28

claire;

"get up hayes!" i grab his pillow and hit him with it. "ow. ok i'm up. now get out. i'm gonna change." he says, rubbing his eyes.

i chuckle before leaving his room and heading downstairs. it was currently 6:21 and i had just gotten ready. today was the first day of the next 4 years of high school.

it was weird having to get up so early again. i had forgotten that feeling since it had been so long.

i wore a crêpe blouse from H&M, skinny jeans from H&M and my birkenstocks. i wore some bracelets just to add a little touch. i wore simple mascara just because i didn't feel like doing anything big.

my mom was packing our lunch while i grabbed some banana bread. hayes came walking down a few seconds later, getting some of my banana bread.

"hey! get your own." i said. "no thanks." he smiles and sits down at the counter. i roll my eyes sitting next to him.

"first day back!" nash jumps into the kitchen, grabbing a pop tart. "why're you so excited?" i ask. "he made the football team." hayes rolled his eyes.

"didn't you try out?" i ask. "yep. and he didn't make it!" nash laughs. "shut the fuck up man!" hayes snaps, throwing some bread his way.

he barely misses and nash smirks. "hayes! language!" mom warns. he sighs, getting up and heading out of the kitchen, purposely bumping into nash.

"you're such an ass." i mumble to nash as i walk past him. i found hayes in the car on his phone. i got in, sitting next to him.

"are you okay?" i ask. "no. i'm just really upset about not making the team." he replys. "well there's always lacrosse and wrestling. plus you can always try out next year." i reassure.

"but it's not the same." he sighs. "at least you won't have to be on the same team with nash." i chuckle. "yeah. thanks for trying." he says. "anything for you. you're my twin." i give him a hug before going inside.

school 🏫

so with it being the first day, it was pretty hectic at school. there were kids everywhere trying to get direction since some people didn't come to orientation.

i'm kinda glad i went now cause i'd be completely lost right now. i said bye to hayes but not nash cause i was mad at him for the whole hayes thing.

on the way to my first class, wes texted me.

wes 😽: have a great first day, wish i was there

me: you too ☺️

i headed for the third floor where my first class is and it was a struggle. eventually, i got there and sat down at a table in the middle of the room.

there were some kids inside, so i just waited till the bell rang. before it did though, callie walked through the door with the biggest smirk on her face.

she sat next to me, not saying anything. until i spoke up. "hey call-" she interrupted me saying, "guess who i just saw?" i shrug.

"sean! wow, he really grew. i mean, not like that. but you know what i mean." she chuckles. "what'd you say?" i asked. "if he remembered me. he does!" she exclaims.

"i thought you hated him." i said. "that was before i knew he would grow up looking handsome." she defends.

"but i would never. you used to have a crush on him after all." she says, while on her phone. "it wasn't that big of a crush." i defend.