05

Claire

"what are you doing for christmas?". That's what i got asked all day at school from my friends. It was so irritating when they said they were going to grandma's or they were going out of the state. I replied with a simple "sleep in" because i know i will.

Nash came to pick me and hayes up since football season (for hayes)ended over a month ago. When we got home, the first thing i did was get some doritos and a juice and watch netflix on my phone because i was too lazy to do any homework.

I ended up binge watching How to get away with murder for the next 3 hours. Mom and my step dad were out on a date. Nash was hanging out with a friend so he wasn't home. Hayes was with Julie on a date to the movies, so cliche.

So I was stuck at home alone. I finally decided to do my homework because it was already 6 in the afternoon and if I started around 8, I wouldn't have finished because my homework was to type up a 500 word essay for English class.

I just wanted to slap Mr. Figgins when he told the class we were doing an essay. I ended up finishing the essay at 8 and printed it out and still I was alone. around 8:30 mom and her mans came home.

I walked towards the kitchen where mom was taking out food from a bag. "Here Claire. I got you some Chinese food." She smiled at me. "You must really love me." I said as I accepted the food and grabbed a plastic spoon from inside the bag.

I walked into the dining room and sat down beginning to eat my food. I heard the front door open a few minutes later and Nash and Hayes walked into the dining room to see me eating. "Share." Nash said walking over to me. "No. Get your own food." I said pushing him away.

"Just one bite." He said sticking out his lip at me. "Ok fine." I said handing him a spare spoon I got just in case. He ended up taking 3 big spoonfuls of rice. "Greedy!" I said as I pushed him away. "Can I get some?" Hayes asked next. "No. I thought you went to the movies. There is a bunch of food there." I said.

"You know, I hate when you're right." He said walking Into the kitchen to greet mom like Nash did. When I finished I cleaned up where I ate and threw out my leftovers. It was Nash's turn to clean up since I had done it yesterday at dads.

I went up to my room and texted some friends, went on snapchat, Instagram and twitter. It was now 10 pm and I'm supposed to be in bed by 11 so I used it to my advantage by reading a book. That's only because it makes me fall asleep faster.

Nash came into my room a little later and layed next to me on my bed. "Hey cupcake, what you reading?" He asked. "A book." I said putting it down. "Boring. Anyways I have good news. Actually great. Wanna know what it is?" He said.

Curiosity built up and by now I was dying to know what it was. "Yes, tell me." I said sitting up, making him sit up. "Will is coming home for Christmas!" He said doing jazz hands. "Are you serious? I can't wait to see him. I've been so lonely in this house." I admitted. His smile faded a little.

"What do you mean? You have me, Hayes mom and dad." He reasoned. "Which dad? Which mom? And notice how I was the only one in this house all day today. While you hung out with your friend, Hayes with his girlfriend , mom and our step dad went out. I was alone today. I don't show it, but ever since mom and dad got divorced, I've been so lonely. So lonely to the point I've gotten so good at hiding it." I rambled feeling the tears well up.

"Why didn't you tell me? Or mom? Even Hayes?" He asked. "I didn't think you'd care. Honestly, I just want things to go back to the way it was. When I actually felt happy. When I didn't feel lonely. When we were a family. When will didn't leave. When you and Hayes weren't famous." Suddenly, I felt the huge lump in my throat and I knew the tears were already falling. "Claire, come here." He said pulling me closer.

I cried silently into his shirt and I felt bad for getting it wet. "I'm sorry. I don't even know why I should be crying about this. It was over 2 months ago. I should just let it go and move on. At least I get to see will again." I said getting out of his arms. "Don't be sorry. It's ok to cry. It hurts me too Claire, it hurts Hayes to and that's normal. You'll learn to live with it. You're just not ready." He reassured.

I thought about what he said and realized that he's right. I'm just not accepting the fact that this is real. That mom has found someone else and so has dad. I should be happy for them. I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder. "You should get sleep. It's almost 11." He said rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah. Wouldn't wanna be late." I said getting up and so did he. "Goodnight Claire. Love you." He said and gave my forehead a kiss before leaving and closing the door behind him. I got ready for bed and fell asleep as soon as I turned the lights off.

---------
it's been 4 long ass months. almost Christmas. almost New Years. and I choose to update now. why? to be totally honest I kind of forgot about this book. but I'll try to keep this up on a daily basis. try.
- ash 💞
10:09 pm on 121416