3.9

Valerie's P.O.V.

"Do I have to?" He whined.

"Yes!! It's your last free night away from me Carson."

"But I don't want to be away from you." He scooted closer to me and wrapped me in his arms.

"You are having a bachelor party and that's final." I rolled over and crossed my arms. Glaring at him.

"Fine. But you have to have a bridal party then. Or whatever it's called."

"I already planned on it. We are going shopping and spending the night wherever Robin and Janie want to."

"I'm not exactly sure what my brothers are going to do, but knowing them it won't be good."

"Well we have to go through with it. I want to have mine tomorrow actually." I looked down.

"Seriously?! That means I have to have mine tomorrow too!!" He groaned.

"I'm sorry."

"If we are having these parties tomorrow then that means our wedding is within the next week Valerie. You do know that right?"

"I know. The sooner we get married the better, I'm sick of being a couple. I want to be a COUPLE, so when we go out somewhere I can introduce you as my husband. And if I go the the club with the girls and someone asks me out I can say 'sorry I'm married.' And actually be happy. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you Carson."

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead, "What day are we doing this?"

"I was thinking maybe Thursday."

"Well today is Friday, so if we do this party tomorrow we will have 5 days to plan our wedding."

I remember when I was a little girl I was scared, I was scared of a lot of things. But mostly what people thought about me, I was scared no one would ever love me. That I was worthless and ugly. Not to mention extremely fat. But here I am, sitting across from the love of my life. Talking about our wedding day.

I looked at him and just stared, a small small barely visible smile on my lips. He has no idea how truly grateful I am. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. A salty tear slid down my cheek. It dropped onto the blanket after it trickled down my cheek.

"Kitten, are you okay?"

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?"

"For loving me, and giving me hope that maybe I am beautiful."

He reached his hand out and traced his thumb on my cheek. "You are beautiful."

"Thank you."

I decided I wasn't going to fight it this time, I'm going to try and listen to people when they say that to me.

"And I love you so much." He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my parted lips.

"I love you." I laid my head down on his chest and felt his heart beat speed up and slow to a steady beat.

He set his hand on my arm and ran his fingers up and down my skin. Of course my mind had to ruin the moment.

"Okay don't do that." I pulled his hand away from my arm. He gave me a questioning look.

"What?"

"My arms have little tiny bumps on them and I don't like it."

"Val, there is nothing there."