1.5

Valerie's P.O.V.
Pic above~ Isaac Lawson

My feet kicked beneath the water furiously to keep my body afloat when I realized I could touch. I laughed to myself and stood on the ground. Carson popped his head up and his hair covered his face. He made an attempt to get it out of of his face but it only made it worse. I laughed and dove under the water, swimming over to Carson and pinching his side. He screamed and I shot my body back up to the surface and laughed.

"What are you doing?" I asked him while trying not to laugh.

"Oh, I was just um. I thought you were a water moccasin or something." He blushed out of embarrassment.

"Yeah, because water moccasins pinch people." I slapped his shoulder and turned around to swim away.

He snagged my feet in his hands and started to tickle them. I kicked him not knowing where. He groaned painfully and let my feet go.

"Where did I kick you?" I asked curiously.

"Right in my family jewels." He rasped out.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I didn't know where I was kicking, I just didn't want you to tickle me." I spoke truthfully.

"It's okay, I only feel like I'm dying a little bit." He forced a painful smile to make me feel better.

"Okay, as long as it's only a little bit we're good." I joked.

"Have you packed for Disney land?" He asked trying to change the subject while he still guarded himself in case I got crazy again.

"Yeah, I packed yesterday. Have you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, we are planning on leaving tonight though." He switched his eyes to a tree.

"Wait what?! I was not informed of that." I glared at him.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's just of we want to go to Disney for 3 days then we have to leave tonight." He cleared his throat and looked back at me.

"What time?" I asked him.

"Around 5 or 6." He replied instantly.

"Well it's about 3 now so don't you think we should head back?" I started swimming towards the boat.

"If you really want to I guess." He swam after me.

Yeah I do, this date was awkward as fuck.

"I don't really want to, but we should." I lied straight through my teeth.

"Are you sure? We could stay a little longer?" He pushed.

Oh my gosh, does he not get it?

"No, I'm okay. Let's just go." I climbed up the ladder and onto the boat.

"If you really think we should then okay." He sighed and climbed up after me.

I grabbed a towel and dried myself off before getting dressed. Carson did the same and packed up the stuff he had brought. Okay, what is with the awkward tension? I don't get it. The minute we get to go on our first date it's like this. I don't know what I can do to make this not awkward but I have an idea.

I dropped my bag to the ground and ran towards him. Flinging my body on top of his. He toppled over and stared widely at me.

"Valer-" I cut him off by kissing him.

It took him a second but he eventually figured out what I was doing and kissed me back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pushed his lips farther onto my own. I laid my hands on his chest as my hair blew lightly in the wind.