4.5

Valerie's P.O.V.

That won't work, he has to remember me, he has to remember us.

I stayed clam despite my insides tearing in half due to the fact that James might not remember me, or anything for that matter.

I sighed and placed my hand on my temple, pressing lightly on the pulsing vein. Jesse looked intently at me and his eyes flickered back and forth between my eyes and James's still unconscious body.

"I think I'm gonna go, I'll talk to you later Jess." I shuffled over to his bedside and kissed his forehead before doing the same to James and exiting the large white room. I closed the door behind me and slouched back against it. Trying to contain my tears with heavy breaths, although I will admit it didn't really work.

Standing up, my legs wobbling slightly but eventually steadying. I made my way to the elevator and stepped inside. Remembering how the last time I was leaving this hospital I met Harper. The doors opened at the bottom of the hospital and I walked into the bustling lobby. Freezing for a second before I shook myself out of my thoughts and continued to walk to the automatic opening doors. They parted as my weight touched the floor mat and I glided past them and found my car. Pushing the unlock button and hearing a small 'beep'

Once I slid onto the cool leather seats of my car and closed the door, I was surrounded by silence. Which I usually would've liked but now I could be alone with my thoughts and that, I did not like.

Trying to busy myself I turned my car on and got onto my phone to find one of my favorite playlists that I had built up over the year. A song I hadn't heard in a while started up and I didn't hum or tap my thumbs along to it, I just listened and tried to figure out if it related to my life in any way, and when I realized that it didn't, I started wondering what it would be like to be the person singing the song. With no worry or no problems. But then I also thought that they might have something of their own to worry about.

I wonder if singers and pop stars have problems like normal people do, but they wouldn't have many I can only imagine. They don't have to worry about money, there's plenty of that. They can provide for their families. They are usually gorgeous. No matter what, they will always have people by their side. But most importantly, they don't have to worry about being bored because there are always opportunities for them. But normal people, we aren't always as lucky.

As I drove slowly down the road, a couple cars sped past me. I rolled my eyes as one guy that looked like he was old enough to be my great great great great, okay you get the point. My great x4 grandpa, flipped me the finger and I gladly returned the lovely gesture.

Once I finally pulled into my driveway I sat in my still car for a minute and thought about what I needed to do today and tomorrow and the rest of the week,  a little overwhelming but I signed up for it.

So today I need to start making a guest list and look for decor for the actual wedding. Good thing it's only 11. I glanced at my dash board clock and sucked in a mouthful of air before I climbed out of my car and walked up the long driveway before jumping up the stairs and swiftly opening the front door to the house, entering, and closing the door behind me. Slipping my shoes off and throwing my keys into my purse which was hung up on the hooks. I saw that my parents weren't in the kitchen and I figured they went out to brunch.

I drug my feet up the slick wooden stairs and groaned when I reached the top of the third flight. Yes I know I have been a little all over the place about what floor my room is on. The kitchen is on the first floor with the living room and there is a bathroom as well. The second floor is the movie room and the game room, with another bathroom and there is a library too. The third floor has my room and my parents bedroom, with two bathrooms and a balcony at the top of the stairs, the guest room is next to mine and my parents is across from the guest bedroom.