5.0 (unfinished)

Valerie's P.O.V.

As soon as I walked in my bedroom and my feet touched the carpet I knew I was done for. I limped slowly towards my bed and collapsed on it. Feeling myself slump down against the floor. Carson picked me up and laid me down on top of the bed, resting my head on my pillow.

I took in the familiar scent of home and relaxed, smiling to myself. I heard the bedroom door close and I knew I was alone, which made me a little nervous. I pushed that aside and closed my eyes, stretching my back as I found a comfortable spot.

I fell asleep, in my own bed, with my own pillows, in my own house. For a while I didn't dream, I just slept. Comfortably and happily. But then I started dreaming, or should I say having a nightmare. I felt like I was underwater again, only this time I was fighting to come up to the surface but it felt like someone was holding me down. I started panicking as my hands gripped the sides of the bathtub but they kept slipping off. I screamed underwater but only bubbles rose up to the surface.

Darkness tried to take over my eyes, but I fought to keep them open.

"Carson!" I shrieked. Still asleep, yet I managed to yell for him.

"CARSON!" I screamed, my voice breaking slightly.

The bedroom door swung open, smashing against the wall. I'm sure it left a hole.

"Val, Val, hey. It's me, it's okay baby." Carson touched my cheek, his thumb soothed my screams to a minimum. My eyes opened and I shot up, hyperventilating as I looked around. I felt my neck to make sure I wasn't choking, but I still wasn't convinced. Carson pulled me into his arms, and tucked my hair behind my ear. Looking into my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me intently.

I nodded and buried my head in the crook of his neck.

"I only left because my mom called me to talk about James." He stroked my back.

"What did she say?" I said softly.

"He's awake." He said, and I could tell he was smiling.

I sat up from my spot in his lap and looked at him, my eyes beaming. My heart jumped out of my chest as I smiled.

"We have to go see him." I began to climb off the bed, and search for my shoes.

"Uh Val."

I ran into the bathroom and pulled my toothbrush into my hands, searching frantically for the toothpaste.

"Val."

I found the toothpaste and spread it on my toothbrush, shoving it in my mouth.

"Val!" Carson shook my shoulder.

"What!" I looked at him with a mouth full of toothpaste.

"You have pajama pants on." He pointed to the polka dot printed cloth.

"I knew that." I turned around and looked down.