10

claire:

callie: happy new year you guys 💓💓!!
haley: um callie ... new years was like 8 days ago. it's now the 9th and today is the first day back to school so ur freakishly late

me: ^

charlie: ^
callie: well sorry, my mom didn't really let me go on my phone that much. she said to enjoy the beach and sun and the food, which i did. but i missed talking to you guys !

me: aww we missed you too callie (:

charlie: are you guys ready for the first day back to school ??!!
callie: lololololol no :/ school is ass, but it's good for you in a way so ...
haley: do you guys have new years resolutions ??

me: no, bc i never end up doing them oops. but i have something to tell you guys when i see you 👀

callie: tell us now !!
haley: YES TELL US I HATE WAITING !!
charlie: yeah me too. you know i'm not the most patient person ever 🤧

me: sorry. but see you soon (: 💞

mom had decided that she wanted to drop me and hayes off on our first day back, as if it were the first day of the new school year, but I didn't mind. it was freakishly cold outside, but not as worse as it was in NY. i don't think I would have survived staying there any longer, but i'd go back in the summer if could.

i wore a navy sweatshirt that said NEW YORK in white bold letters that i got from NY and leggings, with black high top converse, gold hoop earrings, the small ones, and perfume by Coach that james insisted to buy for me.

i gave mom a kiss goodbye and got out of the car as did hayes. as we walked towards the entrance, one of haye's football friends went up to him and they bro hugged and all this other crap so i went to go find charlie and the others. i found them in the courtyard sitting at a table. "guys!" i said walking towards them.

they instantly got up and we got into a group hug. we sat down afterwards and charlie spoke up. "so what was so important it had to wait?" she rested her elbow on the table with her hand on her chin, waiting for an answer. "umm, i'm doing ballet again." ever since i did those pirouettes before we left for NY, i just wanted to do more and told my mom.

she wasn't really in agreement since ballet took up almost half of my day, but she ended up agreeing with me and i was so happy. "ohhh claire !! i'm so happy for you. you've always loved ballet." haley said. "yeah, you barely texted us since you were always practicing but hopefully this time, it's not like that." callie smiles at me.

"are you doing that pointe thingy with the shoes?" charlie asked. "i don't know. my mom doesn't want me to get tired when i've just started but it wouldn't really make a difference." i explained.

charlie nodded and the bell rung signaling first period so i got up and said bye to charlie and haley and left with callie to math.

————————

"10:36!" was the time coach harrison yelled out as i crossed the finish line for the mile. i stopped as soon as i heard my time and had my hands on my lower back panting. a few seconds later, charlie came through and finished as well and just barely walked over to me and panted with me. ( lol, i hate the mile ).