16

claire;
"wakey wakey!" mallory hits me with a pillow and I groan turning the other way. "claire, you know everyone is already awake?" she says. "why? it's a Monday." I mumble. "it's the actual first day of summer. and we're going to the heart of new york!" she exclaims. "now get up!" she hits me again.

"fine." I say. "15 minutes!" she yelled going downstairs. after getting myself out of bed, I did all the bathroom things and picked out my outfit. I went with a plain white shirt, loose pants, pink converse with ankle length socks and a pink visor hat.

I put all my hair back and lost my bangs. oh well. I put perfume and deodorant on. I grabbed my phone, earbuds and my bag and headed towards the kitchen. I saw Wesley sitting at the counter next to Tyler talking and I decided to sit next to him.

wesley turned to me and said his good morning. "you smell really good." he whispers. I laugh to myself. "eat your french toast." I say. as we ate and talked, i could feel nash staring at us and i didn't like it. "i'll see you outside." i said to wesley and got up.

i signaled to nash to go outside and he sighed getting up. when we were outside nash said,"what?". "can you not stare at me and wesley as we eat? it's uncomfortable." i shrug. "well i'm sorry. it's hard when you guys are always all over each other."

"we're not even like that!" i defensively say. "can we just not fight and have a good summer please?" without letting him finish, i head inside sitting myself next to charlie on the couch in the family room waiting. "are you okay?" she asks. "yeah i'm fine. i just can't wait to see times square again." i smile.

times square (:

we're just now leaving an expensive shoe store in times square and are heading to an ice cream shop because it's kinda hot out. i order cookies and cream and sit myself next to the windows. as i'm picking at my ice cream, wesley sits next to me.

"if you don't want your ice cream, i'll gladly take it." he smiles and there are those beautiful dimples i always see. i chuckle. "you like cookies and cream?" i ask. "who doesn't? it's only the best ice cream ever!"he says. "same" i simply say.

"so listen, i was wondering if you maybe wanted to go on a date." he says. inside, i start freaking out. but on the outside, i'm calm. "really? when & where?" i ask. "mini golfing at 3:30." he says. "so cliche ... i like it. i'll gladly go." i say.

"cool. well i have to use the restroom. too much ice cream." he smiles and gets up. i watch him as he heads for the restroom. i see him do a little victory dance and i laugh.

lake house

will finally showed up. he was in the kitchen stuffing his face when we got here. i couldn't help but laugh. he told us that my dad and nola had gone out and wouldn't be back for a couple hours. now, i'm upstairs in our room with the rest of the girls talking.

"i wanna know everything on claire and wesley." mallory said. "me too." callie said. "me three." lulu charlie said. i chuckled. "there's nothing going on." i say, which is a lie. "don't lie claire. i saw you two earlier when we were getting ice cream. did he ask you out?" mallory said sitting next to me.

"ok. you got me. yeah he asked me out." i said. we all started screaming. i told them where he was taking me "aww that's so cute." lulu gushes. "well, you need to look your best!" callie said. "i think i'm just gonna go simple. it is just mini golf."i shrug.

"have you told nash?" charlie asks. "no. i don't think i am." haley and lulu look at me like i'm crazy. "umm, do you know your brother claire? you know he doesn't like secrets, especially when it's about a boy." haley warns.