47

claire;

for the time being, i was going to have my hair up in a pony tail every day even though it was mostly always in a pony tail every single day lol.

i went downstairs to the family room sitting next to Will. "how'd you sleep?" he asked. i sigh thinking about what happened to my hair and searching up on my laptop. "like a baby." i lie.

i never fell asleep. i was too scared more hair would fall out if i moved my head around too much. i put concealer under my eyes to hide the bags.

i put the hair that was on my bed in a ziplock bag, hiding it under my pillow like little kids did with teeth. "how was thanksgiving with wes?" hayes sits down.

"it was great. his family is so funny and british." i laugh. "i can't believe they celebrate it." hayes says. "i know right." i agree.

skip school ; at home 🏡

"mom hurry up i'm going to be late for ballet. and we have to learn a bunch of new choreography." i say. "well you're not wearing your hair down. c'mere i'll brush it for you." she says.

"no i can do it there mom." she sits me down grabbing the comb on my vanity. "no i'll do it." she says. i try grabbing the comb from her but it's no use since she says my name sternly.

i sigh, as she unties my hair. i close my eyes, waiting for her to gasp or scream but she doesn't. i calm myself just in time for her to gasp.

"oh my god claire. your hair! why's it coming out in strands?" she asks. it's weird it's coming out in strands but yet there's no bald spot yet. maybe i have really thick hair i think.

or it's because they're really thin strands. i turn around seeing more of my hair in her hands. i shrug in response. "oh honey. it's going to be okay. we're going to the ER." she says.

i stand up as she's rummaging through my drawer for extra clothes i'm guessing. "is that necessary mom it's just hair. i have to go to ballet and now i'm late." i whine.

"sweetie, it might not sound like a big deal but you never know. ballet can wait, now here. put these on. hospital clothes." she hands them to me and pushes me into my bathroom.

i change into the leggings and knit sweater which is way bigger on me now. i smile knowing i must've lost weight if it's bigger on me now.

i walk back out, wanting to walk back in the bathroom again and staying in there forever. my mom is holding the ziplock bag full of my hair and looks up when i walk out.

she sighs putting it down. "do you think the hair fairy will come for it later?" she jokes. i chuckle, sitting next to her on my bed.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you. plus it only started last night when i got home from wes'." i say. "then maybe it was something they gave you." she ponders.

"mom no. i didn't really eat much anyways." i shrug. "well, let's just go see what's the problem then ok?" she asks. i nod my head, not wanting to go because then she'll find out i've been skipping and not really eating anything.

i put on my birkenstocks as my mom waits in her audi s4. (lmfao i hate doing that but i wanna show an image of what they're driving in so yeah)

"where you going?" hayes asks as i go down the stairs. "none of your business." i say. he sighs moving his hair around.

"look i'm sorry about what i said in the car. it was wrong of me to do that but i had a good reason." he defends. "i forgive but i will not forget. and i'm going to the hospital." i say.