New Kid (Todd Haynes [Kick-Ass] x OFC )

Her honey-colored eyes gazed with confusion at her class schedule. Her new school had assigned her all advanced classes on account of her high grades & test scores. As a Junior, it meant that most of her classes would be with Seniors & she could graduate by the end of this year, shortening her high school experience to just three years.

She had just moved to this new state only last week & the school year had already began. It was her first day, although it was everybody's elses third week of classes. The halls were cluttered with people, something she wasn't used to in her old, small high school. It wasn't a private school, but it was one of those high schools that required acceptance in order to attend. That school only had two halls: one for Freshmen & Sophomores & the other for Juniors & Seniors. This school was different. There were four halls just on the bottom level! Needless to say, she was overwhelmed. Thankfully, she arrived to school super early so, she had plenty of time to roam around & try to find all her classrooms & locker.

Contrasting from the uniform she had grown accustomed to, she was wearing what she usually wore outside of school. Most of the time, it was just jeans & band shirts or graphic tees with her favorite Converse or Doc's, & today was one of those times. It was a Def Leppard, distressed black jeans, & Doc's day, to be exact. She had her messenger bag slung over one shoulder, her skateboard in one hand, & her schedule in the other. She was sure she looked out of place. Sure, there were a lot of kids that were dressed casually like herself, but their casual was Aeropostale shirts & Nordstrom jeans, not her thrift store finds & hand-me-downs. Her alternative style was definitely making her feel like a sore thumb, but then again, it always had. She hadn't met many other people like herself & those that she had met were all online friends. It was clear that here would be no different.

As she perused the lockers for her number, she didn't notice the boy who was putting stuff into his own locker. He noticed her & her look of absolute confusion & couldn't help but smile at the pretty girl, "Need some help?"

She looked up at him, surprised that someone was actually talking to her. She turned around to make sure it actually was her he was addressing before turning back to him & nodding almost desperately, "Yes please, I have no idea where my locker or classes are."

He gently took her schedule from her hands & smiled, "Hey that's right next to me!" he patted the locker to his left & she smiled with relief. At least to she'd know someone.

She set her skateboard down as she carefully did the lock with slow precision, not wanting to mess up. It took her a few times but eventually she cracked the lock, opening her new locker. She stuffed her skateboard into it & locked it once more. The boy smiled & this time, she noticed his dimples, "I'm Todd," he stuck out his hand & she took it shyly, shaking it as she told him her name.

"I'm Max. Nice to meet you, Todd."

"Right back at you, Max," he looked back down at her schedule & grinned, "Well, lucky for you, we have every class together except for math," he raised his eyebrows, "Calculus huh? Damn I'm barely surviving Trig."

She shrugged & smiled, "I just started heavy math classes early on."

He rolled his eyes, "Oh don't be so humble; you're a genius."

She laughed, "Well thanks, Todd."

He smiled, "Anytime," the two of them walked together as he began giving her a tour of the school, along with a few tid-bits of history about each place, "And this is the science building, where one of our teachers caught on fire during an experiment. First time we ever used a chemical shower."

"My God, was she alright?"

"Oh yeah she was fine! Just a small fire on her sleeve; she barely got any burns."