grabbed my bag from my bed and opened my bedroom door, I lifted my bag up and carried it down the stairs. I saw Carson sitting in the kitchen with his hands covering his face. I set my stuff down and walked into the kitchen. He looked up at me and ruffed his hair back with his hand. I looked down at my hand again and played with the diamond ring. I slid it off my finger and opened his hand. Placing it in his palm and closing his hand back up. I stepped closer to him and leaned down to his forehead. I placed a small kiss on his skin and closed my eyes. A tear fell onto his cheek and I heard him sniffle.

"Kitty please don't leave me." His voice cracked and his eyes turned light red from the tears that he wouldn't let fall. I had to try so hard right now not to just hug him but he has a lot to explain to me and I can't stay with him if he is just as confused as me. We both need our space apart and he needs to figure out what he is going to do about Luke and James. I walked out of the kitchen without saying a word and grabbed my bag. It occurred to me as to why I was leaving my own house but I just need to stay at Janie's right now. I brushed the tears that were falling furiously on my cheeks. I ran inside Janie's house and put my stuff in her room before going to her parents room. I needed to at least talk to someone right now. Preferably her mom.

I knocked on the brown oak door and heard a light 'come in'

I opened the door and saw Amy, Janie's mom sitting on her bed reading a book, she saw me and set it down and smiled until she saw my tear stained face. I hiccuped.

"Awe Valerie what happened to you??" She stood up and pulled me into a hug. I squeezed her and cried on her shoulder.

"Carson has a son." I hiccuped again.

"HE WHAT?!" She screamed.

"He had a kid with his ex girlfriend and never told me." I tried to catch my breath.

"I can't believe he would do that to you. I'm so sorry Val, you know you are welcome here any time you need to be. Janie will be home soon and you can stay in her room. You are welcome to anything in this house, you are like my second daughter really." She smiled lightly at me.

"Do you have any advice for me? Because he just proposed too." I started to sniffle at the memory.

"Well that makes it a lot harder. I wouldn't talk to him for a while, I would take a break from him and kind of think. He needs to figure out what he's going to do about his kid because that's a big change. He will text you when he's ready Val. But I don't see a ring on your finger." She lifted my hand and examined it.

"I gave it back for now. It's just a reminder that I can't run home and hug him." I wiped a stray tear away

"I think that was a good idea." She smiled at me.

"I hope so, I hope he doesn't get mad that I gave it back to him though. I'm worried he won't want to marry me anymore." That thought truly did terrify me.

"If he doesn't want to marry you after this then he doesn't deserve you." She said truthfully.

"I know but I love him so much Amy, it hurts when we get into fights and I feel like a lost puppy without him. He is there for everything and he makes me smile when there isn't anything to smile about. If I don't marry him, I don't know what I'm going to do." I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Something tells me this situation will work out for the best. If it doesn't I will always be here and so will Janie." She assured me.

"I hope it does. I also should tell you something about Janie and Isaac." I puckered my lips.

"What is it?" She asked in a concerned tone.

"Isaac told me when we were about to go on a roller coaster yesterday that he is going to propose to Janie soon, he said not to tell her because she doesn't know yet. Did you know?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No! Oh my goodness! That's amazing, I won't tell her father yet. Although Isaac might've already told him when he asked for his blessing. I will ask him about it later tonight. Have you talked to Janie?" She popped her knuckles.

"Yeah I talked to her on the phone about an hour ago. I told her to try and convince the boys to come home so I could tell them about the engagement. I haven't heard since but I'm sure she will call me whe-." I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

I pulled it out of my pocket. "Speak of the devil." I answered and was met by sirens and screams of people.

"Janie?! Are you okay?!" I put the phone on speaker.

"Yeah I'm fine but Val. There been an accident. I told the boys we needed to come home and they all said okay. We were walking to the uber when some drunk guy texting someone pulled into the lot without looking. He hit James and Jesse. Jesse has a broken leg and a concussion. But James isn't doing so good. He is unconscious. They think he might have broken his back on top of that he has 6 broken ribs, a collapsed lung, a broken arm and his left ankle is shattered. We don't know if he's okay and all I can think is. He wanted to get home to see you."

Oh my god this is my fault.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹