59

hayes;

"that fight seemed pretty intense." sean says. we watched the whole thing. i felt pretty shitty just sitting there as my sister cried.

"what do you think it was about?" i ask. sean shrugs before wes walks in, wet from the rain. "you guys alright?" i ask. he doesn't respond and grabs some clothes before heading into the bathroom.

i look at sean and it's pretty quiet after that. the rest of the guys walk in a few minutes later, also pretty wet from the rain. "got some girls number while we went kayaking." brett smiles, holding up the small paper with numbers on it.

braden rolls his eyes and immediately feels the tension in the room. "what happened?" he asks. "wes and my sister got in a fight." i said.

"finally." brett says and everyone looks at him. "too soon?" he asks. wes walks out and everyone looks at anything but him. "you alright man?" brett asks.

"yeah, i'm good." he answers. "you wanna grab some food?" milo asks. he nods his head and waits for everyone to change.

"you coming hayes?" tyler asks. "i'll catch up with you guys later." i say. "sean?" he asks. "i already ate." he nods his head before they leave.

"well, im gonna go see what went down with that." i say, leaving sean alone. i walk across to claire's cabin and see her on her bed, her face buried in the white pillow.

"claire, what happened?" i asked. "go away hayes." she says. "claire, why were you crying?" i ask and she doesn't respond. "cmon claire. i hate seeing you cry and maybe i can help. i can beat his ass for you if you want." i say sitting on the edge of her bed.

she gets off the bed, standing while talking. "why'd you tell wes all my business?" she asks. "what business?' i ask, getting up. "he told me you told him that me and sean went to the beach together those last few months of school."

i think about it for a few seconds before saying, "yeah. so?" "wes thinks i have feelings for sean. and it's all your fault." she sits back on her bed, folding her arms.

"how is that my fault? honestly, i get why he's mad. you're spending more time with your guy friend than your boyfriend. ... do you have feelings for him?" i ask.

"no! wes just over reacts about everything." she rolls her eyes. "i don't know claire." i sit next to her and she makes a confused face.

"what's that supposed to mean?" she asks. i thought about telling her about what sean told me that day at school. i thought it would probably make things worse so i decided not to.

"nothing. the point is that you need to go apologize to him." i say. "me?! he should be apologizing to me. he's assuming i have a crush on sean just because we hang out a lot." she defends.

"but think about this. if he was hanging out with another girl more than you, how would you feel?" and with that in her mind, she doesn't say anything else. after a few seconds i say, "apologize." and leave the cabin.

next day 😌

claire;

i told the girls everything when they didn't see me at the lake where we would meet up in the afternoon yesterday. they all agreed with hayes and said i was at fault and i should apologize.

what hayes said yesterday really got to me and i understood now. i was pretty scared to talk to wes since we hadn't fought like that. i just wanted to be alone today and the girls understood.

i slept in and told callie to make up an excuse for me if a counselor asked where i was. i'd woken up at 12:34 pm and i wasn't hungry.

i was a little scared that the fight between me and wes was going to trigger my anorexia and i let it worry me. i took a shower and changed into one of wills' shirts since i missed him right now.

i put on some white shorts and my white low top converse. i put my hair in a messy ponytail and was heading outside when i ran into sean. "so sorry claire. just wanted to see if you were okay." he says

"yeah i'm okay. where you headed?" i asked. "hayes wants to go waterskiing so that's that." he says. "i would come but i haven't eaten." i frown.

"i can come with you. i'm sure hayes won't mind." he shrugs. "thanks but i'd rather be alone right now." his smile fades quickly and says, "oh, i understand. hope you feel better." he leaves before i can say anything and i feel bad immediately.

7:38 pm ⚡️

i'm sitting on a rock by the lake as the sun sets after going to eat. the sun reflects against the lake and there's a little bonfire going on a few yards away from me. they're dancing to the music playing and hey there delilah starts playing. (hehehehe)

i put my feet up to my chest and just stare at the water and the cotton pink sky. out of nowhere i see wes sitting down on the rock next to me. my cheeks feel hot and i start getting nervous.

"nice sunset isn't it?" he asks. i don't say anything and i can feel his eyes on me as i watch the water. he sighs and asks, "have you been avoiding me?"

"no." i say. "claire. i know you. don't lie." he says. i finally look at him and realize just how much i miss him. ( i couldn't find a pic of him that matched this and i failed oop 😤 )

i don't know what to do as we sit there quietly, the only thing heard being the music. finally i say, "you were right." wes looks up from the ground at me.

"i should have been spending all that time with you. if i was you in this situation, i would have been livid which you are." i explain. "i'm sorry. i'm so sorry wes. i didn't realize it earlier and i was being dumb. i really don't have feelings for sean. we're just friends. i promise." i say.

he sits next to me this time and slowly grabs my hand in his. "i know you don't have feelings for him. thinking about it now, i shouldn't have assumed that and for that, i'm sorry." he says.

he puts his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him and i lean my head on his shoulder. he gives my forehead a kiss and says, "i missed you."

"i missed you too."

——————————
this took toooooo tooooooooooo toooooooooooooo toooooooooooooooooooooo tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. 🥴
- ash 🌟
62319