29

claire;

over the next 2 weeks, i had made some pretty cool new friends and was beyond happy about it. i started ballet again since i couldn't come to the classes over the summer. it was great to be back.

sean and me had kept on encountering each other and i had a feeling it wasn't by accident. i hadn't told my mom about me and wes and i didn't know why.

even worse is that nash has a football game at school on friday and so does wes. i'm stuck, not wanting to hurt nash's nor wes' feelings.

wednesday 👩🏻‍💻

it was the end of the school day and today i had ballet practice, yay! haley, charlie and callie all had drivers ed today since they're old enough to get in.

unlike me, who's not even 14 yet. me and hayes both decided since we can't get in yet, we'll do it together when we turn 14.

we waited for our mom to come pick us up. as we waited, hayes spoke up.

"isn't she pretty?" hayes asked. i looked to where he was staring and i could not believe my eyes. he was staring at scarlett. "ew." i whispered.

"what?" he says, turning to me. "umm, nothing. but her? c'mon hayes. you can do a little better." i say. "why? what's so bad about her?" he asks.

"nothing. it's just she can be a little mean sometimes." i shrug, looking down. "what do you mean by that?" he asks curiously.

"you know what? never mind. go for it hayes." i smile. "no tell me." he shakes me. "i'd rather not." i say, starting to get teary eyed.

i told myself i would never let her get to me, but i think she has. i remember when she basically called me fat even though there's nothing wrong with being fat or just being a little chubby.

"claire? are you okay? you're crying." he reaches for my hand, holding it in his. "huh? yeah. i'm okay." i pull my hand away, wiping my tears.

"are you sure? you know you can tell me anything." he says. "i'm good. no need to worry." i smile sadly at him. i know he knows something is wrong but he doesn't push my any further and lets it go.

after ballet

i said bye to willow as her mom pulled up. i pulled my knees up to my chest as i looked through instagram. i decided to post something since i hadn't in a long time and i felt like it honestly.

i hadn't posted a selfie in a long time so i decided i might as well do it.

573 likesclaireg: love ur self 💞 comments: lulu_king: yes ! charliemaxxwell: ik i do malloryb02: ✨✨ callie

573 likes
claireg: love ur self 💞
comments:
lulu_king: yes !
charliemaxxwell: ik i do
malloryb02: ✨✨
callie.pollard: powerful
haleywalters1: ^^
wesleyyadamss: beautiful

wes' comment made me blush and i was replying when nash texted that he was here. i grabbed my stuff and headed out, seeing nash in his car.

i got in, closing the door and he drove off. it was quiet as it was starting to rain and nash spoke up. "so, hayes told me what happened." i was lost.

"what happened?" i ask curiously. "he said you started to cry. what's that about?" he asked. "oh, nothing. just allergies." i shrug.

"girl, you don't have any allergies. now tell me." he says as he stopped at a light. "just school. you know. the stress." i laugh.

"well are you coming to the football game? almost everyone's going." he says. i don't respond at first, not knowing what to say. in the end, i just shrug. the light turns green and he drives off.

when we get home, i greet my mom and james, i go up into my room, closing the door and locking it. i got onto my laptop, going to the school website.

see, i found out that there's a dance team at my school and i decided to give it a try so i'm auditioning.

i'm filling out the application when wes face times me. i accept and a few seconds later like always, his face pops up.

"hey." i smile. "hey. i saw your post. did you see what i commented?" he asks. i nod my head, starting to blush. "aww. so are you coming to my football game?" he asks.

i groan inside, not wanting to answer or face this question. i stay silent, filling out the application. "claire?" he asks. "i have a feeling."

"what're you feeling?" i ask. "i have a feeling you haven't told your mum about us." (LMAOO! mum). "why would you think that?" i ask dumb founded.

"you haven't, have you?" he asks. i shake my head no in response. "claire. you promised." he says. "i know. it just hasn't really come up." i defend.

"really? or is it that you don't want her to know i'm dating you?" he asks. "why would you think that? no, i just don't want her to tell me i can't date you." i say.

"well you never know unless you try. isn't that what you kinda told me back in new york?" he says. "yeah. ok, i promise i'll tell her by tonight." i say.

"alright. i should get ready for bed. hopefully i'll be seeing you on friday." he smiles. "goodnight." i say. he says it back before hanging up.

i closed my laptop and headed downstairs into her office where she was on her desktop. i sat down at one of the chairs across from her desk and she looked up at me.

"hey honey." she says, typing away. "hey. what're you doing?" i ask. "just work. did you have to tell me something?" she asks again.

"why do you assume i always have to tell you something?" i ask, trying to avoid what i have to say. "because you don't really talk when it's something important." she stops to look at me.

"well, there's this thing i've been keeping secret for a while now. please don't get mad when i tell you." i say. "oh no. claire what did you do?" she asks.

"nothing. it's just, over the summer i got really close to a guy and then he kinda asked me to be his girlfriend and i kinda said yes." i shrug.

"oh. i know." she says. "i'm sorry for never-. wait what?" i ask confused now. "claire, you act like i've never had a boyfriend." she chuckles.

"how'd you know?" i ask. "since school started, you've been dressing up all cute. you never dress up that much for school. but i want to meet him. when is he available?" she smiles.

i don't know what to say as i'm surprised by her reaction. "i'll ask." i say. i go back up to my room texting wes immediately.

wes😽: she wants to meet me?!

me: yes! when am i meeting your parents

wes😽: soon darling, soon

me: aw, darling! i love that word

wes😽: goodnight darling 😚

———————
hey guys! i've been sick most of the week and it's awful. i still am but it's not as bad so i figured i'd finish this chapter. hope you enjoyed - ash 🎾
3/3/18