56

one week later !!

claire;

this is really happening i thought as nash put all my stuff into the back of mom's car. hayes came out with all his stuff and it looked like he had more things packed than me which is saying a lot.

i help him put everything in and finally is nash's stuff. i say a quick bye to james before heading into the car. hayes says some funny things here and there as we drive through the highway but i don't say anything. instead, i listen to my music and just stare out the window as city's become forests.

3 & 1/2 hours later 💩

pulling up to the camp, it didn't look that bad. it honestly looked like a regular park. once i stepped out of the car though, i started sweating so hard.

it was hot. it was a good thing i had shorts and a tank top on under my sweater. a counselor comes over to us and asks for our names.

mom replies for us since we're busy unloading our stuff. "nash, you're on the south wing, by the lake. hayes and claire, you're north wing by the river. girls and boys in seperate cabins. good thing is that you get to choose who you bunk with." the counselor explains.

she walks off to help another family and we say bye to mom. "take care of yourselves. i love you. nash, watch out for them." mom says.

"don't worry mom." nash says. i hug mom the longest before she has to go. i don't wave as her car drives off. someone grabs a hold of my hand and it's hayes. "we got this." he says.

i smile and we grab our stuff, heading to the main office to get directions. once we get directions, we go where me and hayes are supposed to stay at.

after walking for what feels like forever, we make it to some cabins that are medium sized. there are around 10 and 5 of them have purple colored signs and the other 5 are blue colored signs.

i go into the first one, seeing no one inside. i see 3 bunk beds which makes it 6. it seems perfect if all the girls get here first.

i take a bottom bunk and leave my stuff there. i walk out, seeing hayes hugging someone. it's milo. i run over, giving him a hug. "you made it!" i say. "only for you." he smirks.

i chuckle as him and hayes set up inside their lodge. "well, i gotta go." i turn to face nash and i don't want him to leave. "don't be scared. you've got me and 8 other fools who'll punch anyone who messes with you." he says.

"8?" i ask. "i asked my magcon dudes if they could come. thank god they all said yes." he says. "so i need to hurry and see if they're there. i'll see you later. i promise." he gives my cheek a kiss and leaves.

i turn back around and try to calm myself. it could be worse i think. i don't want to go back to my cabin or lodge or whatever you call it. so i stay with hayes and milo and wait for everyone else to get here.

"you know they're gonna take our phones?" milo says. "what? mom never said that." hayes looks at me and i just shrug. my phone dings and it's mallory.

mallory 💖:
we should have all gone together in
one car. it would've been so much easier.

me:
lol true. are you here ?!