There Ain't No Black & White (Kit Walker [AHS] x Reader)

REQUESTED: Kit's significant other gets bullied for being with him because she's colored, but fluff/or smut happens when they get home?

*Trigger warning: racism & mention of violence*

------------------------------------------------------

It was such a lovely night, one of the loveliest either of you had seen in a while. The sky was nearly clear, with only a few stray clouds here & there. The stars twinkled alongside the moon, contrasting with the dark & mysterious sky. The night was beautiful & still young.

On account of the nice weather, Kit insisted on taking you out for a romantic stroll for the evening so you could both properly enjoy this fine night. At first, you were hesitant. It was a racist time & people were extremely uncomfortable about colored people, especially white people who intermingled with colored folks. When Kit married you, you were the talk of the town, & none of it was good. Kit received a lot of hate for loving you, but you got the brunt of it. You were always a target & more than not, things had gotten nasty, like the time some awful, racist men egged yours & Kit's house one night & spray-painted disgusting racial slurs on your windows & walls. Needless to say, you were extremely cautious about being out in public & rarely went out, but with the promise of the first wonderful night in a long time & a date with your incredible husband, you caved.

You put on your best & prettiest clothes & dolled yourself up for the date, butterflies swarming excitedly in your stomach. You & Kit hadn't had much time together since Kit's hours got increased & he continued to work the graveyard shift. He usually slept the whole day & worked the whole night, leaving you alone to do housework & occupy yourself with other things.

But, as fate would have it, Kit had this perfect night off so he was able to spend it fully with you. You were so excited & there was no use in taming your butterflies.

"Sweethawt! You ready yet?" Kit called, clearly anxious to already start your date.

"Almost, Kit!" you replied, giving yourself another once over before you trotted down the stairs to your waiting husband.

The moment he saw you cascading down the steps, a beautiful smile graced his lips. You returned his smile, blushing softly as you reached the edge of the steps. Kit extended his arm for you to lace your own with before you both made your way out of the house. He locked up the house & shut off all the lights before the two of you began your late night stroll.

By the time you reached the downtown area of your city, you & Kit were laughing hysterically & talking about everything & nothing. Kit was just finishing a tale about a very rude customer whom he shammed.

"And he throws 'is money at me before drivin' off, but lit'le did he know, I put diesel in 'is car instead of unleaded!"

You laughed, "Oh my God, Kit! You probably destroyed his engine!"

He grinned, "Oh, I definitely did! He came back into the shop the followin' day & had me fix 'is car up."

You laughed, "Well, he deserved it."

"He sure did, that asshole," Kit noticed that you had started to shiver slightly, so he quickly removed his coat & draped it over your shoulders, pressing a kiss to your forehead as he did so. He let his arm wrap around your waist as you snuggled up in his jacket, which was way too big for you, & he pulled you into his side.

For the next hour or so, your date continued swimmingly, the smiles never leaving your faces for the majority of the night; however, the joy was short-lived as a group of dangerous-looking men made their way towards you & Kit.

You both stopped dead in your tracks as one of the men sneered at you, "Well, what do we gots here? A white man & his slave out for a nightly stroll!"

Kit's jaw locked in anger, "Don't ya talk 'bout my wife that way, ya filthy brute!" the gang burst out laughing, clearly not intimidated by Kit.

"Wife?! Well I'll be damned, I didn't know slaves could marry their mastas!" once more, the group roared with laughter as you hid behind Kit & tears began to fall from your face.

Kit held onto you protectively, glaring at the group, "Listen here, assholes: Imma give ya 'bout three seconds to shut your traps before I shut'em for ya," he seethed.

The leader of the pack smirked, "Oh really? Well, then, go right ahead," Kit immediately began to yield his fast back as far as it could go, attempting to achieve as much momentum as possible so he could really punch this asshole.

But you were scared for him, so you gently grabbed his fist & his eyes immediately turned to you, his expression softening, "Kit, please...don't. Just take me home."

Kit looked between you & the guys a few times before he sighed, dropping his fist & clearing his throat softly, "Today's your lucky day fellas; Imma afraid I must be goin'," he shot the guys another death glare before he took your hand & maneuvered you around the group, walking quickly back towards the home you shared. You tried to conceal the tears that fell down your face, but you failed. Your beautifully perfect night was ruined.

Kit eventually saw your tears as you removed his jacket, making him frown, "Don't listen to them assholes, Sweethawt; there's nothing wron' with us."

"Yes there is, Kit!" you protested, "Everything's wrong with us. I'm colored & you're not. That's all we'll ever be; black & white," you cried.

Kit cupped your face softly, forcing you to look at him. He rubbed your tears away with his thumbs, "There ain't no black & white between us, Sweethawt," he smiled, "Jus' love, lots & lots of love," his heartfelt sentiment just made you cry harder & he pulled you into his chest. You hugged him tightly & he buried his face in your hair, kissing your head. He let you sob into his chest for a bit before he gently picked you up & carried you bridal style to the bedroom you shared. He laid you down gingerly in your bed before he laid beside you.

You bit your lip for a moment before you turned towards him, pressing a kiss to his jaw. He let out a soft purr & wrapped his arms around you, pulling you closer. His loving words earlier really struck a chord with you & made you realize just how lucky you were to have such an incredible husband.

As you continued to kiss his jaw, Kit started to laugh, "Sweethawt, what're you doin'?" you moved down to his throat, continuing to kiss him feverishly. When you reached the part where his jaw & neck met, his breath hitched & his grip on your waist tightened, "Sweethawt?" he breathed.

"Make love to me," you whispered against his throat, causing him to shudder.

"Y-ya sure?"

"Entirely, Mr. Walker," he gently held your hips as he flipped you both over, pinning you underneath him.

He bit his lip as he looked at you, "I love ya, Mrs. Walka."

You smiled, "I love you, too," & with that, he pressed his lips to yours & salvaged the remainder of the perfect night.