04

Claire

I was woken up to someone shaking me. "Go away." I said and buried my self deeper under the covers. "Claire get up. It's Monday. What does that mean?" Nash spoke. "School." You groaned. "Well yeah and going back to mom's for the week." He said sitting next to me on the bed.

"Why'd they get divorced?" I asked. "I honestly don't know. I wish I would know too. But I don't. Come on. We're leaving in a few." He said getting up. "How long is a few?" You asked. "10 minutes." He said heading out the bedroom door.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and got out of the bed heading towards my bedroom. Me and Hayes bedroom actually. I should ask dad for my own room. I saw Hayes packing his backpack.

The only things I bring from moms to dads are my phone, phone charger, laptop, laptop charger, my book bag, and my self.  So all I did was get all of that and put it in a separate bag and sat it next to my book bag because we go to moms and drop off our things except for our book bags and then go straight to school after leaving dads.

"I win! So I call shotgun!" I said picking up my things. "Whatever!" Hayes said as I walked down the stairs. I went into the living room seeing Nash sprawled out on the couch sleeping. I went to the kitchen and got a granola bar and ate it.

After I finished I threw away the wrapper and checked the time on my phone. 6:34 am. Only an hour and a half before school started. I went back to the living room where Nash was sleeping and sat on the floor waiting for Hayes.

Hayes takes the most time to get ready. You thought it was me, think again. Last I saw of him he was packing his book bag so he has to be doing his hair. He has this thing with being organized. (maybe, maybe not). By the way lady's or guys, he's taken.

Her name is Julie. She's in our grade and is actually really nice. Don't take it the wrong way, but all of Hayes past girlfriends were Devils! We're not friends but we still greet each other when we see each other.

Speaking of school, me and Hayes are both in the 8th grade. Nash is in highschool so we don't really see much of him. Though it would be better for them to be homeschooled. After all, they are kinda well known every where.

Hayes is on the football team and so is Nash for his school. I'm not in any things at school but I've thought about soccer or volleyball. When Hayes came down with his things I got up to wake Nash. I got on top of him and shook him.

"Nash wake up!" I said. He layed there like a baby that just fell asleep. So I did what I had to. I raised my hand and slapped him across the face. I know, too far. He immediately woke up. "Ow! What the ...".

When he saw it was me who slapped him, he stopped himself from speaking any further. "What'd you do that for?" He asked rubbing his right cheek. "You wouldn't wake up!" I said. He whined. "Don't be a baby, it wasn't that hard." I said. "Yeah it was. Next time, just throw water in my face." He said.

"Ok. But you'll clean it up." I said. "That was hilarious!" Hayes said coming from behind the wall. "Please don't tell me you recorded that?" Nash asked. "I did. And it's posted on vine. Already 10,000 loops!" Hayes said showing us the vine. Me and Hayes chuckled and high fived each other saying "go clayes!".

"Clayes? Seriously?" Nash asked while we got our stuff together. "It's me and Claire's name mashed together. cause we're twins! duh!" Hayes said like it was obvious. We walked out the door and headed towards Nash's car, which is a black Range Rover.

We put our stuff inside and headed back inside to say bye to dad who was just coming down the stairs. "Bye dad. See you next week." I said as I secretly rolled my eyes. After I hugged him goodbye Nash and Hayes said bye after and I went to wait in the car turning up the radio which was playing the best song ever.

Never forget you by Zara Larsson & MNEK.
"I will never forget you. You will always be by my side. Till the day I die. The beat drops!" I sang as it played. Then Nash got in and Hayes came in a few seconds later in the back.

"Let's go!" I said as I buckled up. Nash drove out of the drive away as the sun started to come up and we left for moms. It's so weird to say that, it actually makes me sad. The whole ride to moms was quiet, but not awkward.

I was too tired to do or say anything, so I stared out the window the whole time. When we got to moms i checked the time on my phone. 7:45 am. By now, the sun was out and almost everyone was awake. We got our stuff and headed for the door.

Nash unlocked it and I went in first, following Hayes and Nash. I went up to my room. That's right, I have my own room here. Hayes got dibs on the bigger room but not as big as the master, which i think is unfair but i deal with it.

That was when mom and dad were still together. As happy as they could be. "Can you take my stuff to my room?" Hayes asked. "You wish." I said as I bolted up the stairs to my room. I opened the door and put all my stuff down.

Someone came knocking on my door. "Come in!" I said as I layed back on my bed. "Hey sweetie." Mom said coming through the door. I sat up right. "Oh. Hey mom. Forgot you still live here." I said. "Very funny. Now how was the weekend at your dads?" She asked.

"It was nice. Just like every other time you've asked since I've been going." I said. "Hey, I'm sorry it has to be like this, but me and your dad just weren't happy anymore." Mom said as she sat next to me. "You tell me that every time and yet I don't seem to understand." I said.

"You'll understand soon enough. Now let's go have breakfast." She smiled. "I already ate." I said. "well hurry up and get dressed." she got up and left me alone once again.

I chose to wear a short sleeve stripe tee with black leggings and white converse along with a gold pendant necklace I got a while back. After that I brushed my hair and put some perfume on and brushed my teeth.

Then my phone dinged and I went to go check it. It read :

Reminder:
13 days till Christmas!

I don't know how this Christmas will be for me. Not the same, that's for sure. With my parents divorced and my brothers always out of town. I'll be all alone this Christmas.

"Claire time to go." Hayes said walking in. "Be down in a sec." I said. He left and I got my bag and closed the door and headed down stairs. "Bye mom. Love you." I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Love you too Claire." She said and I walked out the door and headed in the back of the car.

After Nash got in we left for school. When we got to my school Hayes got out and these girls came asking for pictures. I wonder if they were waiting. "Bye Nash." I said as I got out of the car. "Bye Claire. Love you." He responded. "Love you too." I said and he drove off.

I looked over at Hayes and the girls surrounding him. Let him be I thought.

--------------
it's been a freakishly long time. but I decided to wait and see. and im updating. I hope you enjoyed this. I'll update again in a few days.

- ash 💞
4:37 am on 8116