Prompt #21 (Jimmy Darling [AHS] x Reader)

"You're the only one I trust to do this."

------------------------------------------------------

You were a sword swallower, so of course, you had an extensive collection of swords: short ones & long ones, thick ones & thin ones, aluminum ones & steel ones, but no matter the type of knife, they all had one thing in common: they were incredibly sharp & deadly.

Because of that simple fact, you were greatly feared by those who didn't know you very well. Even some of your Freak Show family members were afraid of you. Who wouldn't be? Not only did you have a large array of knives, but you knew exactly how to use them to wound &, if need be, kill.

Jimmy, of course, knew you would never hurt him & that's why he was currently in your trailer, begging you to bring one of your prized knives down onto his wrists. He had one of his episodes where he drank too much & began to loathe his hands more than usual. He had been screaming & yelling at you to cut off his hands for the past half hour while you desperately tried to calm him down.

"Jimmy, you had a little too much to drink & don't know what you're saying."

"I ain't even a li'l' buzzed & I know exactly what I'm saying. Jus' cut them damned things off!"

You sighed, gently taking his hands in yours, "You don't want me to do this. You're going to regret this tomorrow morning when you wake up & see your hands are gone."

"No I won't. I'm sick of lookin' at them damned things," he said sadly, flexing his fingers slightly in your hands.

"Well, I'm not sick of looking at these beautiful hands," you said, making him snort.

"Beautiful? No, they ain't beautiful. You're beautiful, my hands are as ugly as can be," you frowned & he sighed, looking at you, "You're the only one I trust to do this. Please," he begged, "jus' put me out of ma misery."

You sighed, "I'm sorry, Jimmy, but I can't do it," you kissed one of his hands, "I won't do it. I refuse to cut off a part of you. These hands, your hands, are a part of you, but they don't dictate who are. You can still be Jimmy Darling with your hands & you are. "Lobster Boy" is just a character you play, it isn't who you are."

"But I am Lobster Boy & it is who I am. I'll always be Lobster Boy for as long as I have these hands."

You sighed, moving closer to cup his face, "Jimmy, you're so much more than a boy with claws," he smiled a bit at your words. You always knew how to make him feel better, even when he was at his absolute worst.

Unfortunately, his smile didn't last long because he realized that even if those words were true, you still wouldn't love him like he loved you, "Even then, no lady would eva let me touch 'em or kiss 'em."

You smiled at him reassuringly, "I would & I do," you said gently grabbing one of his hands & placing it on your hip. He raised his eyebrows slightly, biting his lip as he cupped your hip in his hand, squeezing it gently. He watched your face for a reaction, expecting you to jump back in disgust or tell him to get away from you, but you just smiled encouragingly. He cautiously brought his other hand to rest on your other hip, eyeing you curiously. Again, you just smiled. Now, it was time for the real test.

He leaned closer to you & you leaned into him, eager to kiss him. You had loved Jimmy since you first came to the Freak Show & that love only continued to grow as your time here increased. When his lips finally touched yours, you pulled him into you & eagerly returned the kiss. His lips were warm & tasted like whiskey & apple pie, reminding you of home. He pulled away gently, just to make sure you were still comfortable with this, but you grabbed his collar & yanked his lips back onto yours before he could speak. He was entirely shocked but eagerly returned your steamy kiss. Your hands gently grazed his neck as you wrapped them around him, pulling you close. He kept breaking away slightly, but you just kept pulling him back & continuing to kiss him. After several moments of this, he eventually started laughing against your lips as he pulled away again, "Wait, wait, doll, I need to breathe."

You placed kisses along his jaw, mumbling, "Breathing is for squares," he laughed again, holding you close. His ragged breaths eventually became normal once more & you immediately went in for another kiss, but again he stopped you. You glared at him, "Jimmy Darling, you better have a damn good reason why you're denying me your kisses."

He smiled & laughed again, "It'll jus' take a secon', I promise," you reluctantly agreed & he bit his lip gently as he looked at you, "Are you sure you wan' this?" he motioned to himself & his hands, "Me?"

You sighed, "Jimmy, if I didn't want you, why the Hell would I be here clearly wanting to kiss you?"

He sighed, "I jus' need to be sure."

You rolled your eyes, "I love you a whole lot but I swear you are an oblivious idiot," you leaned closer, gently grabbing one of his hands & trailing it up your shirt, causing him to blush as you whispered, "You're the only one I trust & want to do this," he shivered softly at your words, but that was all he needed to hear. He instantly pulled your lips back onto his, pulling you into his lap. You eagerly returned the kiss as he scrambled to get you both on your bed, his deformity long forgotten, & you made sure he forgot about them for the rest of the night.