Prompt #16 (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

"This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in.”

------------------------------------------------------

"What could possibly be more important than my final project?" you questioned your mutant friend, slightly annoyed. He had grabbed you from your room, where you were working on your final project for one of your classes that was worth twenty percent of your grade, two hundred points in total. He had raced you over to his room in the X Mansion, where he currently was living & doing training in, without a word. You didn't even know it was him or where you were until you saw that familiar mop of silver hair in front of your eyes. You immediately became pissed off since he knew you were working on a big project yet, he still decided to disturb you for something stupid, no doubt.

"This is very important & only you can help me," he said seriously.

You stared at him for a moment before sighing, "What is it?"

He grinned goofily, "Okay, so the other day, at lunch, Kurt, Scott, Jubilee, Storm, & Jean were all talking about their relationships & shit so of course, I brought up you & I sort of...may have...accidentally said you were my girlfriend??"

Your eyes narrowed at him, "You did what?"

He immediately stuck his hands up in mock surrender, "Okay, okay hear me out. They were being so mean & saying how no one would ever like me or date me because I'm so annoying & childish & it really hurt my feelings. I was just trying to defend myself because I knew that once they saw how gorgeous you were, they would lay off my backs."

"Wait a minute," you stared at him in shock, "You brought me all the way over here just so I could pretend to be your girlfriend?" he nodded, smiling sheepishly, "This is definitely not more important than my project! This is ridiculous."

He frowned, "Come on, please? I promise you only have to meet them this once. Just do this one thing for me & I promise I'll never ask you for another favor ever again."

You snorted, "Oh, I highly doubt that."

"Okay fine, this won't be the last time but...I'll owe you one. A favor for a favor?" he pleaded desperately.

You sighed, "Peter, they're going to notice that we're not in love with each other. We only have platonic chemistry," you lied. Deep down, there was much more than platonic chemistry between you & your friend, at least on your end.

He grinned, "I figured you would say that. So, let's take a trip, shall we, down memory lane?"

You groaned, "I'd rather get whiplash."

He rolled his eyes but otherwise ignored your comment, "Remember how literally everyone at our high school thought we were dating for like two years? Hell even my Ma thought we were dating. I'm pretty sure they'll buy it."

"What about Jean? Isn't she a telepath? She could read our minds & realize we're bullshitting them all."

"Just make sure all your thoughts are about me & that they're all lovey dovey," unbenounced to him, you actually wouldn't have a problem with that, considering most of your thoughts are about how much you love him & want to date him.

You pinched the bridge of your nose in aggravation, sighing, "What exactly is your plan? We go out to eat with them?"

His grin widened, knowing he had you now, "Yes, they want to meet up with us tomorrow at the mall food court. We're just going to go shopping & eat & that's it," he pouted softly, "Please, will you do this? For me?" you exhaled loudly, but you couldn't bring yourself to say no.