1.2

Valerie's P.O.V.
Pic above~ James Lawson

Carson was going to leave after his prank but I made him stay because I seriously was freaked out. He scared the shit out of me. He walked me upstairs and tucked me under the blankets of my bed. Climbing in next to me, and pulling me against his chest. I snuggled against him and then I realized. I want to be alone. I don't want to be anyone right now, no one to sleep by me. No one talk to me. Like get the hell away from me. I don't hate anyone, especially Carson but I have to spend a week with him. Plus I have to go on a date with him tomorrow. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Luck seemed to hit me right then because I heard my front door open. My parents walked in and I heard them talking and laughing. A huge smile formed on my face. I sprung up from my spot in the bed and flung myself down the stairs. Tumbling into my parents arms. They stepped back for a second then realized what I was doing and hugged me back.

"Well hello to you too kiddo." My dad ruffled with my hair.

"Hi dad." I smiled and hugged him tighter.

"Are you okay sweetie?" My mom asked in a concerned tone.

"I am better than okay mom. I just missed you guys. I miss family time, and just having you guys around." I hugged my mom and smiled as she stroked my back lovingly.

"We missed you too honey, we will try to be around more. Is there any reason why you feel like this?" My dad asked while he set his shirt and tie on the counter.

"Yeah. I will tell you guys about it later. Carson is upstairs, he played a prank on me and scared the shit out me. So I made him stay because I was scared. He can leave if you guys want him too." I gave them a begging look. Saying 'please make him leave' they understood and called Carson down stairs.

"Carson!" My mom yelled. He came running down the stairs and stopped with a breath. Smiling at my parents.

"Hi sweetie, so since we are home. We were wondering if it was okay if we took over from here? I hear you have a date with Val tomorrow and she will see you then." My mom spoke in a forceful manor.

"Yeah of course." He stepped forward and kissed my forehead. "I love you kitten, I will see you tomorrow." He walked off and out the door.

"That kid sure has some balls telling you he loves you in front of your parents." My dad laughed.

"That must mean that he really means in Daniel." She bit back at my dad in her best efforts to make me feel better.

"Thanks mom." I smiled lightly.

"It's 1:47. You should probably go to sleep sweetheart." My mom looked at the clock then back at me.

"Alright, I'm pretty tired anyway." I hugged both my parents and ran up the stairs and back into my empty room. Rascal followed in after me and I picked her up and set her on my bed next to me. I laid down and fell asleep thinking about how I was going to survive a week with people I didn't want to be around. Yes they were my best friends and I am absolutely in love with all of them but I don't want to be around them for a week straight. My brain wouldn't shut off which annoyed the hell out of me so I got up. I ran down the stairs and heard my parents talking in the kitchen.

I tiptoed into the hallway and peered around the corner into the kitchen. They stood there arguing.

"Jess, this isn't just something we can look past. This boy is sleeping in her room with her. There has to be some ground rules." My dad whispered.

"I know Daniel. But she really likes him so we can't make the rules too Jurassic." My mom spoke in a hushed tone.

"Okay well let's start with something simple. Keep the door open when he's over." My dad suggested calmly. My mom nodded before she started to speak again.

"Did you know that they are going to DisneyLand Monday?" My dads face went cold.

"No. I didn't." His force was hard and unforgiving.

"Well, they are. Which means they are staying in the same room. But don't worry James and Janie, Jesse and Isaac will be there too." She added with a hopeful smile.

"That makes me feel a little better, but Jess. Has it ever occurred to you that she could have lost her virginity already? Or that she lost it to Carson. Or maybe they are already having sex. We don't know." My dad rubbed his temple in a disapproving way.

"I know Dan, it scares me too." She hugged him.

Okay now I feel bad. They really do care about me a lot. I lost my virginity when I was 17 which was 2 years ago and I lost it to my boyfriend at the time. We really did have a genuine love. We would probably be engaged if he hadn't gotten into a car accident and passed away. My eyes teared up at the thought. I decided that now I was finally tired enough to go to sleep and I walked back up the stairs. My head dropping lower than before.

As soon as my feet his the plush carpet of my bedroom floor. I relaxed and I realized that I missed Carson. I know I said I needed time away from him but I don't. I laid on my bed and hugged my pillow as tears started to fall onto my skin and trickle down my pink cheeks to my bed. I squeezed it like someone was about to kill me and I found my mom. I buried my face in my pillow and steadied my breathing but the crying didn't stop. I fell asleep just as Rascal crawled up next to me and licked my arm.

If you read please vote. If you don't. Don't read. Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this chapter? Are you enjoying the story?

All the love,

Sparkling Beverage🍹