20

claire;

i was playing rock, paper, scissors with taylor as we waited for everyone to get ready. we were going to dinner down town at this fancy restaurant.

i wore a white ruffle eyelet crop top from Hollister, camel cord mini skirt from top shop and white Birkenstocks.

I wore small silver hoop earrings from coach as well as a gold flower ring and a multi chain necklace. I had my hair up as usual and mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and for once highlight.

I was going to wear a cardigan but it was actually hot outside and I didn't want to be sweating or dying of heat. one by one, everyone started coming down and everyone looked nice.

haley wore a black dress that was mid thigh with 2" heels, lulu was in pants, off the shoulder shirt and also 2" heels. they all looked gorgeous.

once everyone was ready, we got in separate cars and left. i was really quiet on the rider there because nash had to sit right next to me.

i was still very mad at him. i know he's being protective, but it's not like we're going to do bad things. i have a brain and i know how to use it.

wes would never make me do anything i don't want to do. at least i think. as i thought to myself, nash nudged me. "we're here." he muttered, getting out.

wes came in the other car so when he came out, i immediately went over to him. "wow. this place is fancy." he said as we walked in.

"yes, indeed." i imitate his accent. "your accent needs some work." he sat down as we waited to be seated. "good thing my boyfriend is british." i say, sitting down next to him.

"boyfriend. i like that word." he grins. i giggle.

nash;

it's so weird. seeing my only little sister, all cuddled up to some guy she calls her boyfriend. it's scary to think about. it means she's growing up.

i know i don't really have a say in who she dates. i mean, i'm not her father. i'm just her brother. but it doesn't mean i don't care.

it's hypocritical of me, since i've had girlfriends. i don't understand how hayes is okay with it, even Will. she probably hasn't even told mom.

then again, she does seem happier than she was a few months ago. ever since mom and dad got divorced. she was distant and it made me sad.

it really hurt a few nights ago when we had that fight. it made me so mad seeing her cry. i felt guilty. she doesn't talk to me at all now.

i decided that as i sat there, watching them talk amongst themselves, i needed to accept the fact that she's growing up.

i honestly thought i was going to lose her after mom and dad got divorced. she rarely ate and only came out to go to school. it sounds cliche but it's true.

hayes;

it makes me happy to see claire so happy. i don't get why nash isn't as accepting about it. i'm glad wesley came into her life.

she went out more. she showed more life than a couple months before. she had her friends, but it didn't really make a difference, in my opinion.

now nash and claire are in a little war and aren't talking. at least that's how i see it. i hope he realizes how better she's gotten and just stop fighting.

wes; ( ahh, my baby greg ) (in that british accent y'all, just imagine it lol )

i watched as claire giggled at something funny i'd said. she was perfect in my eyes. i loved her smile, her laugh, especially.

she had a personality that i really liked. she was funny, caring, adventurous and freakishly smart. i mean, she got student of the year.

she can dance. what else can she do? sing? she'd be a triple threat. "hey, can you sing for me?" i ask. she gives me a confused look.

as she's about to answer, a waiter comes to seat us. we sit at this long white, table. i obviously sit myself next to claire. she sits next to tyler, and across from hayes. i sit across from her dad. (yikes)

"so, wesley is it?" he asks, looking through the menu. "yes sir." i say. "call me chad. after all, you're dating my daughter." he gives me a smile.

"so, you play any sports?" he asks. "i've always liked lacrosse. i was thinking of trying out in high school." i respond. "nice. you and hayes should tryout together. claire, is he going to the same school you guys are?" he asks her.

she turns to us. "umm, i don't know. he hasn't told me. you are going to davidson high, right?" she asks. "i don't know either." i shrug, not wanting to lie.

"oh. well i hope you go to davidson. cause they have the best lacrosse team. i should know. i played the four years i went there." he said.

"really? now i really would rather go to davidson." i say. he chuckles.

claire;

i was so happy my dad and wes were getting along. i got really nervous when i asked wes if he was going to davidson. i'd die if he didn't go there.

it just means less time to see him. although, it wouldn't be so bad. i don't have to see him every waking minute.

the food was so good. i forgot what i got since i ate it so fast. once we got home, i was really tired. i went into the kitchen and grabbed some water.

i looked through instagram as i drank my water when nash walked in. i got up and went to wash my cup and put it away.

as i was about to leave, nash stopped me. "can you sit down?" he asks. i sigh and sit down at the counter. i waited for him to start talking.

"I know you're really mad at me for how I feel about wes and you. I just I wanted to say I'm really sorry. you're right. I should let you date who you want to and its not right of me to say if you should date."

"thanks for apologizing. just know that no matter what, I'll still be your little sister." I go over to him and embrace him in a hug.

"just so you know, if anything ever happens, i'll be there to break his face." he says. "and you ruined the moment." i say, letting go.

"you must really like him." he says. "duh. he's so funny and i like his personality. oh, and the accent." i say. "i figured." he said.

"but you could've worn something a little less ... revealing." he said. "ugh, nash. i'm not fighting about this. i'm going to sleep." i say getting up.

"good night. i love you." he yells. "i love you too." i yell back, and headed into my room where the girls were getting ready for bed.

——————
smh, y'all i had writers block with this and i'm glad i finished. i can't wait to start the next chapter. i'm going to go all out - ash 😚
12/23/17