27

claire;

today is orientation day and the only thing i'm excited about is seeing my best friends. everyone signed up for their classes towards the end of eighth grade so you just go to see your new classes.

it was really hot outside, hotter than new york, so i went with a mint green crop top, ripped boyfriend jeans and slip on white vans.

i went downstairs after putting my phone in my pocket and found hayes in the kitchen with shawn

i went downstairs after putting my phone in my pocket and found hayes in the kitchen with shawn. "shouldn't you be back home?" i ask shawn.

he turns around, giving me a smile as i walk in. "what do you mean?" he asks confused. "well school is about to start. shouldn't you be home for that?" i ask, grabbing a pop tart.

"oh, i'm home schooled." he says nonchalantly. "what? why?" i take a bite, sitting down. "since magcon ended, my parents are too lazy to switch me to public school." he shrugs.

"yeah, almost all the guys are home schooled now." hayes chuckles. "except me." he frowns. "don't forget me." nash walks in.

"excuse me." he says. "what?" i ask. "what're you wearing?" he says, looking me up and down. "clothes." i shrug. "no you're not. go change."

i groan. "but it's hot outside. you're not my mom." i roll my eyes. "let's go guys!" my mom yells. "too late now. gotta go." i grab hayes' arm and we head outside.

"shotgun!" i yell, getting in the front seat. "ugh, fine." he says, getting in the backseat. on the way, we pick up charlie since her parents are already at the school.

charlie's parents are filthy rich. that's why they can afford that big of a lake house. they love to be a part of charlie's school activities.

it makes me worry that they're pressuring her on doing well in school. her mom is a lawyer and her dad is an entrepreneur who owns many, many buildings.

we spend the most time together and have more pictures together. it makes sense that i'm really close to her.

"hey charles!" that's my nickname for her. she hates it but i don't, i think it's funny. "i don't want to go to orientation. it's gonna be boring." she sighs.

"at least i'll be with you. and callie and haley." i smile. "we might not have the same classes though." she reminds me. i totally forgot about that. "then fingers crossed." i say.

davidson high school

there were so many kids at this orientation. i was so surprised. people were everywhere. me, hayes and charlie met up with haley and callie.

that was about an hour ago. now i was with hayes in the gym. we have gym together. i'm kind of glad because i know someone's going to ask if we're twins. just wait.

our gym teacher is actually pretty cool. she's a nice middle aged woman who goes by Mrs. Hendrix. hayes, though, hates her and i don't know why.

the good thing is that we have her at the end of the day. our schedule is a little weird though. we have four classes on one day and the other 4 classes the next day.

we're basically alternating between the 2 sets of 4 classes in a way. hayes is still confused but i'm sure we'll figure it all out soon.

this is the last stop in the orientation thing, thank god. the first 4 classes i have on the first day are;

1 - Foods 1 (literally home ec)
2- English 2 honors (we smart af)
3- beginning dance (even though she can dance)
4- earth science

on the second day, i have the next 4 classes;

1- World History honors (ooh, girl)
2- Spanish 1
3- Algebra
4- P. E
(it looks confusing but you'll catch on, maybe)

me and callie have the most classes while i only have one with charlie. me, hayes and haley have spanish together which i can't wait for.

"i'll be back. i have to use the restroom." i say to my mom and hayes as we walk down the school stairs. "we'll be waiting at the entrance." she says.

i look for the bathroom and finally find it. i do my business and wash my hands. i walk back out, only to run into someone.

"i'm sorry. i was texting somebody." he says. "oh no you're fine." i look up to see his face and he looks really familiar to me.

"oh my god. if it isn't miss claire grier." he says. "i'm sorry. i don't remember you." i shrug. "ouch. i'm sean?" he asks. i shake my head, still not knowing.

"sean anderson?" he asks again. i shake my head again. "we went to the same school throughout middle school, until i left in the beginning of 7th grade." he clarifies.

"ohhh. now i remember you. you always wore a different hat to school." i nod my head. "still do." he points to his white hat around his head.

"so you're going here?" i ask. "yeah. i just got here. gonna go look at all my classes. i'll see you around grier." he smiles, waving as he walks away.

i walk downstairs and head towards the entrance, seeing haley, charlie and callie with hayes and my mom. "i'm back!" i sing.

"what took so long? do you have diarrhea?" hayes asks. "you're nasty. i ran into an old friend." i say. "really? who?" callie asks curiously.

"sean anderson." i say. "what? are you serious? don't play with me." charlie says. "yeah. we talked for like 2 minutes and then he had to leave." i say.

"didn't you have a crush on him?" hayes asks. "i did. hopefully, though, we can be friends again. he's actually really funny. way back in 6th grade." i say.

"careful claire. get too close and you just might catch a crush on him again." hayes points a finger at me. "i would never." i say, hands on my chest.

"hayes has a point. be cautious claire." callie warned. i roll my eyes. "let's go get chick fil a guys. i'm hungry." i say, changing the subject.

"aye. chick fil a !" hayes yells as we drive off in the car.

———————
again, so late on a school night. but i can't help it you guys. i get so into writing. - ash 🌴
2/21/18