39

claire;

"ew, we're back here." i sigh standing in front of my locker. as i open it, sean talks to me with his left side leaning against the lockers.

"isn't it great?" he says sarcastically. i jokingly roll my eyes at him, taking out my notebook for science. "at least we only have one class left." he shrugs.

"thank god we have science together or i'd be lonely." i smile at him. he stares at me for a long time before clearing his throat.

"yeah we should go. the bell is going to ring in a few and that class is on the second floor." he says. i close my locker and we walk to science.

after school 🏫

today is the first day of dance team practice. we only have practice every monday which is good since i don't have ballet on mondays.

i say bye to sean as he walks to the football field. i turn around to walk inside when i collide with a body. it's scarlett with her posse behind her.

i see mandy behind her and she turns her head to the floor. "excuse me." i say walking around her. she and her posse follow me inside.

"i saw you and sean. what were y'all talking about?" i ask. "does it matter?" i ask. "i think it would matter to wes." i stop once she says his name.

i turn around and walk closer to her. "don't bring him into this." i say. "i should since you seem to be having a so called "sl" with sean." she says.

"sean is just a friend. besides, who would he believe? me or you?" i ask. "i don't know. why don't you ask him?" she holds her phone to my face as i see messages between her and ... wes.

the last message being from him reading:

wes 😉: what a cutie you are

i felt my heart shatter in pieces as she locked her phone. "what a shame. turns out you're not enough for him." she smirks.

"have fun at dance practice. let's go girls." she turns and walks away, her posse following leaving me there stunned and confused.

a single tear falls down my cheek before i feel a hand on my shoulder. i quickly wipe it away, turning around to see mandy.

"are you okay?" she asks. "what do you think?" i snap. she sighs as there's a long silence. "i'm late for dance practice. i'll see you around." i say.

"wait claire, i-" she puts her hand on my shoulder again before i push it away. "please mandy. if you want to be nice, just ... leave me alone." more tears come down my cheeks as i leave her standing there.

i stop outside the dance room and wipe away the tears that won't seem to stop flowing. thank god this is waterproof mascara i think.

i inhale and exhale slowly, making my way inside. everyone is stretching as i put my duffle bag down and start to change.

once i'm done changing, i join them as we do splits. the whole time, i can't get my mind off of wes and that one message.

we get up to go across the floor, doing leaps, side leaps etc. practice is finally over around 4:30 and i change quickly and say by to the teacher before heading to the front of the school.

as i'm waiting for nash, i see sean walking towards me. i put my hair up in a messy ponytail as he sits down next to me.

"how was practice?" he asks. "it was okay." i shrug. "it seems like it was rough by the way you have your hair up." he laugh. "yeah. it was." i bite my lower lip, looking at him as i start to cry.