22

claire;

so it turns out my wrist was broken after all. it was my first broken bone ever and it hurt like hell. they showed me a bunch of x rays and i lied about how it got that way.

i just didn't wanna deal with anything else. i got to choose the color for my cast and i chose a light blue. it didn't take too long and i was happy about that.

i wasn't happy when the doctor said i had to keep the cast on for 6 to 8 weeks. since i don't actually live in ny, they'd send all the information to my doctor, somehow. that was a week ago.

even worse was that it was my right hand so it was hard to do a lot of things. like put makeup on, or brush my teeth. or even pick up a spoon.

everyone felt really bad for me afterwards. they'd try and help me with anything i was having trouble doing and i hated it. but there was an advantage to that.

with our dad, we made up the excuse that i was doing cartwheels outside when my hand faced outwards and i ended up bending my wrist.

with Will's face, he said that there was some bug that gave him some scratches on his face. i don't think my dad really believed it but he didn't question it or us any further and let it be.

"you know that party was the first party i'd ever been to where they had alcohol and look how that ended." i said as i sat on the floor of our room with the girls.

"well look on the bright side." callie shrugged. "there is no bright side. i have to wear this thing for the rest of the summer." i frown.

"yeah, i just realized that." mallory said. "well you still have us and wesley and everyone else." lulu points out, trying to make me feel better.

"you're going to look weird doing leaps with a big cast on your hand." haley laughs. i couldn't even be mad because it was funny to imagine.

"let's go canoeing!" charlie says out of nowhere. "i can't exactly get my cast wet." i say. "yeah and we don't have canoes." lulu says.

"actually we do. it is my lake house. claire, you can just put plastic wrap around it. and we need a girls day. especially you claire" charlie gets up, sitting down next to me.

"i agree!" haley claps her hands in excitement. "don't you remember when we went canoeing last time we came here? we had so much fun." 

"ok fine. i wanna see the sunset on the water." i say and get up to go change. i wore a red short sleeved mock neck cropped tee with my black ray bans.

i chose vintage high waisted denim shorts with my arizona leather birkenstocks with my hair tied up. that's how everyone else mostly dressed.

i looked funny in the mirror with my big light blue cast that was filled with all my friends names. i laughed to myself and headed downstairs.

"how's that wrist of yours?" matthew asks as i sit opposite of him on the couch. "heavy." i sigh. "sorry for what happened that night." he says.

"yeah. i'm never attending party's again." i say. "you look dressed up. where are you going?" he asks. "me and the girls are going canoeing." i say.

"i wanna go!" he whines like a little kid. i chuckle. "well it's for the girls only so sowwy. maybe next time." i shrug.

"well me and the guys are going down to the mall, so ha!" he says. "yeah, to hit on girls." i laugh. "and i'm not ashamed." he says, going back to his phone.

i shake my head and go to the kitchen to put plastic wrap around my cast before going outside where the girls are inside the shed taking the canoes off the wall.