26

claire;

"i'm scared. i don't wanna go!" i whined, putting my birkenstocks on. "well you have to. don't you wanna get that thing off?" my dad said, as he grabbed his car keys.

"it's called a cast dad but you're right. this thing is so heavy. i want it off already." we head outside and get into his infiniti qx80 and head for the highway.

on the way, we stop at dairy queen to get some ice cream. once we get to the clinic, they have my dad do all this paper work and then we wait.

"claire grier!" a nurse yells out. we get up and head into the room where she is.

after 🍦

it's so weird not having the cast on anymore. once they took it out, i felt the cold air hit my arm and it felt amazing! thank god it's off.

"how do you feel?" haley asks as we sit on the couch in the living room. "my arm doesn't feel like a rock anymore." callie laughs.

"but i'm still so mad we have to leave today." i sigh, putting my head back. "this summer was definitely one to remember though." lulu says.

"i made some new friends, we went canoeing, had a disaster party, a really fun birthday and so much more." mallory says.

"awww, group hug!" callie extends her arms out and we all get into one big circle. "i love you guys!" i say. "we love you too!" charlie says.

after our little moment, we all head upstairs to start packing. hayes and tyler were being nice so they put all of our stuff in the car.

we were leaving a week ahead of the first day of school because my mom wanted to take me and hayes to the orientation thing they're having.

"let's go guys!" nila yelled up the stairs. i sighed sadly, got up and we looked around the room one last time (😉) before leaving downstairs.

"i'm going to miss this." i mutter as we head out the door. charlie locked it and we got into the car. "goodbye!" i yell out the window as my dad drives off.

skip airport, back home 🛬

"mom!" i yelled as i got out of the car. she and james were waiting outside with a "welcome back my babies!" poster. i gave her a tight hug and she kissed my forehead as well as Hayes and Will's.

Nash came out a few seconds later, picking me up and spinning me around. "i missed my little sister." he said putting me down. "i didn't" i joked.

"you're so heartless." he put his hand on his chest. "you know i'm joking. i love you." i give him another hug. "aww, i love you too." he says.

"bye sweetie. i'll see you in a few." my dad says from inside his car. i blow a kiss bye and he drives off. i turn back around to see everyone gone.

i run inside since the sun is almost gone. i regret goin inside because when i do, all the magcon guys ambush me in hugs.

"ok. too much!" i yell. they all let go and start laughing. "what?" i ask confused. "look in the mirror." as soon as cameron said that, i ran into the bathroom. i could not believe my eyes.

there was red lipstick all over my face. how did i not feel that? i went back out and mouthed to them, "fuck you." i ran up to my room and got a makeup wipe and started cleaning my face.

just as i was finishing up, wes face-timed me. i answered and heard, "heyyyyy." i chuckled. "hi." i picked up my phone so i could see his face.

"where are you?" he asks. "home." i reply. "what?" he says surprised. "i said i'm home." i repeat. "and why didn't you tell me?" he asks.

"i thought i did." i furrow my eyebrows. he shakes his head no. "oh, well oops." i shrug. now he chuckles. "so did you make your football team?" i ask curiously.

"what do you think?" he asks. "i think yes!" i sing. "I DID!" he yells. "aww. see, i told you there was nothing to worry about." i say.

"thanks for believing in me darling." he says. "anytime. when's the first big game?" i smile, hearing 'darling'. "i don't know. but i know it's right after school starts back up again." he shrugs.

"i want you to come. see me in action." he says. "obviously i will. i have to ask first. which is going to be a little hard." i sigh, laying on my couch in my room.

"why?" he asks. i don't know if i should tell him that i haven't told my mom about us. "oh, no reason. just the fact that maybe my mom doesn't know about us." i mutter that last part.

"what?" he asks again. i mutter it again. "i think the connection is bad." he says. i chuckle and decide to text him about it.

"are you serious right now claire?" he asks. "why haven't you told her about us? do you not want her to know i'm dating you?" he says, upset.

"it might've not come up when i talked to her." i shrug. "you need to tell her." he says. "she's going to be so mad." i say, fiddling with my fingers.

"it's better than lying to her face about it. if you want, i'll tell her with you." he suggests. "thanks but i'd rather do it alone." i say.

"alright. promise me you'll tell her." he says. "i promise." i respond. "ok, well i'll see you soon. bye baby." he waves. "bye." i mutter, as i end the call.

i'm so tired from all the traveling so i decide to take a long long nap on my couch. i end up waking up at around 12 am. i get up and go downstairs.

all the lights are off and i think that everyone is already asleep. i go to get a granola bar in the kitchen and i see taylor sitting at the counter.

i decide to scare him and sneak up behind him. before i can, he turns around with a giant smirk on his face. "caught red handed." he laughs.

"damn." i say. i walk over and look into the pantry to see no granola bars. i turn around with a frown and sit next to him. "what's wrong?" he asks.

"no more granola bars." i shrug. "you mean these?" he asks holding it up to my face. i gasp. "can i have it?" i ask. "sure. if you tell me what you'll do to get it he says.

"i'd do anything for one." i say. "anything?" he asks. i nod. "good to know." he says, handing me the bar. "i should go to sleep. sleep tight." he winks at me and leaves me sitting there.

i finish the granola bar and have some water before heading back up to my room to fall asleep again.

———————
i write these so late at night on a school night. lol. GOODNIGHT - ash 🍀
2/19/18