51

claire;

"wait, you're one of my mom's patients?" mandy asks. patient. i hate that word. "you guys know each other?" florence asks.

"yeah. we go to the same school. she does ballet where i go. she was going to play odette but she couldn't anymore. she stopped completely."

"huh. should've done a little more digging." florence says. "you guys can sort this out outside." we walk outside and it's quiet for a moment.

"is the reason you're going to therapy also the reason you stopped ballet?" she asks. i nod my head. "is it bad?" she asks again.

"i'll let you be the judge of that." i say. and i tell her everything. i've repeated it so many times that i can't even cry anymore.

i told willow a while back when she decided to visit without telling me. hayes told brett, milo & braden and they showed up with flowers.

i was mad at hayes for a week since he had no right to tell them my business but at least now they knew. mandy hugs me when i'm finishes and says, "i'm so sorry." i'm a little surprised since she looked a little mad when we collided a few minutes ago.

"isn't it funny though? you've been seeing my mom all this time and you didn't even know it." she chuckles. "yeah. she's hilarious. really laid back."

"yeah she is. but also really helpful when it comes to advice. anyway, i hope she's helping you. and i hope you're getting better." she says.

i smile, hugging her again. "thank you. and i am." once i let go, her brother pulls up. "oh hey. claire right?" he says. i nod my head.

"good to see you. mandy, let's go." mandy rolls her eyes and turns to me. "bye." we hug and after, she gets in the car.

i go back inside and florence is talking to my mom. i clear my throat and they turn to me. "ok. let's go."

next day 🌊

i smile, staring down at my phone in algebra class

i smile, staring down at my phone in algebra class. i look up, seeing wes staring right at me. he's smiling that classic dimple smile and i can't help but put my chin in the palm of my hand and stare right back.
( issa reference. love u if u know it.)

"claire?" i sit up saying, "i'm sorry what?" i hear wes chuckle as mr. lofton speaks. "number 17 please." crap i think. i didn't even have the worksheet out since we were leaving in a few seconds.

the bell rings as i find it and i crumble up into a little ball in my head. "be more prepared next time. have a great summer everyone!." mr. lofton says as everyone leaves.

i sigh, packing everything up. i walk out the door seeing wes waiting for me. "total fail." i roll my eyes. "shut up." i laugh.

he holds my hand as we walk through the other students, going to my locker. "i'm so surprised you cursed in your text." i say as i unlock it.