35

claire;

i crosses my fingers as i walked up to the board posted beside the dance room. i looked through the names listed and screamed inside when i saw my name on the list.

i jumped up and down unnoticeably, taking my phone out to tell sean.

me: I MADE THE DANCE TEAM

sean 🏈: AYE! i never doubted you. cheers 🥂

me: lol, thanks!! have u heard about some rumor involving the both of us tho ??

i saw the little bubble thing pop up for a few seconds before it went away, making me want to ask more about it

i saw the little bubble thing pop up for a few seconds before it went away, making me want to ask more about it. but i ended up leaving it be for now.

i bumped into someone, that being hayes. "hayes guess what?" i asked him, jumping up and down. "what?" he asks, imitating me.

"i made the dance team!" i say, wanting to scream, again. "wait, really? congrats! at least one of us made something." he hugs me, as i hug him back with so much joy.

"but we need to talk about wes." he says as he takes me outside to the courtyard. i roll my eyes as we sit at one of the tables. "he told you he loved you."

"hayes, if you love me, you won't bother me about it and leave it alone." i say. "i can't. he told you he loved you. that's a really big deal claire." he starts.

"i care about you. especially now since your "incident." he says. "is that what we're calling it?" i ask sarcastically.

"claire, i just don't want to see you get hurt. i love you to death and i want you to be happy. i know that you are happy but it's barely been 3 months." he defends.

"you've got a point but i can't help it. he's so sweet ... and funny ... and cute. plus the accent, i mean, whoa!" i swoon.

he chuckles. "yeah, i don't really need to hear that. but i get it, sort of. i remember the first girl i fell for." he sighs. "sadly, that's over."

"how are you doing? i never really asked." i say. "i've tried to avoid talking about her but i'll be doing something and it'll remind me of her. of us and it sucks." he puts his head down, groaning.

"i'm sorry hayes. i think i already said this but she didn't deserve you. i mean, she did cheat on you while she was with you. low move julie, low move." i shake my head, rubbing his back.

"don't say her name. though there is a girl that could rid my memories of my ex." he lifts his head, looking up at me with a red face.

i realized that he was crying since his face only gets red when he's crying or sweating but i decided to say nothing. "who?" i ask curiously.

"don't know if you know her. scarlett. scarlett smith. super super nice and funny. cutest laugh." he has his palm on his chin, looking up.

i threw up inside, hating him for liking her. "oh yeah, i know her. i know her pretty well. i gotta go though, i don't wanna hear anymore of your hate towards my relationship. love you." i pat his head before leaving.

—————————

"that's so cute. even though you weren't paying attention to like half of what he said." mallory laughs. "yeah, it's so nice hearing those 3 words though." i say.

"oooh! do tell!" she says. "when he said it, i started to cry because i've never heard it like that. it felt nice and i think my heart grew 3 sizes." i explain. or try.

"haha! what a reference. i hope that's me and gavin in a few months." when i wasn't texting anyone and  ignoring everyone, mallory managed to get herself a mans.

she really likes him and i hope they become more. "i gotta go. my dad's calling me. see you on saturday. love you." i say bye and end the the call.

I went downstairs into the living room where everyone was. I sat next to hayes with the biggest smile on my face.

"why're you all smiley?" mom asks. "I got on the dance team!" I yell out. "really? ohhh yay. that's so exciting." she says coming over to hug me.

"this calls for a celebration." she leaves, going into the kitchen. she came back with a huge bottle of wine in her hand, with wine glasses.

"mom! i'm not 21." i laugh. "oh these aren't for you. these are for me and james. you guys can have chocolate or soda." she shrugs.

"wow. you're such a great mom." i joke. "let's take an uber to starbucks." hayes suggests. "yes! I LOVE YOU." i get on him, hugging him.

he carries me outside and puts me down. after getting our uber, we head to starbucks and head inside.

hayes ordered for me while i sat at a table for two. as my chin rested on my palm, my phone buzzed.

sean 🏈: about that rumor you
were talking about ??

me: yeahh, what's the deal with that ?

sean 🏈: the rumor is that people seem to think we have a thing since we hadn't really seen each other in a long time.

me: really ?? lmaoo that's funny. they would have been right in 7th grade 🤷🏻‍♀️

sean 🏈: wait what ??

me: yeahh ... i used to have the biggest crush on you. my friends made fun of me since all i talked about was you smh

sean 🏈: really? well, i'm flattered. well guess what? i got my permit 🤪

me: everyone is getting their permit. i have to wait since i'm not 14 yet. 🙄

sean 🏈: when's your birthday ??

me: oct. 13. btw, ur invited lol. it'll only be a few of my closest friends. u a close friend now.

sean 🏈: aye i'll be there. i'll see ya tomorrow

i left it at that and hayes finally came with our orders. "you take forever." i say, sipping on my drink. "shut up." he says. i chuckle as he holds up his drink.

i hold up mine next to him. "to you. my awesome, funny, loving, caring, beautiful, talented twin sister. i love you." he says smiling.

"aww hayes, you're gonna make me cry." i sniff. "i love you too brother." i smile at him, as we drink.

————————
i had a lot of ideas for this book and it's a lot if you haven't noticed by now lol. - ash 🥂
4/13/18