Tattoo Shop Romance (Kyle Spencer [AHS] x Reader)

REQUESTED: Kyle Spencer imagine where they meet at the tattoo shop?

------------------------------------------------------

You sat down in the faux leather chair in the makeshift waiting room, trying not to make your anger evident as you mindlessly flipped through the newest edition of Tattoos monthly. You had had this appointment for weeks, eager to finish the kaleidoscope of tattoos you had on your upper arm. You had half sleeves that started at your shoulders & ended just above your elbows on both of your arms, both of which were composed of a bunch of meaningful & small tattoos. You were so excited to finally finish your second shoulder after years of planning & tatooing. So, needless to say, you were pretty pissed about your appointment being pushed back because of a bunch of dumb frat boys who just walked in to get little tattoos that were as dumb as they were. There were so many of them that all the stations were occupied, even your favorite tattoo artist & great friend Adam's station. He was one of the greatest tattoo artists in the country & he had worked with you all these years on your half sleeves. Now, he was wasting his beautiful talent on some dumbass frat boy who didn't have the slightest respect for the tattoo industry.

It was clear you were fuming on the inside, but you kept your composure on the outside. At least the tattoo was something small & you wouldn't have to wait too long. Another plus was how big of wusses these idiots were. You could hear their whining & bitching from the waiting room, causing you to smirk. To top it all off, the only fraternity guy who wasn't getting a tattoo was very attractive & slinging insults at his fraternity brothers. You had laughed out loud a few times, which he noticed & smiled about, making him want to keep insulting his brothers. Maybe your appointment getting pushed back wasn't so bad.

Finally, the dumb frat boy Adam was tatting up was done & he stood up. He went to the register to pay & Adam called you over. You practically jumped out of your seat & rushed over to him excitedly. The cute frat boy watched you, noticing your tattoos & admiring them.

Adam grinned, "Long time no see! You ready to finally get this second bad boy finished?"

You nodded & grinned excitedly, "Hell yeah, man!" Adam laughed & eagerly began tattooing your final tattoo. Your eyes wandered a bit & they landed on the cute & funny fraternity brother you saw earlier. He flashed you a smile & you hesitantly returned it. He watched you for a moment before he shyly made his way over to you.

"Hi, I'm Kyle," he said, outstretching his hand. You told him your name as you outstretched your other hand that wasn't being tattooed, shaking hands with him, "So, what are you getting done?"

"I'm just finishing up my second half sleeve after...how many years, Adam?"

He grinned, "Thirteen."

You giggled, "Thirteen."

Kyle raised his eyebrows, "Thirteen? You don't seem that old."

You laughed, "I'm not. I got my first tattoo when I was fourteen & I've been adding them ever since."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, "Wow, that's kind of crazy," you shrugged, "I would get one myself but my mom would kill me & I think it would interfere with my dream of being an engineer."

You smiled, "That's a lovely dream, but I don't see why you couldn't get a tattoo. If someone judged you for something as minor as a tattoo, why would you want to work with them?"

"Fair point, but I just want to make a good impression."

You raised an eyebrow, "Do you think that I, or other people with tattoos like me, can't make a good impression just because we have ink on our skin?"

His eyes widened, realizing how awful what he said had sounded, "Oh, no no that's not what I--"

You laughed, "Relax, I'm just messing with you. I know that's not what you meant," he sighed with relief, "But if there is a tattoo that you're really itching to get, get it. Don't let the fear of getting judged for it stop you."

He pursed his lips as he considered what you said before smiling, "You're right, I shouldn't let that stop me from getting something I really want. I'll definitely remember that if I ever decide what I actually want to get. Thank you."

You smiled, "No problem."

Adam laughed as he finished outlining the tattoo & began to shade it, "Look at you, being a guidance counselor. You're truly an angel."

You laughed, "Shut up, Adam," he rolled his eyes & continued to tattoo you.

Kyle stayed behind after his frat brothers left, talking with you & getting to know you as you got tattooed. Surprisingly, you both had a lot in common & had good chemistry. He was sweet & funny & an all around lovely person. He made you laugh & smile more than anyone else did, & that opened up a special place in your heart for him. You had only known him for a few hours, but you definitely liked Kyle & you hoped this wouldn't be the last time you guys saw each other & spoke.

When your tattoo was finally done, you got up from the chair & went to look in the mirror. Kyle joined you, eager to see your new ink & your reaction. Once your eyes laid on the fresh tattoo, your face broke out into a huge grin, "My God, Adam, it's so beautiful! Thank you, this was such a long & incredible journey," you pulled him into a grateful hug & he smiled, eagerly returning it.

"Anything for you," you smiled & pulled away, following Adam to the register to pay. You couldn't believe it. After thirteen years, your beloved body art was final complete & you met a wonderful guy in the process.

After you paid, you & Kyle left the shop together & he took you to a deli nearby, where you spent the remainder of the day together. You gave him your phone number & you both stayed in touch, which lead to Kyle eventually becoming your boyfriend. You couldn't be happier.

You had two arms full of inked happiness & passions & a great boyfriend to explain the significance behind each little permanent memory to.