Prompt #15 (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

"Looks like we'll be trapped here for a while..."

------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe this," you hissed, glaring at the speedster beside you, "What do you mean the doors are stuck?"

"I mean that they won't open; they're jammed shut," he said, attempting once more to pry open the doors.

You groaned, "I can't believe this! I have a class to teach," you were a teacher at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters where Peter currently trained at & lived in. The two of you butted heads a lot due to his childishness & annoying behaviors. To say he irritated you was an understatement. Yet, despite everything, you still had hopelessly fell for him, although you would never tell him that. Instead, you pretended to hate him so he wouldn't get suspicious; however, in the current situation, you definitely weren't pretending.

"Hey, I have training, so you're not the only one missing out on something important," what the two of you didn't know was that Professor X & your friends had entirely planned this scenario. They were sick of your guys' constant bickering & arguing, so they devised a plan to hopefully settle your fighting once & for all. Charles would create the illusion that the elevator was broken & stuck, forcing the two of you to work together to get out.

You pinched the bridge of your nose & sighed, "Great, just great," you leaned against the corner of the elevator, hoping someone in the mansion would realize your absence & come to your rescue.

"Well, looks like we'll be trapped here for a while," Peter said, pressing his palms against the doors of the elevator. You just groaned again.

"Of all the people I could get stuck in an elevator with, it had to be you."

He snorted, "You think I wanted to be stuck with you? I'd rather be stuck in here with Scott."

You rolled your eyes, "Whatever," the two of you engaged in an anger-fueled staring contest, boring hatefully into the other, "You know, maybe if you had a more useful power, we wouldn't be stuck in this goddamn elevator."

"My power isn't useful? Are you kidding?" he glared at you, "What's so useful about your power? All you can do is shoot electricity through your fingers. Hell, for all I know, we could be stuck in here because of you!"

You scoffed, "Seriously? I can fucking kill you with one flick of my finger, which in this current situation, is completely tempting."

He narrowed his eyes at you, "I'd run away before you could even lay a hand on me & you know it."

You snorted, "I only need to lay a finger on you & poof! No more annoying Speedy."

He moved closer towards you, his glare menacing, "I could just run with you, let you get whiplash, & poof! No more obnoxious Sparky."

You glared up at him, "Well, I'd rather die than be stuck in this elevator with you."

"Likewise," you frowned, crossing your arms across your chest. He smirked at you & copied your pose.

"You're an ass."

"I have a glorious ass, thank you for noticing."

"You're such a child."

"At least I admit it & don't pretend to be more mature than I actually am."

You narrowed your eyes, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He smirked, "Oh, it means exactly what you think it's supposed to mean."

You growled, electricity starting to flow through your fingertips, "You are the biggest idiot on this planet."

"You're not so bright yourself, Sparky," he grinned, "You only have a mere spark of intelligence," you had had it. A hot bolt of electricity shot from your fingertips, aimed right at Peter, but he saw it coming & by the time the bolt left your fingers, he was already gone & out of the way. Instead, it hit the doors of the elevator, melting part of them together. You sighed & groaned when you saw what you done, "Oh, now you've done it," Peter said angrily, "Now we'll never get out of here."

You threw your hands up in exasperation, "Well, maybe if you didn't piss me off so much I wouldn't have to constantly yell at you & lose my temper!" you sighed angrily & sunk down onto the floor of the elevator, burying your face in your hands. Peter watched you for a moment, his anger & irritation with you suddenly faltering.

He sighed softly, sadness painting his features, "Why do you hate me so much?" he asked, his voice soft & slightly hurt. It made your heart hurt & for the first time, you truly felt guilty for being so harsh with him. Sure, he was annoying as Hell, but he was really kind, loving, & compassionate. He was a great person & he definitely didn't deserve to have his feelings hurt.

"I don't hate you," you said quietly, pulling your hands away from your face to look at him.

He frowned, "I can see that you do, I just don't understand why."

You sighed, "No, Peter, I don't hate you; you just royally piss me off. You're the only person I've ever met who pushes my buttons on a daily basis."

He pouted softly, "Well, that's because I like you."

You raised an eyebrow, "Seriously?"

He smiled, blushing slightly, "Well, yeah! I figured I could only get your attention if I annoyed the Hell out of you."

You laughed, "Wow, you really are an idiot," you stood up & walked over to him, "You got my attention the first time you flashed me that brilliant smile."

He grinned, "Really?"

You rolled your eyes, "Really, but don't let your ego burst."

He chuckled, "Will do," you smiled softly. The two of you stared at each other for a few moments, a nice peace settling between the two of you. You could finally get past all the childish fighting & be friends, "About what I said earlier..."

"Don't worry about it," you cut him off, "We were both just mad; I know you didn't mean it."

He smiled, "I'm glad you didn't mean it either & that you don't hate me."

You laughed, "How could anyone hate you? You're too cute to hate," he grinned, puffing his chest out a bit & making you laugh more.

Suddenly, the doors of the elevator began to screech. You & Peter jumped back in surprise as the doors slowly began to bend open. Soon enough, the doors were wide open, Charles & Hank appearing into view.

"Oh thank God," you exclaimed happily as you & Peter got out of the elevator.

Hank raised an eyebrow at Charles, whispering, "I thought they weren't really stuck?"

Charles sighed & mentally responded, "They weren't, but somebody welded the doors shut," he looked over at you in annoyance, "Now you'll have to replace the doors," Hank sighed but nodded.

"Thanks Professor, Hank," you said, "I thought we'd never get out of there."

Charles smiled, "You're welcome, now both of you, get to where you're supposed to be."

He said before wheeling off, Hank following along & mumbling, "I told you this wasn't a good idea."

You looked back at Peter, "Well, I guess I should get going---" you were cut off by the feeling of his lips against yours. It took you a moment to process his actions, but when you did, you eagerly returned the kiss. It was a lovely, sweet kiss, but the electricity & chemistry that had been boiling between you two made it so much more than just a simple kiss.

When he pulled away, he had a giant grin on his face, "I'll see you after class," he said, leaning in to kiss you one more time before he sped off.

Standing in the middle of the X Mansion, you grinned to yourself, "What an idiot."