You Know, Don't You? (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

REQUESTED: Quickie finds out his girlfriend has cancer?

------------------------------------------------------

You scrunched your face in distaste as your mind slowly came back to reality. The pain in your lower leg was suddenly known & unbearable, causing you to hiss. You were too afraid to move the tender limb, worried about bursting the staples or ruining the newly-transplanted bone, so you kept still as your body slowly began to wake up from your anaesthesia-induced sleep.

You had just gotten a bone marrow transplant in order to treat the first stage bone cancer you had been diagnosed with a little over a month ago. Thankfully, your doctor had caught it at the earliest possible time, so your chances of survival & recovery were much higher than normal. Furthermore, you were lucky enough to have found a donor so quickly & avoid extensive rounds of chemotherapy. By the time you recovered from this operation, you should be cancer free.

You looked around your room once you were fully awake & you couldn't help but frown. The hardest part of this whole ordeal was having to go through it completely & utterly alone. Your family was back home in another state while you were studying at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters with your boyfriend, Peter. Peter would have been there for you the whole way, but the problem was you didn't tell him about your condition. You were scared & didn't want to worry him, especially considering he could leave at any day on missions with the rest of the X-Men team. That was the last thing he needed, was more worries & stress. Having to save the world was more than enough worry for one person.

What you didn't know; however, was that Charles had "told" Peter that you had been diagnosed & were undergoing surgery. Although he didn't like prying & butting into other people's business, he knew that Peter needed to know because it was a very serious manner that shouldn't be kept hidden. Of course, that made Peter upset, but only for a second before he immediately began to worry about you & your condition. He knew the severity of your current state, but he also knew how good your odds were, & that definitely eased his worries a bit, although not entirely.

Peter had finished up training & heard that your surgery was done, so he showered, changed, & raced over to the hospital, all in a matter of seconds. In the waiting room, he asked & scared a couple nurses as he wondered where your room was, but one eventually told him where you were. He instantly raced to your room, sighing with relief when he saw you sat up, awake, & reading.

You looked up from your book when Peter was suddenly beside you, a large grin spreading across your face, "Peter!" he returned your grinned & leaned in to give you a soft kiss. You kissed him back & pulled him into a tight hug, "What are you doing here?" it took you a moment to realize that if Peter was visiting you at the hospital, then he must know about your diagnosis. Your eyes widened & you looked at him sheepishly, "You know, don't you?"

He smiled sadly, "Yeah, I do."

You sighed softly, "I know I should have told you, but I just didn't want you to worry."

He gently tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, "I know, but you really should have told me."

You looked up at him, "I know."

He gently sat beside you in your bed, letting his hand rest on your other leg that hadn't been operated on, "You feeling okay?"

You nodded, "Yeah, just super groggy," he gently began rubbing circles into your thigh, flashing you a faint smile. You could see the worry & concern in his eyes as he forced a smile, so you gently grabbed his hand to get his attention, "I'm okay, I promise," you squeezed his hand reassuringly. He looked at you for a moment, as if debating whether or not to believe you, before he gave in.

"Good," he said & gently moved close to kiss you. You returned his kiss eagerly, pulling him closer. You both got a little too excited a little too fast when Peter went to turn his body towards you & grip your waist. He brushed against your leg ever so slightly, which instinctively caused you to hike it up, making you gasp at the sudden cramp that enflamed your thigh. You pulled away from Peter's lips, gripping your leg as you tried to slowly move it back to its outstretched & elevated position. Peter watched you worriedly as he helped you, vibrating his hands along the back of your cramps in an attempt to soothe the tense muscles there. Eventually, your calf muscles relaxed & the pain subsided, causing you to sigh with relief.

"Jesus H. Christ that was painful," you grumbled.

"You okay now?"

You nodded & rubbed your eyes, "Yeah, that was just unexpected & incredibly painful."

Peter studied you for a long time before he finally spoke, "Are you...is it...gone?" you knew that he wasn't referring to your cramp now, but rather the cancer.

You smiled softly & nodded, "Yeah, I should be in remission now."

He gently moved to lay down beside you, his head next to yours on the hospital pillow. You laid back down, looking into his chocolate brown eyes. He flashed you his signature, dimpled smile, causing your heart to beat faster. Peter laughed as he heard your heart monitor beep a little faster, giving you away. You blushed slightly but smiled nonetheless, glad to see him not as worried.

"I love you," you said. It was the first time either of you had said the words, but you knew from the beginning of this ordeal that you loved him & you wanted him to know, even if you didn't make it.

The smile that slowly appeared on his face was the biggest & brightest smile you had ever seen him smile. It looked like his lips were going to tear from how far back they stretched. His dimples were so visible that you could practically see the holes in his muscular tissue. You could feel the happiness radiating from that smile & it was so infectious.

"I love you, too," you leaned closer & kissed him gently, which he eagerly reciprocated. It was just a quick kiss, seeing as you were still a bit tired & didn't want a repeat of what happened earlier, but it was enough for the both of you.

Peter gently grabbed your hand, interlocking your fingers with his, & kissed your forehead. You sighed contentedly & felt sleep begin to succumb you once more. The last thing you heard was Peter softly singing to you, his voice hushed & sweet,

"I've looked around enough to know, that you're the one I want to go through time with..."