4.9

Valerie's P.O.V.

"Carson?" I spoke so quietly, I didn't even recognize my own voice.

From what everyone had said, it has been a week since the surgery but I just woke up. His eyes shot open from their once previous resting stance and he stood up, running over to the side of my bed. The red streaks on his cheeks showed that he had definitely been crying. I tried to move my hand to touch his arm, but it shook so bad that I had to set it back down. I felt so defeated because I couldn't do such a simple gesture.

"Hey, it's okay. You just woke up." He lifted my hand up so effortlessly and kissed it.

"I'm so lucky to have you Carson. I'm so sorry I put you through all of this." I broke down in tears, I really needed to cry right now. It burned the back of my throat as the hot tears dripped down my cheeks.

"Please don't cry." He wiped the tears from my face. Then hesitantly he leaned in, almost in a nervous way. It was like the first kiss we never had. He definitely wasn't nervous the first time we kissed, but now he is. I reassured him by nodding and leaning up so our lips were level. "God, I missed you so much." And with that he kissed me. He was so gentle and soft, it felt like I was kissing cotton candy. I inched my fingers towards his shirt and gripped it. Climbing up his chest slowly. Once I finally reached his neck. I gripped his hair in my hand and curled my fingers in it. Missing the soft texture I hadn't felt in what seemed like forever. He cupped my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine with a little more pressure than before. I slid my hands out of his hair and down his back, scratching my nails along his skin slowly. I felt him shiver and little goosebumps formed on his arms.

He seemed so vulnerable right now, like the littlest thing could hurt him.

"You are so beautiful." He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

I smiled and looked down.

"You don't remember, do you?" He sounded genuinely worried.

"Remember what?" I looked up and bit my lip.

"Why you did this to yourself."

I shook my head no and blinked sadly.

He hesitated before speaking. "You never liked the way you looked. You always thought you were fat and no matter how hard you tried to change, it was never good enough. So you tried to drown yourself and almost-" his voice broke and he started crying. Not just a light cry, he let everything out. His nose started to turn red and his back kind of gave out. He struggled to breathe as he used his arm to stabilize himself. He breathed frantically and his chest heaved up and down. Like it might collapse.

"Carson, listen to me. I'm not going anywhere, calm down. I love you and I would never intentionally hurt you. I don't feel like that anymore. I am happy. Can we please go home?"

He nodded and kissed me one more time, lingering for a second. Before he stood up and walked out of the room.

A nurse walked back in around 10 minutes later and checked everything to make sure I really was fine and she told me to wait a moment so she could get the doctor.

--------

"Alright Valerie. I guess you are free to go home. I want you to know that if you have any more problems, Carson is going to call me right away." The doctor looked at me sternly.

I nodded and the nurse began to gather my stuff and help me up.

At first when I stood up, I almost tipped over. But I gained my balance and took one step at a time. Falling into Carson's arms, I looked into his eyes and saw a deeply rooted smile on his face.

"Let's leave them." The doctor beckoned the nurse and she closed the door behind them.

As soon as they left I kissed him. He held me up under my bum, even though I didn't really need help. He lifted me up so I was on my tippy toes and slid his hands under my thighs, pushing them out of the back of my legs. He just held me there, against his chest. Feeling his heart beat against my cheek made me smile.

"Let's go home." He set me in my wheelchair and handed me my bags, which I placed on my lap. I opened the door and he held it open with his foot to push me out.

As we went down the hallway, I couldn't help but smile at everyone. A few of them seemed grateful, they looked kind of sad. But a smile lightened them up a bit.

Once the weighted mats felt Carson and I, the doors opened up to the outside world and the rainy atmosphere welcomed us and I breathed in deeply. A nurse met us outside and helped me into the car. Carson handed the wheelchair off to her and thanked her before he ran around to the other side of the car and got in.

"So, when were you going to tell me you got a new car?" I looked at him and touched the soft leather seat and admired the black interior.

"Well, since we are eventually going to be parents. I decided to get a bigger car, and when I saw the range rovers, I knew it would be the perfect fit." He rubbed his finger across his jaw and started the car. His silver watch shining in the sun.

"So you do want kids?" I looked at him, trying to hold back a smile. Most teenage guys would leave their girlfriends if they got pregnant.

"With anyone else, no. But having kids with you, I definitely want to." He reached over and held my hand in his.

"How many do you want?"

"2. A girl and a boy." He looked over at me for a split second before returning his eyes to the road.

"When was your birthday?" I pursed my lips.

"3 days ago."

"Happy birthday old man. You're 20!" I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Gee thanks." He laughed quietly.

"I had a birthday present planned you know?" I smirked.

"And what was it?" He tilted one side of his lip up into a smirk as well.

"Since your birthday was supposed to be on our wedding day. I was planning on doing something that could possibly end in me getting pregnant if we weren't careful."

"Well shit." His voice sounded a little hoarse and it was quiet.

I laughed and responded with. "Well it will be a late birthday present."

His eyes seemed to grin and he released my hand to hold my thigh. He rubbed his finger up and down the fabric of my jeans. In that moment they felt really thin and I swear his fingers were on my skin but when I looked down at his hand. They were in fact on my jeans.

"Carson, I love you."

"Valerie, I love you more."

Second update before 2 weeks or even longer?! That's un-heard of right? I know I know, I'm just glad I actually have time to update. Enjoy the chapter everyone.

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹