54

claire;

"have a nice day claire. i'll see you on thursday." florence says. i smile, saying goodbye before walking out to the waiting area.

i see my mom looking through a paper and hayes munching on a chocolate chip cookie. as he eats it, he looks up, seeing me.

"hey. want some?" he asks holding it up. "no gracias." i say. my spanish accent is so funny to me so whenever i can, i use it. 

"demanda?" he says, more like a question. i chuckle as i intertwine my arm with his, walking out the door. my mom stays behind to talk to florence about who knows. i mean, my mom tells me but sometimes it feels like she's not telling me everything.

"it's denada." i correct him. "whatever." he says as we get into the car. hayes turns the car on and we wait, getting on our phones.

after a few minutes, mom gets in the car. "what'd she say?" i ask. i always ask after every session. i feel like one of these days, she's going to say that i'm not progressing at all and i'll be sent away to some hospital, not seeing my family or friends or wes for forever.

"she said you need some time away from society." she reverses and drives off, heading home. my heart feels like it just skipped a beat, and not in the good way.

"what?" i ask. "yeah, she said you need to go somewhere for a while that's far away from here." i'm very shocked and i look behind me, seeing hayes with his mouth wide open.

i sit back in my seat, looking out the window as my world crumbles a little.

home 🦄

"so i looked through it" mom puts her laptop on the granite counter in our kitchen, sitting down next to me. "you're really making me go?" i ask.

"i actually think it's a good idea." she shrugs. nash and hayes walk in, laughing about god knows what. meanwhile, i'm on the verge of crying because i'll be gone till summer ends, which sucks.

nash stops laughing once he sees my face, full of tears that are ready to pour down at any second. "why's she crying?" he asks, sitting next to me.

"she's gettin sent away." hayes says and mom gives him the death stare which makes me chuckle sadly. "shut up." i say, wiping away the tears.

"what? where?" nash asks, rubbing my arm softly. "that's what i'm about to say." she clicks on a tab, which shows a website for a ....

"camp alpine?" hayes reads over my shoulder. "a camp?' i question. mom nods her head and i look at hayes with confusion. "mom she's going to die out there." nash says.

"don't get all dramatic. i think i can take it." i cross my arms, looking over at him. "you know damn well you wouldn't last a day." hayes laughs.

"hayes." mom says. he mouths a 'sorry' before going to the fridge. "florence thinks it would be a good idea if you weren't around ... what's the word?" she asks.

"people?" hayes says. "not people. society." now it just feels like i'm in a movie with the way she said that. "it's the same thing." hayes says before taking a bite of some burrito.

"and i have to go alone?" i ask. "well, she said a familiar face or two would make you feel less alone so i've decided to have hayes and nash there." hayes and nash immediately start arguing with mom about having to go.

my world crumbles even more now that i won't be spending the summer with my friends. "you're going and that's final. but i did make some calls and most of your friends will be there." mom smiles at me.

i have no clue what she's talking about until i hear my phone go off upstairs. multiple times actually. i rush up to my room to see a bunch of texts from a group chat i have with everyone.

mean gorls (& guys)
haless 💗:
omg camp ?! i never thought of that
ty 🤪:
camp ... miss me w that shiz 🧐
lulu 💘:
it could be fun ....
mallory 💖:
is it just me or is anyone else actually excited ?
callie 🤩:
uhmm, me thinks not. i'm not trying to be outside where there are literally a hundred different insects that could try to suck some of my blood
charlie 💞:
don't be such a drama queen cals. i'm excited too mallory (:
babbby 💗💗😽😽:
ahhh, the great outdoors .... yeah no 👎🏼

me:
really wes ?? i thought you'd
for sure be pumped lol

babbby 💗💗😽😽:
yeah, not really feeling the whole
camp thing. sorry not sorry :/
callie 🤩:
omggg i agree !!
ty 🤪:
you can blame claire's mom HAHA
ty 🤪:
i'm sorry. love u beech 💛

me:
i hate you. but i love you <3

haless 💗:
oh yeah where'd she get the idea ??
mallory 💖:
tell her i said gracias 😽

i didn't know if i should tell them that this was to help with my therapy or just lie. it'd be embarrassing but they are literally my family.

me:
don't know. we were just coming back from my session when she got the idea

not a total lie, i guess. we talked for a while before nash came in. he sat next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"how was therapy?" he asks. "it was long." i roll my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder. "at least you won't have to go there for the next couple weeks."

i raise my head saying, "what do you mean?". "i asked mom how long we'd be there and ... it's gonna be a while." he says.

"how long is a couple weeks?" i ask. "... about 2 months." he says. oh no. this is not what i signed up for. i'm about to go downstairs and complain about it to mom when nash stops me.

"what?" i ask. "i actually think it's a good idea you'll be there." he says. "for 2 months? i don't think so." i try getting up but he holds me back.

"listen claire. i know how much you hate this but i don't want to see you hating yourself to the point that you'd starve yourself. please, don't argue with mom. she won't change her mind if you tried." he explains.

"then i'll tell dad." i say. "dad is already on board. mom is on facetime with him right now, signing us all up." he says. i sigh, feeling defeated.

i don't cry, even though i want too. i just tell nash to leave me alone. "don't hate me. don't hate mom or dad either." he gives my forehead a kiss before closing my door.

as i'm thinking about how much time will be wasted, my phone starts ringing. i pick it up from the nightstand to see wes calling on facetime.

i check my face to make sure i don't look red or blotchy before answering. his face pops up, smiling that handsome smile. and it instantly makes me smile, sort of forgetting everything.

——————
we back! for now .... merry late chrysler guys !! hope it was very merry 😉. i'll see u in 2019 for the next one. maybe. - ash 🤩