07

note; this chapter will mostly be of her friends at her moms. also, i've changed some names so if you're confused, then go back to the last chapters and you'll get it. enjoy (: | -ash 💞

Claire:

"come on claire! i really want to get closer to danny! we're going bowling and i don't want to be there alone with him." callie said as i closed my locker. i turned to her and said,"if you want to get closer to him, then i probably shouldn't be there. callie, you're basically going on a date."

"i know! that's the thing. I've never been on a date! i don't think i can handle it." she said as we walked to the cafeteria. "well, I've never been on a date either but i don't want to be a thirdwheel." i said. "then bring haley or charlie." she said as we walked inside the almost packed cafeteria.

"won't danny mind?" i asked. we sat down at our usual table right by the windows that showed the tables and seats outside where you can also eat lunch. "i don't think so. look ill ask him ok?" she said taking out her phone. she started texting, im assuming, danny.

so while she did that i opened my lunch bag that has zig zag designs all over it with different colors and got out what my mom packed me. i don't eat the cafeteria food because it's yuck. as i was doing that, haley made her way over to the table. she sat across from me while callie sat next to me.

"hey haley." i smiled at her. "hey claire. it started raining outside while we were running laps and my hair got all wet and now it stinks." she complained. "that sucks." i said eating some strawberrys. "ok, so turns out danny is ok with you going. so that means you can come!" callie said locking her phone.

"damn. i was planning on staying home saturday too." i said looking at her. "what're y'all talking about?" haley looked confused. i told her what callie told me. "oh my gosh callie ! you're going on a date. aw that's so cute. but if you want claire to go with you, then you should just tell danny another time since you're so scared." haley adviced.

"im not scared. im nervous. what if i do or say something wrong?" callie said. "you won't callie. just be you." i assured. "I'll text danny back and say you can't come anymore." callie said. "thank god! because i think i would have died if i had to go." i exaggerated. i kept talking to haley when callie looked up from her phone perplexed.

"where's charlie?" she asked looking around the cafeteria. "maybe she didn't feel like coming today." i assumed. "no, i saw her in science this morning." haley said. haley got her phone to text charlie so i did the same thing. i was unlocking my phone when i saw charlie come through the double doors.

i put my phone down as she walked to the table and sat down next to haley. "hey guys." she said. she got out her lunch bag as we stared at her. "what?" she said looking at us. "where've you been?" callie asked. "oh. there's this new student and the principal called me in to show her around." she answered.

"oh. what's her name?" i asked. "her name's Scarlett. to be honest, she kinda scares me. she acts all preppy and has this thing with her hair where it has to be perfect at all times." she said. "she might be from California." haley said. "why move here then? i wouldn't." callie said.

"i hope she's not mean or anything like that." i said. "it must be hard being the new girl though. not knowing anyone." haley said taking out a pop tart. "ooh share!" i squeled. she gave me a piece and i ate it instanlty. "i think she'll be fine with making friends. she is sitting with the captain of the cheer squad." charlie said.

i looked behind me to see a girl with wavy blonde hair sitting next to jane, the captain of the cheer squad. she was wearing denim short-shorts with a blue crop top and D & G leather sneakers. her nails were painted white and she had gold hoop earrings on. they were laughing like they were friends since pre-k. it was weird. i turned back around.

"she's really pretty though." callie said. "i could see why they'd be friends." "if she's friends with her, imagine who else will want to be her friend." haley said. "and all the guys too." charlie pointed out. i decided to change the subject and said, " so will is back." they all immediately turned their attention to me. "really?" charlie exclaimed. "since when?" callie asked. "since yesterday. he surprised me and i shed some tears here and there." i explained.

"aw. why didn't you tell us?! or me? we went to the movies yesterday?" haley said. "it just never came up." i said. "wait, you guys went to the movies and didn't invite us?" callie asked. "it never came up?" haley mocked.

i met callie in 6th grade like haley, but I've known charlie longer. since 3rd grade. every friend before that, they moved or i don't talk to them as much. as i finished my yogurt, the bell rang.

i threw away all my trash and grabbed my lunch bag and book bag. we all waited for charlie to finish cleaning up ,"cmon charlie we're gonna be late to science." i said.

"since when have you wanted to be early to science?" she questioned as we walked to thw 2nd floor."never. but we only have 2 days left of school so i want to get it over with!" i said.

----------

after i got home i immediately went up to my room and took a nap on my bed. i woke up a little later at 4 and changed into sweats and a sweatshirt. i went downstairs into the living room and plopped down on the couch next to will who was watching some game on tv. it turns out that we had to go outside after it rained. "you look drained." will said looking at me.

"don't remind me." i said putting my head on his shoulder. "im sorry." he said putting his hand over my shoulder. "where's mom?" i asked. "she went to buy some things with hayes." will answered.

"where's nash?" i asked again. "in his room." he said. "ill be back." i said and got up. i went up the stairs to nash's room and went in without knocking. he was laying on his bed on his phone. "hey nash." i said getting in bed. "hey." he responded. "what you up too?" i asked. "nothing much. but we might spend Christmas in new york." he said putting his phone down and looked at me.

I've never been to new york so this was shocking to me. i immediately sat up. "really?" i asked. "yeah. i told mom how down you've been since their divorce and uh, she said she would think about it." he said also sitting up. "why'd you tell her that?" i asked. "because I want you to be happy no matter what. i hate seeing you so sad." he shrugged his shoulders.

i gave him a big ass hug after that and left his room to go into the movie room. will joined me and we watched this weird movie that he picked out but i didn't care. i was in a happy mood and i wasn't gonna let anyone ruin it.

------
8/10/17